With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307077787980

Thread: Digimon Adventure Tri Shipping thread.

Ain't got no mojo... CrimsonMarvel's Avatar
    Add CrimsonMarvel on DeviantArt
    Not that big of a shipper but here are some of my opinions:

Yamato x Sora: I'm fine with this, I assumed they were dating during 02 anyway (and then they broke up apparently). I think this one is going to be confirmed.
    Taichi x Sora: I like this ship but over the years I have kinda given up on it, especially after tri.
    Taichi x Meiko: I don't like it, but that's more because I don't like Meiko. At least it gets rid of the love triangle with Taichi/Yamato/Sora, I think this one is definitely going to be confirmed.
    Yamato x Meiko: I like this more than Taichi x Meiko, they just seem to have more charisma IMO.
    Koushiro x Mimi: Indifferent, they have cute moments and that's it for me. I think this one also has a good chance of getting confirmed.
    Jo x Mimi: Indifferent but prefer the other Mimi ship, still want to see Jo's current girlfriend though.
    Takeru x Hikari: I hate this, it's like they were created solely to be a ship. both angelic Digimon, both crests are most important, ugh... They are impossibly perfect for each other. Does this one have to be confirmed?...I guess it does...
    I got none of the mojo's

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChizzle View Post
    I can relate with the sentiments expressed in these posts. We already have just 1 episode left and there seems to be little to no chance of properly establishing any new relationships without it seeming a little rushed. At this point the shipbaiting in the earlier episodes is looking like it was just teasing fans for no reason, when it could have been better used on the plot itself or more character development, back-story etc. Feels kinda pointless if you're not going to give people catharsis in that area IMO. If it ends up the way I think it is going to, I'd have preferred to have no romance whatsoever at all in this series.
    Well, even if Koumi and Takari won't become couples at the end, the shiptease scenes tend to have another funtion apart from shiptease, especially considering that Tri focus a lot in characterization and interactions.

- The shiptease Koumi shows the changes of personality in Koushiro.

- The shiptease Takari shows the relationship and interactions between Takeru and Hikari.

I mean there are a lot of shiptease moments for Taito, but although Taichi and Yamato won't become a couple, these scenes still have the function of showing the relationship and interactions between these characters.

PS: That said, we still don't know the staff's plans. They still could add Koumi and Takari at the end of Part 6.
    Last edited by Kon; 02-14-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by VanChizzle View Post
    I can relate with the sentiments expressed in these posts. We already have just 1 episode left and there seems to be little to no chance of properly establishing any new relationships without it seeming a little rushed. At this point the shipbaiting in the earlier episodes is looking like it was just teasing fans for no reason, when it could have been better used on the plot itself or more character development, back-story etc. Feels kinda pointless if you're not going to give people catharsis in that area IMO. If it ends up the way I think it is going to, I'd have preferred to have no romance whatsoever at all in this series.
    There are many ways that could provide that catharsis without inherently going into a full deep explanation. The simplest answer would be to do something similar to the 02 epilogue, and just add/confirm couples that way. While it may not feel like enough to some, it could be gotten away with because of some of the teases/hints. They also could go with something that acknowledges feelings, but remains somewhat open ended (like a kiss or one someone confessing their love, and it being reciprocated). A relationship could be implied, but people could have their own head canons. I agree that we probably won't get any fleshed out romances/relationships, but that doesn't mean they can't have small things.

And as Kon said, the shipteases do further character development and make them a little more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMarvel View Post
    Not that big of a shipper but here are some of my opinions:

Yamato x Sora: I'm fine with this, I assumed they were dating during 02 anyway (and then they broke up apparently). I think this one is going to be confirmed.
    Taichi x Meiko: I don't like it, but that's more because I don't like Meiko. At least it gets rid of the love triangle with Taichi/Yamato/Sora, I think this one is definitely going to be confirmed.
    Takeru x Hikari: I hate this, it's like they were created solely to be a ship. both angelic Digimon, both crests are most important, ugh... They are impossibly perfect for each other. Does this one have to be confirmed?...I guess it does...
    Nothing has to be confirmed at all. The 02 epilogue already showed that Yamato and Sora got married. Even if they appear to have broken up, unless we are told that the 02 epilogue no longer holds true, then the canon remains that they do end up married. But that's it. There is no inherent need to confirm any other couple. I except (and hope for a couple) that they will, but unless any of them are tied to the outcome of the story, they don't need to be confirmed. They didn't have to confirm Sorato or Kenyako at the end of 02, but they still did. It just adds flavour to the story.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Speaking of Kenyako, am I the only one disappointed that we haven't seen any interactions that provide leverage for that ship (or even the Zero Two kids themselves) so far in tri.? In Zero Two, the ship just seemed to come out of left field, although there were *some* interactions that hinted that they might become a couple in the future.

Junior Commander
    Not really. Since the 02 kids are out of the picture, I wasn't expecting a lot of development about them. If they were involved, I think I would expect and want to see a hint or two. But overall I think it's kind of a moot point.

I come from the net
    Unlike the rest of the the ending, I had no problem with a Ken/Yolei ship. I liked her and I didn't hate him. It just seemed like it'd make sense.

I'm going digital
    Visit DigitalCorp's Youtube Channel
    So, is Takari still a possibility at this point? Because based on what I've been reading, and it isn't much, Takiko (TakeruxMeiko) could be a thing now.

Junior Commander
    Technically everything is still a possibility at this point, because we don't know if the 02 epilogue will remain canon. But while there may have been some teasing/flirting from Takeru directed to Meiko, I don't think that ever really took over Takari in terms of likelihood. Especially since part five came out, I think that ship has largely sailed. (Oh god, I just saw what I did. Please forgive that horrible, unintentional pun) Whether they end up going that way or not (though I think they will), I think they tried to lay enough groundwork there to make TaichixMeiko a more likely outcome. But again, anything is possible.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Unlike the rest of the the ending, I had no problem with a Ken/Yolei ship. I liked her and I didn't hate him. It just seemed like it'd make sense.
    Agree. And I think overall the Tri series is failed. better to compose a new series after the authentic story

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCorp View Post
    So, is Takari still a possibility at this point? Because based on what I've been reading, and it isn't much, Takiko (TakeruxMeiko) could be a thing now.
    I don't think Takiko is really a thing. Takeru was a little flirtatious towards Meiko, but this attitude seems to be related with his flirtatious personality (not a romantic interest). They aren't particularly close either, Meiko has a much closer relationship with Mimi and Sora.

Also, Taichi x Meiko seems to be a thing after Part 5. The staff seems to be heading in a romantic direction with Taiko.

Regarding Takari, there have been shiptease moments for the couple in Tri.

That said, although they have a very close relationship, it is ambiguous if there are romantic feelings between them.

In Tri, there are some hints that Hikari could have romantic feelings toward him, but it isn't confirmed. Regarding the feelings of Takeru, these are almost a complete mystery (although it was said that he could have feelings toward Hikari by the Director Keitaro Motonaga in an interview).
    Last edited by Kon; Yesterday at 01:23 PM.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307077787980