With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Digimon Protectors - The Highton View Terrace Incident (Chapters 1-15)

Ain't got no mojo... Jivewriter's Avatar
    The Railius and Cyrismon battle wasn't like anything I had ever seen, mythical in speed and intensity. The two of them rushing around faster than any sprinter could achieve even in the shortest dashes and they were throwing sword strikes at each other at the same time. Out of nowhere Railius threw basketball sized black energized blasts that when hitting anything punched holes right through concrete. Cyrismon missed a slash and cut straight through the middle AC unit that slid off a solid piece onto the ground, rolling and then down the fire hole in the middle of the roof. I edged closer but the orbit the two were moving and at the speed this was trying to get close to a tornado made of barb wire and fire. I couldn't get close enough, the few Darths left were swatted away by Cyrismon all on his own. I felt helpless for the moment, the two not coming near me so I stood back and kept a tense over watch but looked for an opening to land a shot on Railius. The a Darth tried to anticipate Cyrismon's trajectory, drawing a blade back to drive it through his back plate. I shifted my aim over and unloaded the rest of my magazine, each shot driving him back until he took a tumble off the side of the building.

I reloaded my last magazine, a glance at my watch seeing only three minutes had passed. My gun up I keep scanning for other threats as Cyrismon seemed to get the upper hand on the Darth leader, using his sword to cut through a blast and catch him by the neck with his paw. Twisting around Cyrismon whipped the Darth like a baseball and right into the further AC unit. Railius caved in half of the machine, parts bursting out the back as he pulled himself free of the twisted metal around his arms. Cyrismon dashed forward right over the burning flames to pin the Darth with his sword into the remains of the metal box. The Darth was quick, rolling under the strike and lept backwards, his body trailing black smoke in his move seemingly boosting his speed and bringing him to a stop. My opening came up, my gun aimed as he forgot completely about me and I was going to make him pay for it. Cyrismon let go of his sword, drawing both his shorter daggers off his chest with pure fury in his eyes, crossing them over as they raged fire off the honed edges. 'VENGFUL...' He summoned as he turned to Railius.

My sites came up to the back of Railus's head when I spotted something Cyrismon didn't, two Darths emerge from both sides of him! So focused the Digimon was on Railius that his situational awareness all but gone to maintain his lock on attention to the Darth leader. One was mid leap the other was swinging a knife down at him from behind. A yell wouldn't cut it, only an action. Only one choice. The range was almost at its extreme but it didn't stop me. My aim came off Railius, my vision closed in at the Darth to Cyrismon's left. Two shots. The Darth pitched to the side and slammed into the crumpled AC unit. I swung my aim past Railius's turning head when he saw me. Two more rounds fired. The Darth to Cyrismon's right detonated into nothing. Railius saw my aim swing back at him, the surprise I hadn't shot him but flinching out of my sight picture. 'DAGGARS!' Cyrismon finished and threw his arms out with a blast of orange.

Shit.

Before I could move I was kicked right off my feet when my eyes only caught a glimps of nearly a dozen trails of bright orange light that remained in my vision. The force was enough I could feel my chest cavity compress in, only surpassed when my back resoundingly hit the back of the AC Unit I first hid behind so hard my head dented the metal. My pistol and digital knife went flying off as I sunk a little more down the metal. Pain started to register, real pain this time. Not the dull burn but the scorching nervous system short circuiting levels of affliction. Looking down with a lowering head I saw what had been done. Sticking out of my left shoulder, my stomach and my right leg were three kuni style knives that were sizzling in place. My vest was punctured, the blades passed through all the way down to the handle in each. I could barely breath, my left arm wouldn't raise up at the shoulder and my right leg failed to support my weight. I fell to a knee, the electrical shocks of unbearable anguish in my burning skin and punctured muscles. I looked up and realized everyone still standing had paused.

Cyrismon's face was nothing but abject shocked horror across his face, arms up in the same position as he was realizing what he had just done. I looked back with a grim grimace of bared teeth as I struggled to breath now. Railius was surprised, looking between both me and Cyrismon. His sword came up to point at me, a ruthless smile at me before looking at the Digimon. 'Now...that is hysterical.' The remaining Darth admitted.

Railius struck back at Cyrismon, throwing his arm forward with the same kind of blast he threw at me in the basement but this one was faster.. The fighter Digimon snapped out of it too late, arms up as if to block but the impact was absolute. Cyrismon was blanked out, the AC unit erupted and a full column of the blackened smoke shot up into the air as if it was a bomb itself. When the blast cleared, the AC unit, most of that corner of the roof and Cyrismon were gone. Just like that, I was now on the roof alone.

I heard Railius start to laugh, I knew it was at me. Blood was starting to seep out of my wounds...the knives fell out? I saw one of them slowly digitize off into nothing leaving the gaping hole in my leg. It was pool red into the gravel. Emergency calculations were going off in my mind, knowing how long in your mind in a second how I had left. Maybe two minutes before unconscious, twenty before dead. Maybe a minute remained in that upload. That's all that mattered.

I rose my head with a fit of cough to see Railius looking pleased with himself, looking around with his arms out. 'You're a terrible house guest.' Railius remarked, 'But I will say you are effective.'

Railius grabbed onto my vest and I was airborne in a whip sideways. I hit the ground, skipping once and slammed legs first into an air duct. I whipped over it as I caved in the side, rolling onto my stomach and getting up on my elbows. I got my hand on my spare knife, lashing out as I heard the gravel crushed under his metal boots get close enough. I almost landed the strike as Railius came over, swatting the strike away with a flick of his sword. The knife severed in two as I stumbled backwards but he was right up and over the duct, grabbed me with both hands and tossed me again. Smiling the whole time, he lifted me right off the ground with both hands. 'You don't seem to understand.' He spat at me, 'You failed.'

Railius without any effort on his part threw me parallel to the ground and my face smashed first into the metal duct before the rest of me did. I felt my nose pop and my right shoulder nearly dislocate as I tumbled along the ground deflecting off the bent metal. When I came to a stop, my chest was so heavy to me I could barely breath anymore, like trying to inhale air through a gravel packed snorkel. When my eyes came up I saw where my hand was. A foot away from Gennai's knife, my left hand slowly getting around. I rolled onto my side bringing my arm in behind my back just as Railius retrieved me from the ground. I brought both my hands up to his wrists as he gripped into the back of my vest's collar. 'You didn't stop all my followers from leaving an hour ago.' Railius brought me right to his nose, 'Your world's armies are about to be cut at the knees and you came after me? Are you really that stupid?'

Railius then whipped me along the ground, a splitting wave of gravel in my wake before I hit the low wall with another harsh thud. My vision was almost gone, a few twitching coughs were all I could muster. I took a hard blink and saw my pistol just out of arms reach. I crawled a few inches and got my hand around the pistol and a boot came right down on top of it. I screamed through my teeth as I felt my right hand suddenly pop in several places and Railius kicked the pistol away to show my fingers were mangled and my hand distorted. I got kicked in the ribs, this time I felt them snap as I was forced into the fetal position. The tip of his sword came under my chin and made me look up at him shaking a finger at me. 'No more Archer.' Railus dug it under my chin, 'Time's up.'

I complied, my right hand shooting lighting up from the tips all the way up my arm, I used my left to get to my feet. Railius was relishing this. I just gave him the same look I did the night before, furious disdain as I breathed heavily. 'Still...no fear just like a ghost is already dead.' Railus remarked in an admirable tone, 'You walked right into my den all just to get to me?'

In that moment, I couldn't help but smile even though it was just bloody red stains across from them. I even started to laugh, sputtering blood out as I did. Railius wasn't so impressed, the confounded eyes narrowed. Was he that conceited? 'What's so funny?' He demanded with a poke to my neck.

'You though this was about you?' I answered shaking my head, 'I couldn't have cared less about you.'

'Oh really now?' He jabbed the sword in and backed me right to the edge.

'Your plan was pretty smart.' I gave him as my legs were on the verge of giving out, 'Would have done the same thing...but your plan's linchpin was something I just took away.'

A beeping came to our left, the far corner as we both looked over at the same moment. The laptop was sitting there, toning away as the counter was at zero. Finally seen to the end, the black lettering on the solid white background blinked 'UPLOAD COMPLETED. MESSAGE(S) SENT' right there for Railius to see. 'Surprise.' I finished as he walked over to the laptop.

The Darth retrieved the laptop from the ground looking at it with it in one hand. 'You're whole plan depended on that.' I said using my left hand to get my cigarette pack out, 'Now my side has a fair chance to fight back.'

Railius's smile had gone and was replaced with complete frenzied anger, taking his sword and slashing into the laptop and rupturing it into nothing but steaming components. I pulled the last smoke out with my bloody lips, the lighter right behind it as I lit it taking the first drag off it as Railius turned to me again with black fire in his eyes. 'You shouldn't let things like me run around.' I reminded him of his own words when we first met.

I knew what was coming, this could only end one way. Railius swooped forward and in a flash of black steel I felt my entire chest make a series of audible crunches. There was no pain to register since the intensity was so high it became like white noise and sudden numbness through my entire torso. I felt a solid strip of something through everything. The throbbing in my entire body stopped, my feet lifted off the ground for a moment. I didn't feel any thudding in my neck or body. My heart stopped. A glance down saw Railius's sword was buried almost to the hilt in my chest where my heart would be. Railius grabbed the back of my head with his fist, lips to my ear. 'No one remembers a ghost.' I heard him whispered with contempt.

My left arm had found its way behind my back, grabbed Gennai's blade by the handle with whatever strength I had. 'You'll remember...' I breathed my last, 'and that's all that matters!'

My arm sprang up from my side and drove it into Railius's chest, dragging up right through the side of his body and up as he realized he got stuck. The sword in my chest came back out, a shower of blood, bones and flesh chunks followed it as he tried to recoil away. The knife only made it up to his head, glancing off his cheek and then right over his left eye as he spiraled away clutching his face. I let out a long roar standing there, fists out to the side as my body drained itself, my lungs emptied in the single act of defiance as my body gave out.

Everything went limp, my arms falling down and my legs just gave out. I fell limply off the roof, ass hitting it as the world went around and round and cut through the billowing smoke of the building. The world spun, the sky stayed and I hit the water as sounds were barely above mute as I sunk deeper away. Murky water...couldn't see...in dark...light....
    Last edited by Jivewriter; 04-27-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    - Just another bit of data floating around, that's all I am. But as you know, even a little bit of it can kill you.

Alright everyone we have made it over fifteen chapters in, creeping closer to 9,000 views and we are about a halfway through the story. I'd like to thank all of you for the views you have given, the feedback you'd sent me and all that fun stuff. I got a lot more coming up to write and I really want to make the best story for your time spent reading what I manage to scribble down. I'd like to hear what you guys and girls think of the story so far, it would mean a lot to me!

Thanks again for all the likes and excellent rating!
    - Just another bit of data floating around, that's all I am. But as you know, even a little bit of it can kill you.

CH-17 Wait In Time

WAIT IN TIME

This day this world will fall to me alone, even if there was resistance I could never expect but the result in my view will be the same. The outcome I will make. The result I will conjure with pure will alone. It will me standing among the remains of this world and sifting my fingers in its ruins to rise my vision. No matter who stands in my way it will be even if I am standing alone at the top of the rubble. Whatever remains, whoever crawls out of the dust to beg for respite from what I will unleash further when I prevail will not survive unless their devotion is proven to my liking. Maybe I'll make them fight it out among cities, see who becomes the top of the vermin to serve me. With my legacy returned after I pry it from what remains of The Order, I will reign supreme. The struggle was more than I expected, from a human who just complicated things for me and one I couldn't understand his very existence.

Archer. What a surprise he turned out to be. It couldn't believe a human like him could cause me problems or raise the ire of Daemon like he did. How could I? A human is frail, weak willed and minded. They can be manipulated so easily. They can be wooed with positions of power over their common man, meaningless rewards and accolades. Archer wasn't anything this. How dare he think he was a rival to me? I wish I could kill him over again but take my time driving my still bloody sword through his body. Who he was wasn't without its appreciation. The level of destruction, the cold contempt to his enemies, the absolute conviction to prevent my ascent resulted in my very hallways soaked in the blood of my programmed pawns. Just the path of bodies where he had travelled didn't infuriate me, it made me an admirer in a odd way. Imagine if I had coerced him instead of Gennai? The sheer force of will would have made my whole plan achievable with ruthless efficiency. It made me even more question Gennai's sudden fluctuation of standards for what he would call a hero to his side. Cyrismon I could understand, a shadow cloaked avenger with revenge on his mind. Archer's motivation was alien to me, what did he even accomplish? The gash up my side and my left eye carved out of my head beyond my healing ability aside, leaving me to rap it over with a crude cloth bandage was just a peppermint reminder of him. I was fortunate he didn't hit anything important. Still had to crawl off the roof and disappear into the smoke, remaining here on this roof until now forceably healing my wound. Wasn't going to get the eye back for a very long time, if ever. Even under all that, Archer claimed he did was give his side a fair chance as he called it.

Fair chance? Did Archer know what forces he'd be facing? The utter destruction a force of darkness would provide me when the gate opened tonight, a time soon approaching would be unlike anything his ilk ever experienced. Even with a weapon from Gennai, all he could do was snuff out some of my followers and my own projected Darths. It was the one thing that did vex me more than anything, creating Darths was a strenuous endeavour of my unyielding power so that it was. They were rough copies of my self anyway, needing to sap the energy from other victims or through violent experience. They were mere quarter minded living shadows of who we Darths really were. Shame most of my followers found themselves wiped out but when the Dark Ocean opens to this world, the overwhelming wave will wash this world ino black void of black cloaks and corroded steel. Whatever Archer did he would do no more, I saw to his end and thus completed my task to Daemon. Now it was only a waiting game. 'Do you know what you have done?' Daemon's voice came from behind me.

I knew this was coming, the casting off both of our deceptions towards each other. This was always a marriage of convenient alliance. We both had what the other wanted. We both knew it was going t be a battle of who would get the most out of our arrangement. Both of us would work against the other in ways. I tuned to see Daemon flying above my head, looking up at hi with my one good eye left with my arms out, the mural of smoke and setting sun behind. 'Not exactly what I ha in mind.' I admitted gesturing to the remains of my building, 'But the desired outcome still came to be s I don't know---.'

Before I even got that out, Daemon descended upon me and both of his claws were around my neck. Clenching in he lifted me again like small child and drove me down into the ground wth a heavy crunch into the half wall, collapsing in the cement with my back an pinned me into t. The eyes flared furry and I could see for the first time the gleam of sharpened thick teeth from his mouth. 'Have you lost your mind Railius?' The Mastermind of Darkness demanded,'You worked behind my back to find the DigiDestined and now you have sent this word into panic? Remind me why I shouldn't kill you for this!'

'Because you would have killed me if you didn't still need me.' I answered back with a grin under the pressure, 'And you should thank me for making tonight that much easier for you.'

'Easier?!' Daemon lifted me up off the ground.

I was ripped over his head and back into the ground hard enough to cave in the roof below me, a dull thudding in my back starting up but nothing I couldn't ignore. I still gripped onto his wrists pulling to keep the pressure off. 'You have set this city into a panic!' Daemon ground me into the ground, 'A building explodes and you think this won't--'

'All the children you're looking for will be at home.' I leaned my head forward over his hands, 'The city like all the rest has declared a state of emergency. Everyone will be expected to be in their homes before sun down. I just guaranteed that everyone you're looking for will be where they are suppose to be regardless of our actions.'

Daemon paused in his third thrashing, now he was listening. 'This was a distraction to make sure no one will be there to stop us in any way.' I educated him, 'All those people like Archer will be too busy putting out fires and picking up the pieces, far away from where we will strike our blow. Bet you didn't think about that did you?'

Daemon leaned back for a moment, using those words like he did to me. Slowly he let go before letting me roughly drop back to the ground, feet upon the roof now as he turned to the smoking remains of my den of plotting. I got back up slowly, brushing myself off as I smiled away that I had gotten one up on the so called Mastermind of Darkness. 'Let us not deceive each other Daemon something like this was bound to happen somewhere.' I continued to smooth over with him, 'We changed the past the moment we arrived. All I did was guide events back to their mostly intended place. What more do you want?'

'Complete annihilation of them.' Daemon turned back, 'Even if one DigiDestined is left alive tonight it is a threat to any future plans.'

'Do you take me for a fool?' I countered almost offended, 'I know how the Order, the Four Guardians and Gennai want this to end. I saw it just as much as you did. The Dark Masters picked off one by one? MayloMyiotismon in all his glory swatted like a fly by their power? I want them gone as much as you!'

That may have been the truth a few hours ago but thanks to Owikawa, it was going to be my finial leverage over this Demon Digimon once and for all. Daemon still bore his eyes into me, myself mirroring his look being his equal even if I had only one eye left to stare with. 'You think this is just about the human world?' Daemon scoffed at me, 'You cannot take over the Order or the Digimon Masters without my army I'm raising on our world'

'And you won't ever take this world so long as any DigiDestined breaths.' I reminded him dangerously, 'We both need each other to see our dreams come true.'

'So it seems now.' Daemon conceeded.

We both knew what that meant. We needed each other for the moment. When it was done, who knew who would strike first but both of us would have our own fight for dominance. It was the way of darkness, only one to rule with the hands crushing both worlds. Only one was allowed to cast the shadow while others groveled in it. 'Did you correct the problem at least?' Daemon changed the subject, 'Please tell me he didn't leave you with that and lived.'

I rubbed the gorged out socket from atop the bandage as a sore reminder of that fight. 'You were right to say I underestimated him.' I stroked his ego to back him 'I cut him and Cyrismon down in the end. 'All of Gennai's allies here on Earth are gone. Nothing left to do but wait.'

Daemon gave a stiff one note laugh crossing his arms in. 'At least you did that.' Daemon conceded back, 'Where is his body?'

'Body?' I questioned, 'I ran him through and then he fell off the roof into the bay.'

'Where is his body?' Daemon pushed me with a step, 'I want to see it myself.''

'Then take a swim.' I insisted with a point, 'I heard the splash even with my eye gouged out in his last act of defiance.'

Daemon rose his head up in question and then away to the towering smoke. 'Last act?' He postulated slowly in his mind.

'You worry too much for a Mega level Daemon.' I laughed, 'Even Gennai can't bring a human back from the dead.'

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234