With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Tri Shipping thread.

He does show a bit of a fascination with stars in the Tri Stage Play too. (It wasn't a big focus for only Yamato, though. The whole cast seemed to enjoy stargazing.)
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I honestly don't know what to make of the shipping no matter how hard I think about it. Like knowing it's Japan, lot of Animes ended in the 'interpret it however you want' way in the last few years and the Japanese audience are satisfied with it and don't care about canon, it's highly unlikely we'll get another epiologue (or the same) and a real end to the teasing. Furthermore there isn't much time left (wasted too much let's be honest) to resolve and to explore them cleanly or make them by international fans standards, canon either. So I feel like they'll leave them ambiguous with a few hints at the end - which isn't very fulfilling after all these years and after the, by our usual mindset, pointless teasing. As to us usually only clean-cuts - end canon matters not some what-if's or future possibilities and most of the moments will be looked at as a form of baiting and not 'progress'. I mean ending it that 'open' way (if they do) is okay too for Takari and Koumi as their respective partners were never relieved and fans can headcanon however they want but like overall at leat for me I question what was the point of all the scenes were if that's how they'll end it? Why did they even bait us like this instead of spending it on the actual plot instead? Beside money for obvious reasons.

(it's 3 am and I am tired but can't sleep bc of Digimon and my huge dislike for half-assed open-endings and unresolved couple history, I want an end + heal the broken kid inside of me after waiting 15 years sorry for the mess that I'll regret writing once I wake up)

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikarix View Post
    I honestly don't know what to make of the shipping no matter how hard I think about it. Like knowing it's Japan, lot of Animes ended in the 'interpret it however you want' way in the last few years and the Japanese audience are satisfied with it and don't care about canon, it's highly unlikely we'll get another epiologue (or the same) and a real end to the teasing. Furthermore there isn't much time left (wasted too much let's be honest) to resolve and to explore them cleanly or make them by international fans standards, canon either. So I feel like they'll leave them ambiguous with a few hints at the end - which isn't very fulfilling after all these years and after the, by our usual mindset, pointless teasing. As to us usually only clean-cuts - end canon matters not some what-if's or future possibilities and most of the moments will be looked at as a form of baiting and not 'progress'. I mean ending it that 'open' way (if they do) is okay too for Takari and Koumi as their respective partners were never relieved and fans can headcanon however they want but like overall at leat for me I question what was the point of all the scenes were if that's how they'll end it? Why did they even bait us like this instead of spending it on the actual plot instead? Beside money for obvious reasons.
    In fact, the shiptease moments are few and short. Also, most of these moments tend to happen in Slice of Life moments, then even if these are replaced, they would be replaced by other Slice of Life moments.

So far, Taito is the shiptease with more function in the plot, but these moments could not be replaced.

Also the shiptease moments of Takari or Koumi have a function in Tri. If you ignore the bait, all these moments show characterization in the characters or their relationships:

- Shiptease Koumi tends to show new aspects in Koushiro's personality. Some do not like these changes in his personality, but that does not change this function.

- Shiptease Takari show the interactions between Takeru and Hikari. They are best friends, so it's natural that we will see the change in their interactions.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    In fact, the shiptease moments are few and short. Also, most of these moments tend to happen in Slice of Life moments, then even if these are replaced, they would be replaced by other Slice of Life moments.

So far, Taito is the shiptease with more function in the plot, but these moments could not be replaced.

Also the shiptease moments of Takari or Koumi have a function in Tri. If you ignore the bait, all these moments show characterization in the characters or their relationships:

- Shiptease Koumi tends to show new aspects in Koushiro's personality. Some do not like these changes in his personality, but that does not change this function.

- Shiptease Takari show the interactions between Takeru and Hikari. They are best friends, so it's natural that we will see the change in their interactions.
    Yeah that's true but I especially meant the unnecessary Tai x Yamato - Sora x Tai and Meichi moments for example, like the drowning scene btw Yamato and Tai that felt out of place and which if you think about it could've been replaced with some development instead. Or the fanservice in the 2nd movie. Well whatever what's done has been done, I should just suck it up that Takari won't be canon and my childhood me will be disappointed all over again lmao.

I'm going digital
    Yeah that's true but I especially meant the unnecessary Tai x Yamato - Sora x Tai and Meichi moments for example, like the drowning scene btw Yamato and Tai that felt out of place and which if you think about it could've been replaced with some development instead. Or the fanservice in the 2nd movie. Well whatever what's done has been done, I should just suck it up that Takari won't be canon and my childhood me will be disappointed all over again lmao.
    The thing with Taito and Meichi is that these relationships have focus in the films and are part of the plot, they just add shiptease to their interactions.

Tri hasn't much Taiora (or Sorato) shiptease, but it usually has the function to show their interactions. Even the apparently unnecessary Taiora (and Sorato) shiptease of the cafeteria in Part 1 has the function to show Mimi and Sora interactions.

Although I enjoyed the Onsen, it's true that it is a innecesary escene. This does not even contribute much to the characterization (and only a little to their interactions), this is mainly fanservice and comedy.

PS: We don't know how the staff will end the issue with Takari and Koumi. They can always put an new Epilogue with these couples in the last five minutes. We have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Kon; 10-08-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Junior Commander
    Even if they don't do an epilogue, they don't have to do a lot to imply/confirm that relationships are at least starting. I mean we know of Koushiro's crush, and if they showed Mimi holding his hand near the end or something, that would likely indicate at least some form of mutual affection. Something like that could easily cover basis of Koumi shippers, non-Koumi shippers alike (Saying something may/could start, not not saying how it will end).

But Kon's point about the shiptease moments having a function sort of reinforce what I've said time and again about shipping. It's all what fans make of it.

No one would ever deny that Takeru and Hikari are best friends and incredibly close. So of course they're going to interact a lot with one another. But everything is down to interpretation. I think the only clear cut sign that there might be a hint of a crush/feelings was at the start of part 3 when they were at Ken's, and she thought about Takeru growing up & blushed. And even that, we really know for sure is that Hikari saw him in a different light and was a bit caught off guard by it. But everything else is subject to what we want to see. As a Takari fan, I see Takari hints. But not everyone does, and that's okay.

But I will say, it's only shipteasing if nothing gets resolved. And there is a good chance nothing will get resolved of course, but if something does happen with any character/ship, then it's all building the narrative.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Watching Tri I didn't think I would care about the shipping anymore especially at this age but with each passing movie I'm finding my 11 year old self still wishing for her ship to come true even though it's a long stretch since I ship Mimi and Tai lol. Honestly they had little interaction in 01/02/movies (still more than Matt though *cough* Mimato was a thing?) and I watched the dub so it was all about Taiora so I wasn't delusional just that Mimi was my favourite female character and Tai was my favourite male character so I naturally liked the idea of them together. Surprisingly in Tri Mimi and Tai have more interactions which is awakening my inner Michi shipper even though it's most likely platonic unlike Izzy's obvious crush on Mimi. Takari can be canon (I'm not even a Takari shipper but they are just too cute in Tri and feelings seem mutual) but I wish they would leave the rest ambiguous and up to our imagination. I especially don't want them to make Tai and Meiko canon...like didn't the director not want Tai and Sora to end up together because it was too stereotypical? Tai and Meiko would be even MORE stereotypical ugh.
    Last edited by Mimichan; 01-07-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Junior Commander
    The quick answer to that is that Tri has a different director and creative team than the original series. So even the original director felt Taichi and Sora were too stereotypical, the current one may not care about that for Taichi and Meiko

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    The quick answer to that is that Tri has a different director and creative team than the original series. So even the original director felt Taichi and Sora were too stereotypical, the current one may not care about that for Taichi and Meiko
    I know it's a different team of people~ it's just that it annoys me how we didn't get the stereotypical couple before only to get it now. It's not canon yet but I think it most likely will be with the way it's playing out. Toei really should have brought back the same team or at least some people from the old team because canon couples aside the storyline and addition of badly written new characters is really disappointing.
    Last edited by Mimichan; 01-15-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmandinah View Post
    4 movies out and no romantic scene involved (only teasing and never be expanded later).

It is obviously (to me) that they don't have intention to develop romance in Tri and probably will never make new canon pairing.

As sucks as it is. I think for us shippers (espicially Koumi n Takari) are happy enough with their cute interaction (although no more than teasing, only) in Tri so far.
    I agree that Tri's staff probably won't focus on develop romance in the story.

That said, I do not think this can guarantee that the staff won't add new couples (like Takari or Koumi). After all, Adventure and 02 doesn't develop romance in the story, but it has couples at the end.

In fact, if they add new couples in an epilogue, the shiptease in Tri can be used to explain their relationships in the future.

PS: Of course, we don't know the plans of the staff. The shiptease in Tri can only be shiptease (and they don't plan add any new couple).

Furthermore there isn't much time left (wasted too much let's be honest) to resolve and to explore them cleanly or make them by international fans standards, canon either. So I feel like they'll leave them ambiguous with a few hints at the end - which isn't very fulfilling after all these years and after the, by our usual mindset, pointless teasing. As to us usually only clean-cuts - end canon matters not some what-if's or future possibilities and most of the moments will be looked at as a form of baiting and not 'progress'. I mean ending it that 'open' way (if they do) is okay too for Takari and Koumi as their respective partners were never relieved and fans can headcanon however they want but like overall at leat for me I question what was the point of all the scenes were if that's how they'll end it? Why did they even bait us like this instead of spending it on the actual plot instead? Beside money for obvious reasons.
    I can relate with the sentiments expressed in these posts. We already have just 1 episode left and there seems to be little to no chance of properly establishing any new relationships without it seeming a little rushed. At this point the shipbaiting in the earlier episodes is looking like it was just teasing fans for no reason, when it could have been better used on the plot itself or more character development, back-story etc. Feels kinda pointless if you're not going to give people catharsis in that area IMO. If it ends up the way I think it is going to, I'd have preferred to have no romance whatsoever at all in this series.

Is it impossible that Koumi/Takari is finally set up in Bokura no Mirai? No, but without anything even remotely concrete in terms of a mutual attraction between either of those pairings other than just tiny, vague little hints here or there up until now, just how likely is it that we'll see one of the shipmates suddenly realize that they like the other and actually do something about it?

It would be typical of Adventure to have no romantic development whatsoever and then end up with a couple at the end out of nowhere (see Sorato, Kenyako and now potentially Meichi), but OTOH shipbaiting the **** out of fans and then never leading to anything would be just as unbelievable. Just because of Kakudou's mistakes with regards to developing romance in Adventure/02, it would be hilarious to see the new staff swing the other way to the complete opposite end of the spectrum... The part that makes you shake your head the most however is that they very likely know which ships are the most popular too - in Japan at least.

That being said... I've still got my fingers crossed for Hikari x Dagomon before everything has concluded (true OTP fam). Toei had better not disappoint.