With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576 LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 760

Thread: Digimon Adventure Tri Shipping thread.

  1. #741
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikarix View Post
    Tbvh, as much as I dislike it, I feel like they won't resolve any of the teased ships, neither the hinted romantic development, leave them vague (I don't see Mimi or Hikari etc-confessing) or show/mention/change the epilogue. They'll probably end Tri openly, perhaps for the next anniversary - for further movies in a few years (it brings cash) and leave it up to us to however we interpret it or if we still view the epilogue as canon. I am not very fond of this idea especially after Hikari seeing Takeru's growth (+ Takeru's seiyuu saying Takeru has a crush on her) and Koushiro's crush on Mimi but I feel like that's were it's heading right now as there isn't much time left that would be needed to resolve them - neither were there any big romantic moments that couldn't be viewed as mere fanservice there.
    I agree that it's unlikely that Part 5 and Part 6 will resolve the shiptease. In fact, I doubt the story of Tri can be resolved in the time left (I suspect a continuation is possible, but this is another topic).

    Also, I want to mention that it wasn't the seiyuu of who said that Takeru has a crush on Hikari. It was Keitaro Motonaga (the director of Tri) who said that Takeru probably develop romantic feelings toward Hikari.

    https://jkdigi.tumblr.com/post/13978...ri-magazine-so
    Last edited by Kon; 09-13-2017 at 05:10 AM.

  2. #742
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikarix View Post
    Tbvh, as much as I dislike it, I feel like they won't resolve any of the teased ships, neither the hinted romantic development, leave them vague (I don't see Mimi or Hikari etc-confessing) or show/mention/change the epilogue. They'll probably end Tri openly, perhaps for the next anniversary - for further movies in a few years (it brings cash) and leave it up to us to however we interpret it or if we still view the epilogue as canon. I am not very fond of this idea especially after Hikari seeing Takeru's growth (+ Takeru's seiyuu saying Takeru has a crush on her) and Koushiro's crush on Mimi but I feel like that's were it's heading right now as there isn't much time left that would be needed to resolve them - neither were there any big romantic moments that couldn't be viewed as mere fanservice there.
    Also, I want to mention that it wasn't the seiyuu of who said that Takeru has a crush on Hikari. It was Keitaro Motonaga (the director of Tri) who said that Takeru probably develop romantic feelings toward Hikari.

    https://jkdigi.tumblr.com/post/13978...ri-magazine-so
    Ohhhhh, now then *inhales* WHY AIN'T HE SHOWING THOSE DAMN FEELINGS COME ON A LITTLE BLUSH FROM TAKERU WOULDN'T HURT DIRECTOR IT SEEMS MORE LIKE HIKARI LIKES HIM EVEN KOUMI IS MORE OBVIOUS *exhales*

    Well, they probably won't get a closure, there is still a lot open plot holes that need to be resolved first - sadly, and to pack everything into the last movie is simply impossible. They'll be left up to our own interpretations wether we think they ended up together or not (smth Japanese fans like, even tho they don't see it as shiptease). It's a little dreadful bc had high hopes once Tri was announced and the inner- kid inside of me wanted to heal her broken heart after 02 ending. I just wish for an interview where they answer questions regarding the epilogue and where it stands and if it still stands as Tri doesn’t really deal with anything relating to the epilogue (relationships, future careers etc).
    Last edited by Hikarix; 09-13-2017 at 08:05 AM.

  3. #743
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    464
    It seems pretty difficult that they can develop some kind of romance in Part 6 (in fact, I doubt they can develop all the story in this).

    However, if Part 6 is the last of Tri, it's always possible that they show a new Epilogue (with new couples) at the end.

    We have to wait and see


    Quote Originally Posted by Hikarix View Post
    Ohhhhh, now then *inhales* WHY AIN'T HE SHOWING THOSE DAMN FEELINGS COME ON A LITTLE BLUSH FROM TAKERU WOULDN'T HURT DIRECTOR IT SEEMS MORE LIKE HIKARI LIKES HIM EVEN KOUMI IS MORE OBVIOUS *exhales*
    Well, Takeru has a little blush in the beginning of Part 3 too, but the blush of Hikari was more obvious.

    However, you're right that these supposed romantic feelings of Takeru toward Hikari aren't pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Kon; 09-13-2017 at 09:09 AM.

  4. #744
    I'm going digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Age
    21
    Posts
    478
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Well, as has been mentioned before in this thread, according to that interview on jippy-kandi's Tumblr, Sorato is canon and Takari is not. Granted, that interview is pretty ancient, but assuming tri. adheres to such an obscure portion of the canon like gospel, it would be pretty funny if Takeru and Hikari dated for a while but things didn't work out in the end. Bonus points if Daisuke is involved in some way in said breakup. Of course, I don't really expect such a revelation to be made in tri. itself but in ancillary materials that will inadvertently follow tri.

  5. #745
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Well, as has been mentioned before in this thread, according to that interview on jippy-kandi's Tumblr, Sorato is canon and Takari is not. Granted, that interview is pretty ancient, but assuming tri. adheres to such an obscure portion of the canon like gospel, it would be pretty funny if Takeru and Hikari dated for a while but things didn't work out in the end. Bonus points if Daisuke is involved in some way in said breakup. Of course, I don't really expect such a revelation to be made in tri. itself but in ancillary materials that will inadvertently follow tri.
    The interview is not really necessary. It's clear that any couple that has not been hinted (like Takari, Koumi, Daikari, Joumi, between others) in the Epilogue was not canon for the old staff. The reason the interview only mentions Takari is because Seki Hiromi was specifically asked about the couple.

    It all depends on whether the Tri's staff is willing to add new couples in a new Epilogue or not. They have used shiptease for Takari and Koumi, but this is not really an indication that these couples will happen. The couples of Takari and Koumi could even happen at the end of Tri, but this does not mean that these couples last until the time of the Epilogue (I guess we will have to assume that these couples won't last, since the Epilogue didn't hint these couples).
    Last edited by Kon; 09-13-2017 at 11:17 AM.

  6. #746
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Well, as has been mentioned before in this thread, according to that interview on jippy-kandi's Tumblr, Sorato is canon and Takari is not. Granted, that interview is pretty ancient, but assuming tri. adheres to such an obscure portion of the canon like gospel, it would be pretty funny if Takeru and Hikari dated for a while but things didn't work out in the end. Bonus points if Daisuke is involved in some way in said breakup. Of course, I don't really expect such a revelation to be made in tri. itself but in ancillary materials that will inadvertently follow tri.
    Well the Director saying Takeru has feelings for Hikari and Hikari developing obvious feelings for him (the romantic back scene) they seem pretty canon to me - at least to a certain degree. Same with Koushiro's feelings for Mimi. But I guess it depends on and comes down to what we understand as canon and our western perspectives. As it seem to a lot of Japanese fans that there is serious, romantic development going on and no ship-tease, and they view certain scenes differtenly.


    You think we'll get more of Digimon after this?
    Last edited by Hikarix; 09-13-2017 at 10:38 AM.

  7. #747

  8. #748
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,121
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    That's hilarious. Good old nerd rage!
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  9. #749
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by prismblack91 View Post
    lol some ppl really have too much free time on their hands. They won't even be a thing and neither is there any romance btw them. So why are they wasting there time doing this? Seriously. On another note, if they had a proper build up and there was a romantic intesion behind them, I think they would actually been very cute together. Like that dude deserves a girl or guy too after Sora broke his heart in the Christmas ep.

  10. #750
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikarix View Post
    Ohhhhh, now then *inhales* WHY AIN'T HE SHOWING THOSE DAMN FEELINGS COME ON A LITTLE BLUSH FROM TAKERU WOULDN'T HURT DIRECTOR IT SEEMS MORE LIKE HIKARI LIKES HIM EVEN KOUMI IS MORE OBVIOUS *exhales*
    Well, Takeru has a little blush in the beginning of Part 3 too, but the blush of Hikari was more obvious.

    However, you're right that these supposed romantic feelings of Takeru toward Hikari aren't pretty obvious.
    Takeru's hints definitely have been more subtle, but since the campfire scene in Loss with the whole "my number one will always be you know who" line, I've felt like there definitely could be a chance Takeru may have admitted to Hikari he has feelings for her, and on further review, I feel like some of the teasing could sort of stem from that.Of course my full blown hope is that they've been secretly dating the whole time, but I know that won't be true. I just dream.

    Overall though, I'm not expecting any truly substantial conclusion to any of the ship teasing we've seen, since it's clearly not a focus of Tri overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by prismblack91 View Post
    The truly sad thing about this, is that they think it could make a difference. As though part 6 hasn't been written, and at least partially filmed, so they could get the petition filled 'in time to stop things'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •