With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Confirmed" or "null canon" Digital World locations?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    That's a pretty lengthy article, but I may have to read it in full. Good stuff and interesting history. And it points out all the problems with the anime's English dub, which always earns points in my book.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Sorry for the bump, just thought this was relevant to this topic:

Can anyone clarify how the different locations across the entire franchise are related (if at all) to one another?

Curious because I remember someone here saying before all that the anime-only Digital Worlds (from Adventure to Xros Wars) were interconnected in space-time. Yet from the lore itself there's the null canon Digital World, plus from certain media there are the New Digital World and Digital World: Iliad. Are these all meant to tie in together somehow?

Are the Dark Ocean and Dream Dimension specific only to the Adventure-verse?

Do places like Witchelny and Nanimon's home count as their own Digital Worlds in of themselves, or are they merely parallel universes where the inhabitants aren't really "Digimon" as we know them since Wizardmon and Nanimon changed form when they crossed over?

The terminology is a little confusing too because from reading Wikimon some places are mentioned as being the Digital World of a different dimension (like Witchelny), while places like Iliad are described as being on a different server. Which doesn't help...

Would it be safe to suggest that these Digital Worlds are all merely iterations of the original from the null canon, and beings of sufficient power can theoretically traverse the different worlds?

?????

My head hurts just thinking about it.

Junior Commander
    Witchelny is a different dimension, like Earth.
    Iliad is straight-up a different Digital World.

Dream and Dark Ocean dimensions are Adventure-only

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    @VanChizzle
    Most of the questions you're asking we don't really have answers for. There are a few I can comment on, though.

Quote Originally Posted by VanChizzle View Post
    Are the Dark Ocean and Dream Dimension specific only to the Adventure-verse?
    Yes, as sirtao said. However, Dagomon's Ocean is part of what Adventure calls the Dark World, which is essentially just another name for the Dark Area mentioned throughout the franchise.

Do places like Witchelny and Nanimon's home count as their own Digital Worlds in of themselves, or are they merely parallel universes where the inhabitants aren't really "Digimon" as we know them since Wizardmon and Nanimon changed form when they crossed over?
    Not sure if it counts for Bandai canon, but according to the Adventure novelization Wizarmon's form did change when he entered the Digital World.

Would it be safe to suggest that these Digital Worlds are all merely iterations of the original from the null canon, and beings of sufficient power can theoretically traverse the different worlds?
    Well, we do know that certain Digimon can travel at will between universes, at least in some media. Whether that means all universes or not, there's no way of telling.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Nanimon is from the Tamagotchi universe https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Oyajitchi I think Wizarmon may be a similar situation but with the setting of the Magical Witches vpets.

Red shirt
    What about Parrotmon? Although, this is a stupid joke of mine that I believe it supposedly is Peedy the Parrot from the Microsoft Agent application (of course, Bandai doesn't owned it, that's why it's a stupid joke) since it's mentioned in Parrotmon's reference book description that it came from a "different dimension".
    Last edited by DPTronazel; 05-31-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTronazel View Post
    What about Parrotmon? Although, this is a stupid joke of mine that I believe it supposedly is Peedy the Parrot from the Microsoft Agent application (of course, Bandai doesn't owned it, that's why it's a stupid joke) since it's mentioned in Parrotmon's reference book description that it came from a "different dimension".
    Then, I suppose what I'm asking about is the Digital World as established in the V-Pets? "Established," of course, being a messy term.

(And of course there are Digital Worlds that don't have Server; that's Adventure-exclusive)
    Last edited by TMS; 06-02-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Sorry for the bump, just thought this was relevant to this topic:

Can anyone clarify how the different locations across the entire franchise are related (if at all) to one another?

Curious because I remember someone here saying before all that the anime-only Digital Worlds (from Adventure to Xros Wars) were interconnected in space-time. Yet from the lore itself there's the null canon Digital World, plus from certain media there are the New Digital World and Digital World: Iliad. Are these all meant to tie in together somehow?

My head hurts just thinking about it.
    The Digiworlds are a multiverse, showing both in X-ros Wars, where the past goggleheads show up in the same show, and Ryo, which is in season 3, show up in season 2, with a young Ken. When Izzy show the 02 cast all the worlds are connected, show that these connections can cross. That is why the dark ocean is shown in season 2, and as well as the dreams that each 02 tamer had.

On the other part, Digimon does not only show this multiverse. https://wikimon.net/References_to_Di...opular_culture
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234