With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 266673747576
Results 751 to 760 of 760

Thread: Digimon Adventure Tri Shipping thread.

  1. #751
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    Takeru's hints definitely have been more subtle, but since the campfire scene in Loss with the whole "my number one will always be you know who" line, I've felt like there definitely could be a chance Takeru may have admitted to Hikari he has feelings for her, and on further review, I feel like some of the teasing could sort of stem from that.Of course my full blown hope is that they've been secretly dating the whole time, but I know that won't be true. I just dream.

    Overall though, I'm not expecting any truly substantial conclusion to any of the ship teasing we've seen, since it's clearly not a focus of Tri overall.
    I don't see that the campfire scene implied romantic feelings from Takeru towards Hikari. Can you explain me why you felt that?

    "My number one will always be you know who" seemed a joke for Yamato.
    Last edited by Kon; 09-13-2017 at 08:04 PM.

  2. #752
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    141
    On it's own, it doesn't specifically imply feelings. It just got me thinking more about the teasing overall. Even if it's not referring to Hikari, I think it does hint that Takeru may like someone, and Hikari (and possible even Yamato) know about it. He directs the comment to Hikari before turning to Yamato, who says he wants to stay out of it (which is similar to part 1, where Takeru says he loves Yamato the most, and Yamato tells him not to be stupid). The first interaction between Hikari and Takeru in Tri was her teasing him about getting girls. His first reaction is to ask if she's jealous. But the act of Hikari teasing Takeru about girls obviously occurs a few times in Tri, and he normally doesn't shy away from it. He takes it in stride.

    But the conversation at the campfire as a whole says something too (imo):
    T: You know, she seems kind of helpless.
    H: Really...
    T: What's wrong?
    H: You wanna know?
    T: Don't worry, my number one will always be you-know-who. [Turns to Yamato] Right?
    Y: Don't get me involved.

    To me, the scene brings the teasing full circle, and I get the impression that Hikari knows Takeru likes someone (maybe her, maybe not), so sheis teasing him for showing concern for Meiko. And Takeru is deflecting by teasing Yamato. It certainly may not be Hikari, but the fact that I like Takari, makes me want to think it's Hikari.

    Thinking about some hints though, the other things that always to strike me are the background/off frame moments of concern they show for one another.

    When their sliding down the hill, Takeru is grasping Hikari's hand, but it's only on screen for a moment. Later, of course, he's helping her up. In Loss, after the battles when the team meets up again, Hikari runs straight to Takeru, when the others have stopped moving. And when the ground shakes a moment later, he is physically supporting her.

    Now of course, these do not mean there are feelings between the two, however I do find it interesting that these moments have been put in, but not front and centre. It's not like the fight in Part 3, where Hikari is holding onto Takeru for most of the fight. The Takari fan in me hopes that it means the writers are trying to subtly lay more groundwork. But at the very least, I think it's a good job of showing the close relationship the two have, whether it's romantic or not. That's my side thought for now though.

  3. #753
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    Takeru's hints definitely have been more subtle, but since the campfire scene in Loss with the whole "my number one will always be you know who" line, I've felt like there definitely could be a chance Takeru may have admitted to Hikari he has feelings for her, and on further review, I feel like some of the teasing could sort of stem from that.Of course my full blown hope is that they've been secretly dating the whole time, but I know that won't be true. I just dream.

    Overall though, I'm not expecting any truly substantial conclusion to any of the ship teasing we've seen, since it's clearly not a focus of Tri overall.
    I don't see that the campfire scene implied romantic feelings from Takeru towards Hikari. Can you explain me why you felt that?

    "My number one will always be you know who" seemed a joke for Yamato.

    Well..In the portuguese version it seems like he was referring either to Hikari(more plausible) or other girl because the subtitles for it were: "Você sabe quem é MINHA número um"
    In portuguese "my" has genre flex so if it is said to a masculine noun the correct flexing is "meu" and for feminine is "minha"
    I think the joke for Yamato was that while Takeru does know who is his "Number one"...Yamato doesn't(As his feelings for Sora are kind of strange at this point and he clearly seems to struggle with them)

  4. #754
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfugid View Post
    Well..In the portuguese version it seems like he was referring either to Hikari(more plausible) or other girl because the subtitles for it were: "Você sabe quem é MINHA número um"
    In portuguese "my" has genre flex so if it is said to a masculine noun the correct flexing is "meu" and for feminine is "minha"
    I think the joke for Yamato was that while Takeru does know who is his "Number one"...Yamato doesn't(As his feelings for Sora are kind of strange at this point and he clearly seems to struggle with them)
    That's pretty interesting (I didn't know that about Portuguese). I don't know if Japanese has this genre flex too.

    However, Japanese having this genre flex or not, I think the joke of Yamato being "the only one" is still mantained (only more misleading at first).

  5. #755
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,116
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Generally Japanese doesn't use gendered pronouns. It wouldn't have been clear in the original what gender Takeru was referring to.

  6. #756
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    141
    While I do like that the Portuguese version used a feminine noun to fuel my hopes, I would assume it was just a choice made by whoever was translating, and not a deliberate indication. I doubt anybody said, "hey, Takeru's referring to a girl here, not a guy. So make sure you use the right noun." The whole scene was deliberately ambiguous. They're being coy in front of the others for some reason or another, which means we're not supposed to know yet.

  7. #757
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    1,738
    In the Japanese version of that scene, I vaguely recall Takeru wasn't being coy about who he was referring to. I think he literally said 'Don't worry, Nii-chan will always be number one.'

    I can probably check the scene when I get home.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

  8. #758
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    In the Japanese version of that scene, I vaguely recall Takeru wasn't being coy about who he was referring to. I think he literally said 'Don't worry, Nii-chan will always be number one.'

    I can probably check the scene when I get home.
    It's true that he was referring Yamato in that scene (it's pretty obvious).

    However, he didn't seem to be so direct in this joke. If I'm not mistake, he just mentioned his Nii-chan a the end of the joke (it was a surprise joke for Yamato).

    Of course, I don't know Japanese, so I can't be sure.


    PS: I think the 'Don't worry, Nii-chan will always be number one.' was one of his jokes in Part 1.
    Last edited by Kon; 09-14-2017 at 07:45 PM.

  9. #759
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    In the Japanese version of that scene, I vaguely recall Takeru wasn't being coy about who he was referring to. I think he literally said 'Don't worry, Nii-chan will always be number one.'

    I can probably check the scene when I get home.
    It's true that he was referring Yamato in that scene (it's pretty obvious).

    However, he didn't seem to be so direct in this joke. If I'm not mistake, he just mentioned his Nii-chan a the end of the joke (it was a surprise joke for Yamato).

    Of course, I don't know Japanese, so I can't be sure.


    PS: I think the 'Don't worry, Nii-chan will always be number one.' was one of his jokes in Part 1.
    Takeru definitely referred to Yamato in Part 1, but I don't recall him saying 'Nii-chan' in Part 4. Definitely want to check that out now when I can.

    Update: Did check, I did not hear Takeru say Nii-chan at the campfire, but Taichi did in teasing Yamato
    Last edited by SharpeBB; 09-14-2017 at 10:52 PM.

  10. #760
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Unknown
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Y'know, as unlikely as that sounds, it's something I can totally see happening. That is a way I think Meiko would actually react. Some people here think she's not very much fleshed out as a character, and therefore by definition horribly written, or worse, a Mary-Sue, but I disagree. She's becoming my favourite character in tri. with each movie, and if they find a way to fit her into the epilogue, my happiness will know no bounds.

    EDIT: Okay Tamers had one scene too. But that was for hilarious effect, not to develop any romance between any of the characters, not to mention it did not involve any of the protagonists.
    Thank you very much. That was super quick but I'm glad you think it works.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 266673747576

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •