With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast

Thread: Theories for Tri

Quote Originally Posted by sulmandinah View Post
    even Takeru&Hikari's development in 02 seems not shown in Tri
    Snarky response: "What development?"

Serious response: "No really... I'm struggling to come up with something and I'm not even being snarky... What changed about them in 02 that would have any effect on Tri?"
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    even Takeru&Hikari's development in 02 seems not shown in Tri
    Snarky response: "What development?"

Serious response: "No really... I'm struggling to come up with something and I'm not even being snarky... What changed about them in 02 that would have any effect on Tri?"

I'm not talking about how much their characters develop in 02, i'm emphasizing their development in 01 series into 02.

In 01 we know Takeru as crybaby, In 02 we saw Takeru not only a wiser but also capable to make strategy for the team. But the most interesting that Takeru's hatred toward darkness change his attitude like real badass. I'm not really a fan of Takeru but him beating Digimon Kaiser easily one of the best moments in Digimon.

Or Hikari that finally address her relying on Taichi as a problem and her fear of Darkness in 02 and how she dealt with it.

But what i saw from Tri that they seems skip that development ever happened to them.

I'm a Maniac
    I'm not talking about how much their characters develop in 02, i'm emphasizing their development in 01 series into 02.

In 01 we know Takeru as crybaby, In 02 we saw Takeru not only a wiser but also capable to make strategy for the team. But the most interesting that Takeru's hatred toward darkness change his attitude like real badass. I'm not really a fan of Takeru but him beating Digimon Kaiser easily one of the best moments in Digimon.

Or Hikari that finally address her relying on Taichi as a problem and her fear of Darkness in 02 and how she dealt with it.

But what i saw from Tri that they seems skip that development ever happened to them.
    I wouldn't say they've skipped that development. I think the story line just hasn't gone that in depth with those previous arcs.

Since Takeru is no longer the most experienced member of the team (which he was in 02), he doesn't have to think of all the strategies. And so far in Tri. they haven't really fought against 'darkness' in the same way. There's been more confusion instead of knowing "that's the bad guy, let's get 'em!"

As for Hikari, the focus hasn't really been on her yet, so we don't know if they've skipped that. Again, there hasn't been the same sense of 'darkness' throughout all of Tri. so it's hard to see how she deals with that now. But she has spent plenty of screen time without Taichi, so I haven't seen her as relying on him.

Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Another thing I think might work is that should Devimon return as well, he should be as NeoDevimon.

I come from the net
    I will support that. Maybe after have him evo to a Demon. ...Or use Demon. Either way, I like this idea you had.

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    Takeru is suffering the same PTSD crap they pulled in 02. He had his film, but they didn't do much with the character except characterize Meiko instead. I mean, he's the same caring kid and all we really got from him aside that was that he wanted to put Patamon before everyone's safety. (Forgive me if that's worded harshly, I know he had good intentions. I also have only seen that film twice.)

As for Hikari, it's too soon to judge. She will probably get heavy development in this film when Meiko isn't needed for the plot.
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Another thing I think might work is that should Devimon return as well, he should be as NeoDevimon.
    I can't really see that happening in Tri., as much as I've always liked the idea of seeing NeoDevimon. We've only got two movies left, and I just can't see him being put in for any significant reason. Especially considering that I think they would need to have Devimon evolve, because just sticking NeoDevimon in there with no context, it wouldn't hit with the majority of the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by ShindoW View Post
    Takeru is suffering the same PTSD crap they pulled in 02. He had his film, but they didn't do much with the character except characterize Meiko instead. I mean, he's the same caring kid and all we really got from him aside that was that he wanted to put Patamon before everyone's safety. (Forgive me if that's worded harshly, I know he had good intentions. I also have only seen that film twice.)

As for Hikari, it's too soon to judge. She will probably get heavy development in this film when Meiko isn't needed for the plot.
    That's definitely a fair point about Takeru. I didn't really think too much about the PTSD aspect of it, mainly because they didn't keep effing mention 'he lost Patamon before' three dozen times like they did in 02. But retrospectively, it was nice to see they did keep that aspect of his character alive. Even if it wasn't the best part of him, they didn't abandon it, which is good writing

But I think it's actually a good thing that he was selfish, wanting to put Patamon above everything else. It's a very real thing to do, especially for an emotional teenager. And Takeru is so often portrayed as an almost annoyingly flawless person, it's a smart choice to show that he can still mess up.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel

Jeff Nimoy posted this picture along with the other ones from the Anime Expo panel 2 days ago and got me thinkin'... are they finally gonna show something 02 related in tri.. this got me fanboying hard tbh lol

original link: https://jeffnimoyanime.tumblr.com/po...or-the-digimon

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    It's just a fan giving him art, as was mentioned in what he posted. So it isn't relevant.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    It's just a fan giving him art, as was mentioned in what he posted. So it isn't relevant.
    what a way to ruin a moment.. thanks Vande

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast