With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Theories for Tri

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Well, I guess I can put forward at least one theory for this series. I'm thinking maybe the glasses-wearing girl partnered with Orochimon/Xuanwumon could be Meiko's mom. I'm just not sure if the timing works right for that.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I think that Yggdrasil will possess Hikari and cause Gatomon to evolve into Ophanimon Fall Down mode.

I definitely feel like Hikari is going to get possessed by some kind of Darkness that she will eventually overcome with her 'Light' and then that'll be the trigger for her to finally evolve to Holydramon. But I'm going to guess that while she's possessed by the Darkness that is when we will have Ophanimon Falldown Mode. Effectively giving us both Ophanimon AND Holydramon as Tailmon's Ultimates, truly settling the debate. (And I suppose it might also settle the question of Movie 3 being canon or not?)

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    Let's not go crazy about Movie 3 XD

Okay. So on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that Gennai's corruption was planted in him by Piemon? I mean... the producers showed in the film's opening minutes that they are MORE than willing to dive deep, deep into the lore of the show and establish that Himekawa and Nishijima were part of the original 5 Chosen Children that Gennai mentioned offhand in the penultimate Adventure episode. After that I wouldn't be surprised if we finally get an answer to the question of what exactly Piemon implanted into him after the original Hikarigaoka incident.

Just... please don't let Gennai actually BE Piemon in disguise... I can't handle all of these avatars upon avatars!
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

just throwing out some random probably overeager ideas...
    I could actually imagine part 5 opening to Jou awkwardly giving Meiko CPR or something (he's the team doctor after all). Meicoomon will probably evolve and the vanish in a distortion before Meiko regains consciousness.
    I doubt that Hackmon contacted Daigo just to let him know about the status of his ex-lover, the Homeostasis probably plans to drag him back into the fight by "baiting" him with Himekawa. It's possible that he still has a bond with his partner and who knows, maybe the holy beasts' god status could have prevented from resetting completely, so he could be a potentially strong ally. However since he's with Hackmon they'll probably have some run-in with Alphamon that will hold them up and prevent them from being to helpful for the chosen's side of the plot.

Himekawa is probably off the deep end, I could imagine her arc being some dark counterpart to the relationship between Sora and Piymon in Part 4. With her lack of patience she will probably try to drag out Bakumon's memories forcibly. She'll probably either approach Meiko's father and his Digimon lab or Yggdrasil for help (although I really hope that she notices that Yggdrasil just used her), and do god knows what to "restore" her partner. Maybe she'll be the one who gets a truly dark evolution because of "care mistakes".

Meanwhile with Yggdrasil and Meicoomon (at that point maybe Libra[mon]) interfering with its precious balance the Homeostasis will get pissed and grow really desperate to get its hands on Hikari's super special light powers, eventually forcibly possessing her in order to "use" her potential. In the process it might even try to turn Hikari into another sacrifice "for the greater good", which could be the movie's main conflict. Judging by her actions during the Vamdemon arc Hikari herself might actually be somewhat okay with that... but of course the other characters won't.
    Meiko will probably end up feeling all responsible again and try to stop Meicoomon on her own before the Homeostasis does anything to drastic.
    Ofanimon falldown mode could have several triggers... Maybe the dark(ish) evolution could be an effect of the outside influence on Hikari, turning her into a mindless weapon for the Homeostasis' forcible restoration of balance (mirroring her profile describing her as merciless judge of "sinners"), or maybe Tailmon triggers it through her own tumultuous emotions about Hikari's situation in an attempt to free her for the more general symbolism of a fallen angel rebelling against a god.
    But ...things will happen and at the end the pure powers of light will triumph and then Falldown mode will turn into the regular Ophanimon who looks at the audience and says: "Damn, does it feel good not to be a pink dragon" ...Nevermind that.
    Anyway at the end the Homestasis might very well destroyed or heavily damaged which could be Yggdrasils chance to take control. Possible by taking over the Homeostasis or by merging whatever world it came from with the "normal" digital world, both could be "symbiosis" from the title, and that leaves the last movie to deal with Yggdrasil itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra Seleno View Post
    So on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that Gennai's corruption was planted in him by Piemon?
    Considering the mystery man implies that he's not Gennai at all but some entitiy from another world taking on random appearances and since Piemon has never been associated with Yggdrasil at all... probably 0.
    ...But maybe the actual gennai could still be tied up somewhere, freeing him could be Hackmon's motive or something.
    Last edited by Theigno; 02-25-2017 at 07:34 AM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

I'm a Maniac
    So what do you guys think that speech from Homeostasis at the very beginning could have meant? The darkness turning into water and the light turning into fire reminded me of the dark ocean and the fire wall. So... dark ocean confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Neilandio View Post
    So what do you guys think that speech from Homeostasis at the very beginning could have meant? The darkness turning into water and the light turning into fire reminded me of the dark ocean and the fire wall. So... dark ocean confirmed?
    Homeostasis was most likely talking about the Four Holy Beasts, since each one represents an element, with Huanglongmon being light and darkness.

I'm hoping that Falldown Mode is the result of a characte arc and not a possesion, it would have more of an emotional connection. Maybe the grief of Meiko's attack pushes her to 'punish sinners' without empathy? Ps is Meiko dead or just unconscious? Maybe it's something else, like thry find the 02 kids dead in a pile,lol. Or maybe Tailmon took Meicoomon's darkness to purify it hence the title? I'm not expecting to be right.

I think there's definitely going to be a lot of Light and Dark duality symbolism in the next film. And I hope that implies that we get to the see the reverse side of the Homeostasis' role as the 'arbiter of balance'. Since Light and Dark are supposed to be in harmony, that means that if Light gets too strong, then Homeostasis SHOULD need to step in and start causing some Darkness. That's something that has never been touched on. I think if the good guys start overwhelmingly winning (or if the Royal Knights represent Light/Order?) while Hikari is under possession of the Homeostasis, then we may see the Homeostasis 'switch' to Darkness, which could cause Ophanimon FM.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I think there's definitely going to be a lot of Light and Dark duality symbolism in the next film. And I hope that implies that we get to the see the reverse side of the Homeostasis' role as the 'arbiter of balance'. Since Light and Dark are supposed to be in harmony, that means that if Light gets too strong, then Homeostasis SHOULD need to step in and start causing some Darkness. That's something that has never been touched on. I think if the good guys start overwhelmingly winning (or if the Royal Knights represent Light/Order?) while Hikari is under possession of the Homeostasis, then we may see the Homeostasis 'switch' to Darkness, which could cause Ophanimon FM.
    I think your theory is one of the most plausible (and exciting) one, alongside the one about the Dark Ocean and stuff. However, as I pointed out in another thread yesterday, if you read Ophanimon FM's profile, it is specifically implied that she has nothing to do with light or darkness, as Lilithmon in regards to Ophanimon or even BlackSeraphimon do; the only way the appearance of FM can be justified is that Hikari (or Tailmon itself) gets angry for some reason, maybe because of some 'imposition' of this kind made by Yggdrasill, 'cause she feels betrayed by the rest of the group, she gets infected by the virus and then become fierce, who can know for sure at this point. But definetely NOT a dark evolution, at all.

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 ... LastLast