With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Tri Shipping thread.

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    I have no opinion about, for, or against all of that: I just want Davis and Rina to hook up before/when Tri closes down.

I come from the net
    And I just made the MiMei joke because of how Mimiyako was a possible ship during 02. We all saw her first ep back right? The fancy dress dream sequence? Also I said TaiMei due to the horrible shipping war we had all those years ago. This way, we don't have to murder the hypotenuse, we just make it two lines instead of a triangle/square.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadhoom View Post
    I have no opinion about, for, or against all of that: I just want Davis and Rina to hook up before/when Tri closes down.
    I support this ship all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    This way, we don't have to murder the hypotenuse, we just make it two lines instead of a triangle/square.
    Best reasoning ever. Laughed so hard at that!

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    Best reasoning ever. Laughed so hard at that!
    Thank you. Who else here reads too much TVTropes.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hello im new to the forum and i was a long time old digimon fan but ever since the disappointing adventure 02 ending i haven't been that passionate with the fandom for a long time. But ever since tri got brought up i was even more bitter about it. Also in the recent years i found out the disappointing reason why taichi/sora never happened by a cross tag interview post on tumblr :/ and by the tv tropes page called strangled by the red string. Another thing i heard about the recent tri episodes i was not pleased to hear about a love triangle angle towards tai/sora/matt especially when they announced that tri will still have the 02 epilogue be canon. whats the point of a love triangle if tai is going to lose sora onto matt again? Tai deserves better...and meiko isn't one of them. Meiko just feels like shes just there. To me i think tri writers ether don't get what original digimon director intended or they don't agree with his intention and just make a love triangle up for the sake of baiting lost taiora fans. If thats the case then that is very cruel of them i was a young taiora fan at the time when adventure 01 was airing I and many of my classmates in my first grade class cried when it didn't happen in 02. Giving false hopes again is pointless. im not falling for the bait again... nor do i care for canon ships since ther barely doing any justice for it.

I don't know what you saw on tumblr, but sorato was always meant to be. The english dub made it seem that Taichi and SOra would end up together and that was wrong. The writers for the dub didn't realize that Matt and Sora were in fact going to be together. That was an error on their part. But there are hints in the Japanese version that Yamato and Sora grew really close to each other. It may not have been obvious, but subtle hints were there. I personally don't care for either ship, but felt like i needed to set the record straight on this one.. I hate it when people stumble on tings and take them as fact...

And there hadn't even been hinting at "love triangle drama." They hinted at the Taichi, Sora,Yamato relationship dynamic. But not love. They haven't even been showing shipping hints for sorato or taiora in tri. just teasing of Koumi and Takari.

As for Meiko.. It's pretty obvious at this point Taichi and Meiko aren't end game. They've barely interacted. The only ships with Meiko that have been teased is Meimi, MeiKeru, and MeiMato. Realistically, they won't show who Meiko will end up with. If they do another epilogue, like 5 years into the future. I doubt they'd show who Meiko is dating. Much less Meiko ending up with any of those three. As much as I would like Meimi to be canon...

They are probably not even going to show Jou and his "girlfriend". It's all just teasing.

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Junior Commander
    Have you watched tri. (rather than hearing about it) ? When did it portray a triangle or establish false hopes for Taichi/Sora? (Unless you still see all interactions between these two as hints for a romance?)
    And is the Sora/Yamato and Meiko/Taichi content in tri. So strong to make you feel uncomfortable?
    Listen, I sympathise with your feelings but if shipping has the power to turn you away from a fandom and still makes you so bitter after 15 years you need to work on that. First, Taichi And Sora were only friends but you aren't entitled to them happening if the people in charge didn't like it; conversely, canon can't stop you from shipping what you like, as the entire digimon fandom shows.
    the shipping content in tri. is truly minimal and the inexistent Taichi/Sora/Yamato love triangle has yet to be a factor in the story. Relax and enjoy the other 95% of the series.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarplumfairy View Post
    Have you watched tri. (rather than hearing about it) ? When did it portray a triangle or establish false hopes for Taichi/Sora? (Unless you still see all interactions between these two as hints for a romance?)
    And is the Sora/Yamato and Meiko/Taichi content in tri. So strong to make you feel uncomfortable?
    Listen,
    I sympathise with your feelings but if shipping has the power to turn you away from a fandom and still makes you so bitter after 15 years you need to work on that. First, Taichi And Sora were only friends but you aren't entitled to them happening if the people in charge didn't like it; conversely, canon can't stop you from shipping what you like, as the entire digimon fandom shows.
    the shipping content in tri. is truly minimal and the inexistent Taichi/Sora/Yamato love triangle has yet to be a factor in the story. Relax and enjoy the other 95% of the series.
    I did see some context that still has sora finds tai attractive in one screenshot that i saw in one of the tri episodes i think thats baiting taiora shippers. and the fact that there hardly giving sorato any strong chemistry or anything but subtly is what really bothers me. Thats making the same mistake that the original director made. I personality do not enjoy tri i watched the first tri and it didn't interest me it felt boring. Also the reason why i have a hard time shipping taiora these days is because of what the director said he makes it sound like you can't ship taiora because it falls into a cliche and you should hate it. He gives thats impression that you should hate overdone tropes and makes you feel bad for shipping it.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    I don't know what you saw on tumblr, but sorato was always meant to be. The english dub made it seem that Taichi and SOra would end up together and that was wrong. The writers for the dub didn't realize that Matt and Sora were in fact going to be together. That was an error on their part. But there are hints in the Japanese version that Yamato and Sora grew really close to each other. It may not have been obvious, but subtle hints were there. I personally don't care for either ship, but felt like i needed to set the record straight on this one.. I hate it when people stumble on tings and take them as fact...
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    Im aware that the dub writers played taiora and sorato had nothing but subtly to support the ship

And there hadn't even been hinting at "love triangle drama." They hinted at the Taichi, Sora,Yamato relationship dynamic. But not love. They haven't even been showing shipping hints for sorato or taiora in tri. just teasing of Koumi and Takari.

As for Meiko.. It's pretty obvious at this point Taichi and Meiko aren't end game. They've barely interacted. The only ships with Meiko that have been teased is Meimi, MeiKeru, and MeiMato. Realistically, they won't show who Meiko will end up with. If they do another epilogue, like 5 years into the future. I doubt they'd show who Meiko is dating. Much less Meiko ending up with any of those three. As much as I would like Meimi to be canon...

They are probably not even going to show Jou and his "girlfriend". It's all just teasing.
    Im aware that the dub writers up played taiora and sorato had nothing but subtly to support the ship And thats what disappointments me a ships needs more then just subtly. It angers me that taiora had more of that even if its just friendship. Not only that but i read that people who worked for the psp digimon adventure game also misinterpreted the sorato romance and made it into a love triangle and the fact that the tri writers may be doing the same thing but with no love triangles. The only thing they seem to be doing is not giving sorato any strong chemistry or romantic bond like it should be. The fact that the writers of the show don't seem to get the original directors intention is a very clear sign of bad writing.

The tumblr cross tag post i read was the original director explaining why didn't put taiora together.

Also for the love triangle post im sorry for misinterpretation.

Also tv tropes explains why sorato is strangled by the red string.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ByTheRedString
    Last edited by Ryuko567; 07-09-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Junior Commander
    So you're complaining about a series you haven't watched beyond the first episode, and using examples of 'baiting' and 'lack of chemistry' and 'bad writing' you derive from out of context screenshots on tumblr? Gotcha.

I'm sorry, but it's very hard to have a serious discussion under these circumstances.

Regarding what Kakudou said or did not say about the shipping decisions (and believe me, that you think anyone ever said you should "hate" a given ship is REACHING), I fail to see why it should affect your enjoyment of a ship you like and find compelling? Plenty of people continue to ship Taichi/Sora, Taichi/Yamato and others despite of what happened in canon. Death of the author, AUs?

It seems to me that your dilemma is that you dislike the canonical outcome while at the same time being unable to ship characters without the blessing of canon. Again, please don't take this as a personal attack, but maybe you could try to be more flexible because your antagonism this series based on shipping seems disproportional.

By the way: TV Tropes is written by fans and unsourced so it's content is subjective, debatable and often farfetched. You can use it to source your arguments, but it isn't more valid than yours or anyone else's interpretations of canon. I mean, the link you posted mentions at least two unproven fandom myths, namely that Kakudou had problems with co-writers and that ue didn't share information with his staff, sourcing it to other TV Tropes pages.
    Last edited by sugarplumfairy; 07-09-2017 at 01:22 PM.