With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34350515253

Thread: Theories for Tri

Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    How isn't it official that Maki and Daigo were members of the original DigiDestined? Granted no one has said "they were the original DigiDestined", but they don't need to. The original group was shown as a team of 5, as was Maki and Daigo's group, and Taichi and co. were the second group of DigiDestined. I suppose theoretically, there could have been other groups between the original 5 and the Adventure group, but there's no evidence to support that.

But no, Gennai never mentions the time difference between the first and second group
    I kind of figured he never said.

And that's kind of what I'm saying. I'm fairly certain it was a reference to them being the original five and it would take something we don't know yet for them to be someone else but yeah I do really think they are the original five.

Basically, it sounds to me like Yggdrasil has seen how different the real world is from the digital world and deems it a threat to the existence of the digimon so he wants the real world to be gone. Which sounds to me like there's a way the digital world can now exist independently of the real world. I think Yggdrasil reprogrammed Gennai, and knew about Maki's loss and contacted her to get her as an outside help to his plans. She helped Yggdrasil carry out the reboot, but I also think she aided Yggdrasil by providing the digivice for Meiko and the specimen (Meicoomon) for the infection that Yggdrasil created so his plan in getting rid of the real world could be carried out. Also, I think that Alphamon is Yggdrasil's knight carrying out his will as well. And I think that Alphamon is responsible for the disappearance of the 02 chosen children, and Maki seems to have had something to do with it given she is in possession of Ken's devices. I think Maki lured the 02 chosen children into the digital world perhaps with promises to see their digimon and there Alphamon overpowered them and they either were defeated and barely managed to escape alive (which seems to happen a lot in digimon series'), or they were killed outright (perhaps to be reborn through either some miracle or the reboot since they died in the digital world), or they were locked away somewhere by Alphamon. On the fence about which one to go with, though. Its a tough choice and could be any one of them.
    I also think that given Homeostasis wants balance and peace between the two worlds, they're after Meicoomon simply so she doesn't destroy the world; and perhaps Homeostasis has the solution to the infection... Hackmon/Jesmon is obviously working with Homeostasis. And clearly they don't see the real world as the threat Ygrassil deems it to be; so they pretty much feel Ygrassil is mistaken. But you can't fight Yggdrasil right? If they can't stop Yggdrasil, what is it they hope to do about it? Well, Meicoomon and her infection seem to be part of the key to this apparently.

And that's as far as I've gotten in the matter. A lot of this is still shrouded in mystery and I can't wait til Sept 30!
    Last edited by DBxDigimon_fan; 08-02-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Ain't got no mojo... NekaBudala's Avatar
    The more I see the trailers it looks like those leaks from Reddit 5 months ago seems legit

If whole Game Of Thrones season 7 was leaked in October 2016 and even though people didnt believe in them and now those leaks are proven true then even Digimon Tri can be leaked

Besides that seeing those googles on trailer after they were not shown back from beggining of Reunion on Davis head it looks very promising indeed 😊
    Waiting between September 23rd and October 28th for Symbiosis movie is to long...

I'm a Maniac
    Uh, yeah Davis was wearing his goggles in Reunion. Plus in the trailer, Hikari says "Big brother... why". So definitely implying that they're Taichi's.

Add clanc on Facebook
    How are those leaks from reddit confirmed?

So, for the part of Kyousei when they show Taichi's goggles - where Hikari says "Big brother, why?" - I think Taichi is gonna be reckless (again) and steps in the way of one of Meicoomon's attacks critically striking him; and I think this would cause Hikari to become upset thus susceptible to possession/infection which causes Tailmon to evolve into Ophanimon Falldown Mode in which she sees Meiko and Meicoomon as greater threats and attacks them. But this is mostly conjecture. Makes sense to me...

Yggdrasil's motivation is tied to the Digimon Kaiser's action

This is a theory I had posted on TV Tropes Wild Mass Guessing page.

The poor Ken is connected with every single villain from 02. Who turned him into the Digimon Kaiser were those three guys: Millenniumon, Dagomon and Oikawa. Millenniumon implanted the Dark Seeds inside him, Oikawa's email indirectly brought him to Dagomon's Sea where his Digivice turned into the D3, and Oikawa needed Ken to build the Dark Towers to weaken the barrier between the two worlds. Even after his Heel–Face Turn, his Dark Towers still play a prominent role and were used to give birth to artificial Digimon like BlackWarGreymon. Demon and Vamdemon needed Ken's Dark Seeds for their own ambitions and they eventually help the latter evolve into BelialVamdemon.

Despite all the manipulation behind Ken's back, the action of the Digimon Kaiser and the damage caused by him still fall into Ken's responsibility. He's the only known human who actively enslaved Digimon and he's also responsible to create Kimeramon, a destructive "machine" that could have annihilated the Digital World's population, considering that the Four Souvereigns were still severely weakened by the Dark Towers. And if he didn't have build that many Dark Towers, the Digital World wouldn't be weakened by that extent, and beings like BlackWarGreymon wouldn't be created who destroyed six of the seven Holy Stones. While Oikawa manipulated Ken to do all these things, Oikawa had no direct impact on the Digital World like Ken did (aside from his Heroic Sacrifice in the Grand Finale). And while the Dark Seeds heavily influenced Ken to be a megalomaniac, it's Ken's own darkness that let him fall into it.

Given that Yggdrasil is known to be a narrow-minded entity, they probably view Ken as the worst example of a human being, and even if they did consider Vamdemon's orchestrating the events behind Ken and Oikawa, it's their own darkness that caused those tradegies and Vamdemon merely used the incredible powers and abilities humans were capable of. Ken's D3 was so powerful, it prevented Digimon from evolving naturally, which is also a threat if you consider how Apocalymon was created. Digimon unable to evolve caused many of them to go extinct when time passed on, and Ken's D3 posed a similar threat regarding that and may give birth to another Apocalymon if things have gone worse. Gennai disguising as the Digimon Kaiser may be a tribute to Ken being once the biggest threat to the Digital World.

There's no guarantee that other evil humans like Ken and Oikawa could appear in the future and nobody can tell if they would have the same potential as the Digimon Kaiser. There are a lot more D3s in the world and most of them are the Spore Children who could all potentially become the next Digimon Kaiser as Miyako originally feared.

Yggdrasil sent their minions (likely Alphamon) to take out Ken specifically since he used to be the Kaiser, and Daisuke and the others were merely protecting their friend, but they failed.
    Last edited by MajinAkuma; 08-01-2017 at 09:09 PM.

My theory is that they will make all the tamer Digimon into their X-evolution forms. The ones who do not have one, they will introduce theirs next year. 15 years if X-antibody Digimon and most are being mistreated like trash. I do love to see Agumon X and Gabumon X warp-Digivolve into Omnimon X.

Part of my theory is that we won't see Holydramon.

Does anybody have their own theories about Holydramon in Tri or lack thereof?

Bakumon can look into other people's dreams, can't they? If so, Bakumon will learn about his lost past/memories by looking into Himekawa's mind when she's asleep. That should be enough to convince him that they were partners.

Quote Originally Posted by DBxDigimon_fan View Post
    Part of my theory is that we won't see Holydramon.

Does anybody have their own theories about Holydramon in Tri or lack thereof?
    There's a whole discussion thread about Ophanimon and Holydramon.

Oh I know, I've participated in that one on and off lol - but it more ties into an older theory of mine that goes back before Tri.

Anyways, theory for toward the end I think Maki has gotten herself in too deep and will die in some way along with Meicoomon; there are an awful lot of parties out to get Meicoomon now. I think their hunt for her will end in her death, which actually I would say is what neither Alphamon's side & Jesmon's side want to happen. I actually speculate that may have a role to play in Yggdrasil's plan failing.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34350515253