With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion: Anime vs Manga

Yeah I liked the manga better I think. Mostly cause Death Generals was my least favourite Digimon anything to date, but I think the manga diverged in a really cool direction. I wouldn't have asked for the Digimon --> human counterparts, but they're kind of cool to see.
    Taiki's personality also makes way more sense with this development. It's not just some soccer-ball-in-the-rain-Taichi-wannabe stuff, there's a real struggle and conflict there.

I do like the anime, but the manga is more in depth and almost, philosophical. The way you have the internal dilemma in Bagramon at the end, the Wizarmon Tailmon parallels, the Milleniummon, it all made more sense to me imo.

I think it did some characters abit more justice like Taiki being less "perfect" and his backstory being more shown.

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Add Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    Dorulumon story is somehow the same, but he did even more terrible things than in the anime. Even if not played like in the anime, the rivalry between Dorulumon and Tactimon exists because of that.

Ballistamon backstory is revealed to be different in the manga, thou (its revealed in chapter 7 or 8, IIRC).
    What did Dorurumon do in the manga which started the rivalry between him and Tactimon?

So, Ballistamon wasn't DarkVolumon in the manga?
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Dorulumon in the manga was a child solder of the barga army and Ballistamon wasn't darkvolumon

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Monox haven't you read the manga??

By the way, which was the backstory of Ballistamon in the manga? I can't remember right now. If I recall correctly. Dorulumon's one is a bit more brutal than in the anime.

Before living in Green Zone as a refugee, Ballistamon had to flee his zone of origin when was invaded by the Bagra Army. He was somehow a coward, afraid to use his abilities to fight until he met Shoutmon, who inspired him. They are best buddies since then.
    Last edited by Exiled; 10-31-2015 at 03:37 AM.

Add KaenKazui on DeviantArt Add KaenKazui on Google+
    The manga all the way. I straight up hated the Xros Wars anime for the way they threated the human characters (e.g. Taiki being perfect and the others being his cheerleading squad) and for how repetitive it was. It also never delivered on the promise of having Digimon army battles and basicly used the same DigiXros over and over again.

All of this was different in the Manga. The characters were well balanced, they have given Taiki a proper backstory for his behaviour. They used many more different DigiXrosses. Nene actually delivered on the "mysterious girl" thing. And so on. I personally also somehow really liked the entire time travel plot and how they brought in elements from different other seasons. The epilogue really toged my heart strings

So basically: Hated the anime, loved the manga.

Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Add Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Monox haven't you read the manga??
    Only halfway through, and I like how the character of Taiki played out in the manga because he isn't the Mary Sue anime version. The anime version of Taiki wouldn't poo in the open space.
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Only halfway through, and I like how the character of Taiki played out in the manga because he isn't the Mary Sue anime version. The anime version of Taiki wouldn't poo in the open space.
    Then read the rest -I Vande Vi Britannia command you-

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Then read the rest -I Vande Vi Britannia command you-
    I wanted to, but I couldn't get access to it. And isn't illegal scans discouraged here?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast