With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Tri Shipping thread.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikarix View Post
    Well they did say: "Tai and Sora are classmates. High school is complicated period, so it's not like there are any official relationships going on. Furthermore, due to Meiko transferring-in, new relationships are being born, and honestly, I think that it shouldn't be very surprising to see changes between their relationships in any way shape or form in the near future." - when asked about the relationships between Taiora and Sorato. It kinda hints that there are no established relationships prior to the beginning of Tri (including Yamato and Sora) and that with Meiko it can change. And I felt in the first movie that Meiko has at least an interest in Tai if not a crush on him - and tbvh I just want him to move on wether it's Meiko or not. I am tired of the love triangle that had it's closure long ago. Yamato and Sora just irritate me, and not in the shipping kind of way (tho I did lean towards a given Taiora when I was little but I was more devastated by Takari not being a thing), like if they are already dating (which I highly doubt), how can he not know how to cheer his gf up after a lot of years passed? And how can Sora not chose btw him and Tai when asked who she finds attractive? Or why is Tai the one who protects her? It's just ??? Let Tai live.

In my case, I also suspect Sora and Yamato aren't a couple in Tri (they could have broken up in these three years after 02).

However, mi point is that Tri's staff wants to keep their relationship in an unknown state. If Tri's staff wanted to make it absolutely clear that Yamato and Sora aren't a couple, they would have just said it. Instead, they prefer to avoid the subject.

Regarding Taichi and Meiko, I don't see Meiko especially interested in Taichi in Sakai. However, I don't know staff's plans, so I can't assure that they do not plan to develop something romantic between these two characters.

Another thing, I am not interested in Sorato or Taiora, but it isn't strange that Taichi shows concern for Sora. They are close friends after all.
    Last edited by Kon; 03-14-2017 at 01:03 PM.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikarix View Post
    Well they did say: "Tai and Sora are classmates. High school is complicated period, so it's not like there are any official relationships going on. Furthermore, due to Meiko transferring-in, new relationships are being born, and honestly, I think that it shouldn't be very surprising to see changes between their relationships in any way shape or form in the near future." - when asked about the relationships between Taiora and Sorato. It kinda hints that there are no established relationships prior to the beginning of Tri (including Yamato and Sora) and that with Meiko it can change. And I felt in the first movie that Meiko has at least an interest in Tai if not a crush on him - and tbvh I just want him to move on wether it's Meiko or not. I am tired of the love triangle that had it's closure long ago. Yamato and Sora just irritate me, and not in the shipping kind of way (tho I did lean towards a given Taiora when I was little but I was more devastated by Takari not being a thing), like if they are already dating (which I highly doubt), how can he not know how to cheer his gf up after a lot of years passed? And how can Sora not chose btw him and Tai when asked who she finds attractive? Or why is Tai the one who protects her? It's just ??? Let Tai live.

In my case, I also suspect Sora and Yamato aren't a couple in Tri (they could have broken up in these three years after 02).

However, mi point is that Tri's staff wants to keep their relationship in an unknown state. If Tri's staff wanted to make it absolutely clear that Yamato and Sora aren't a couple, they would have just said it. Instead, they prefer to avoid the subject.

Regarding Taichi and Meiko, I don't see Meiko especially interested in Taichi in Sakai. However, I don't know staff's plans, so I can't assure that they do not plan to develop something romantic between these two characters.

Another thing, I am not interested in Sorato or Taiora, but it isn't strange that Taichi shows concern for Sora. They are close friends after all.
    Between Sora not being able to choose between Taichi and Yamato in Part 1, and Yamato not knowing how to cheer her up in Part 4, I think it's more than safe to say that they are not together right now. And it's not as though during 02 they were like, "Oh yeah, we're exclusive, committed, and madly in love." Given that they were in middle school at the time, it's easy to think that they just dated casually for a while. So I don't think the Tri writers are taking any liberties with what they've done, they were able to work within what ambiguity there was.

However, I do agree that if they really wanted to say if there were a couple or not, they would. My opinion is that they're trying to avoid upsetting both sets of fans, by not making things obvious in either direction. Whatever the reason though, it was the right one, because the character and story development has gone very well, something that a love-triangle fight would have greatly tarnished.

I come from the net
    I think I said before that I'd be ok with Tai/Mei. That is, if Mimi will let her go from being the OT3 with Miyako and her. heh heh Why not. Unless something happens later. ...Uh oh. Now I may be worried about Meiko.

I'll admit TaiMei seemed possible at the start just because of that weird stare Taichi did. But since Saikai, I really haven't seen much shipping. In fact, I'm surprised Meiko hasn't interacted with Taichi that much more. He's asked if she was all right in Confession and agrees they all should look for Meicoomon for her sake in Loss, but that's been it.

The most likely people she can be shipped with are Takeru and Mimi. Takeru more or less relates to Meiko because he sees the old him in her.(I think.) He's always chatting with her, even encouraged her in Confession. Showed concern(?) for her in Loss saying she probably wouldn't fair well in the DW. Which she can as we find out since she played in the woods all the time as a kid...

We saw Mimi kiss Meiko in Confession, which was really cute and always sticking up for her. I really like the Meimi pairing. MeiKeru is cute, but they are still three years a part and that irks me a bit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Yamato and Meiko is another ship possibility. I don't ship it, but he was the first to stick up for her in terms of she is one of the Chosen and should go after Meicoomon for her sake. Plus he was the one save her from herself. ^^;; Meiko was a little reckless at least twice.
    Last edited by NekoHaruko; 03-15-2017 at 07:28 PM.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoHaruko View Post
    I'll admit TaiMei seemed possible at the start just because of that weird stare Taichi did. But since Saikai, I really haven't seen much shipping. In fact, I'm surprised Meiko hasn't interacted with Taichi that much more. He's asked if she was all right in Confession and agrees they all should look for Meicoomon for her sake in Loss, but that's been it.

The most likely people she can be shipped with are Takeru and Mimi. Takeru more or less relates to Meiko because he sees the old him in her.(I think.) He's always chatting with her, even encouraged her in Confession. Showed concern(?) for her in Loss saying she probably wouldn't fair well in the DW. Which she can as we find out since she played in the woods all the time as a kid...

We saw Mimi kiss Meiko in Confession, which was really cute and always sticking up for her. I really like the Meimi pairing. MeiKeru is cute, but they are still three years a part and that irks me a bit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Yamato and Meiko is another ship possibility. I don't ship it, but he was the first to stick up for her in terms of she is one of the Chosen and should go after Meicoomon for her sake. Plus he was the one save her from herself. ^^;; Meiko was a little reckless at least twice.
    There was always a small part of me that they were going to pair Takeru and Meiko together, but that's mainly because I'm a Takari fan. However, I did like that they had a lot of interaction between the two, because I think it subverted everyone's expectations. Being older, it would have been easy to just have Meiko develop with Taichi, Mimi, Sora, etc., but bringing in Takeru changed the dynamics with both of them. We also get to see a different side of how Takeru interacts with women other than Hikari, now that he's a little older. Which is nice character development for him, and is obviously the source of some of the teasing sent his way via Hikari.

If Mimi wasn't straight, I think Meimi would be great. As it is, I would have no problem if it turned out Meiko is a lesbian, because with 12, now 13, main characters (including the 02 kids) I find it hard to believe that none of them would be gay.

My biggest thing is that they don't just pair of Meiko with anyone for the sake of it. Whether it's Taichi, Mimi, Takeru, or anyone else, if they're going to have Meiko be with someone, they need to have a bit of a build up between them. It would be kinda BS if they continued on this track, then added at the end or in an epilogue, "Oh, and BTW, Meiko and Taichi got married." To me, it would basically say they only created her so someone could have her paired with them.

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    If Mimi wasn't straight
    Where do you take this from?
    There is no conclusive evidence - in universe or word of god - saying that Mimi is straight. Sure, she has a kid in the end, but hey, you do not have to be straight to have a kid (especially considering that those kids were obviously clones of their parents :P). She could be bisexual, she could be pansexual, heck, for all we know she could be a lesbian that got herself pregnant in one way or another. Or, you know, in a world of hologram doors actually had gotten a kid from the laboratory. And yes, sure, Kakudou kept talking up Koumi a lot (which I still think is the worst possible pairing with Mimi), but even that does not make Mimi straight, as it does not rule out her being bi or pan or even a lesbian, who happens to fall in love with this one guy (aka being not quite on the very end of the Kinsey scale).

Personally - from her interactions with other characters - I prefer to see Mimi as a bisexual with a stronger leaning towards other girls, as she has quite a few interactions with the other female characters, well, at least Sora, Miyako and now Meiko, that can easily seen as being in romantic intent. One might argue, there are actually way more of those scenes then her acting similiar around males (heck, before tri. I can only think of one scene like that).

And yeah, sure, Digimon being a japanese, heteronormative kids show, at least the production department probably never considered to think further into what if not hetero those characters could be - but within the show there is not any evidence for either really. After all, as many have pointed out, this is not what Digimon is about. Yet, when you look at the ship baiting on its own merrit, no matter of what you think of it, you really cannot deny that there has been Mimi/Miyako shipbaiting in 02, as well as quite a bit of Mimi/Meiko shipbaiting in tri. so far. I actually do agree with NekoHaruko there, that just from what the show is doing so far, Mimi/Meiko is probably the one Meiko pairing with the most interactions - even though I personally keep with Mimi/Miyako and be it just because I really cannot stand Meiko.

Though, as others have said: I don't see - just from a writing perspective - how a lack of interactions does equal "it certainly not being a pairing". As some have pointed out: Yamato and Sora basically did not interact that much over the course of two seasons, before they ended up together. So... Yeah, does not mean anything. I personally still could see it happening - even though I don't like it. But for once there has been a bit of promo material that could be seen that way and for the other fact: Considering the number of fanfiction stereotypes Meiko is checking of so far, ending up in a romantic relationship with the main protagonist is most certainly the one she so far is missing.

Oh, by the way. Why do some people state, that Yamato and Sora are said/shown to be married in the epilogue? I mean, I am aware that some of the guide books actually state it that way, but just judging by the show, it just shows, that they have to kids together. Again: Yeah, japanese kids show, of course they are probably supposed to be married. But technically: We are never told or shown this. For all we know, they both could just have those two kids extramarital in some way or could be divorced. *shrugs*

I'm going digital
    My biggest thing is that they don't just pair of Meiko with anyone for the sake of it. Whether it's Taichi, Mimi, Takeru, or anyone else, if they're going to have Meiko be with someone, they need to have a bit of a build up between them. It would be kinda BS if they continued on this track, then added at the end or in an epilogue, "Oh, and BTW, Meiko and Taichi got married." To me, it would basically say they only created her so someone could have her paired with them.
    To be fair, Meiko has had her own character development and a lot of screentime (to the point that people complain that she "stoles" screen time from the protagonists).

So even if Taichi was Meiko's future husband and they don't have more build up as a couple (although there are still time for more interaction), I couldn't said that Meiko was created only as a romantic interest.

Quote Originally Posted by KaenKazui View Post
    There is no conclusive evidence - in universe or word of god - saying that Mimi is straight. Sure, she has a kid in the end, but hey, you do not have to be straight to have a kid (especially considering that those kids were obviously clones of their parents :P). She could be bisexual, she could be pansexual, heck, for all we know she could be a lesbian that got herself pregnant in one way or another. Or, you know, in a world of hologram doors actually had gotten a kid from the laboratory. And yes, sure, Kakudou kept talking up Koumi a lot (which I still think is the worst possible pairing with Mimi), but even that does not make Mimi straight, as it does not rule out her being bi or pan or even a lesbian, who happens to fall in love with this one guy (aka being not quite on the very end of the Kinsey scale).
    One question, when Kakudou speaks about Koumi?

I don't remember an interview where Kaludou speaks about Koumi.
    Last edited by Kon; 03-16-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    One question, when Kakudou speaks about Koumi?

I don't remember an interview where Kaludou speaks about Koumi.
    Well, from what I know he had stated several times, that there were three canon pairings planned for Adventure: Sorato, Koumi and Takari. Those were supposed to be canon in the epilogue, that was first planned for Adventure or something.

As I said several times before: I am not quite sure, whether I am inclined to believe him there (especially considering that Sora and Yamato barely interacted at all in Adventure and while I guess I see, where the other two pairings come from... Well, one would think that if they had planned to make a pairing canon, they would have make the characters interact, right?). Be it a case of muddled memory, a case of him not clearly communicating his ideas with the actual writing team or him just making stuff up. But, oh well. He at least has stated a couple of time, that those three were supposed to be canon.

I'm going digital
    Well, from what I know he had stated several times, that there were three canon pairings planned for Adventure: Sorato, Koumi and Takari. Those were supposed to be canon in the epilogue, that was first planned for Adventure or something.
    About Koumi and Takari being planned at the beginnig or canon, that was just a rumor never confirmed (and surely false). There is not any interview where Kakudou mentioned this.

However, Sorato being planned from the beginning seems true. There are interviews where this is mentioned.

As I said several times before: I am not quite sure, whether I am inclined to believe him there (especially considering that Sora and Yamato barely interacted at all in Adventure and while I guess I see, where the other two pairings come from... Well, one would think that if they had planned to make a pairing canon, they would have make the characters interact, right?). Be it a case of muddled memory, a case of him not clearly communicating his ideas with the actual writing team or him just making stuff up. But, oh well. He at least has stated a couple of time, that those three were supposed to be canon.
    It seems that the staff of Adventure was not really interested in romance.

They just make Sorato canon because they want something different from the conventional (Taiora would be the conventional main male and main female becoming a couple).
    Last edited by Kon; 03-16-2017 at 04:44 AM.

I'm a Maniac
    If Mimi wasn't straight
    There is no conclusive evidence - in universe or word of god - saying that Mimi is straight.
    Yet, when you look at the ship baiting on its own merrit, no matter of what you think of it, you really cannot deny that there has been Mimi/Miyako shipbaiting in 02, as well as quite a bit of Mimi/Meiko shipbaiting in tri. so far. I actually do agree with NekoHaruko there, that just from what the show is doing so far, Mimi/Meiko is probably the one Meiko pairing with the most interactions - even though I personally keep with Mimi/Miyako and be it just because I really cannot stand Meiko.
    Though, as others have said: I don't see - just from a writing perspective - how a lack of interactions does equal "it certainly not being a pairing". As some have pointed out: Yamato and Sora basically did not interact that much over the course of two seasons, before they ended up together. So... Yeah, does not mean anything. I personally still could see it happening - even though I don't like it.

Oh, by the way. Why do some people state, that Yamato and Sora are said/shown to be married in the epilogue? I mean, I am aware that some of the guide books actually state it that way, but just judging by the show, it just shows, that they have to kids together. Again: Yeah, japanese kids show, of course they are probably supposed to be married. But technically: We are never told or shown this. For all we know, they both could just have those two kids extramarital in some way or could be divorced. *shrugs*
    Where do I take it from? What's actually been presented in the show. True, there is no 100% proof of her sexuality, but she has a child in the epilogue and there are never any dialogue hints to point that she is attracted to women, while there are some that point her being attracted to men. Everything else is just speculation and belief, which is great to have, but you they refute the actual facts/events that have been presented.

Shipbaiting/teasing is all what we interpret it as ourselves. Some people don't see Takeru and Hikari's interactions as anything other than friendly while others believe it means they are soulmates. None of it is right, and none of it is wrong until they explicitly come out and say so. But again, it's hard to look at a piece of hard evidence and refute it, but you can. Just because Ken and Miyako are married, doesn't mean one or both of them are straight, but with all information present, the evidence points to that they are.

And you're right, a lack of interactions doesn't inherently mean anything, other than it's harder for some people to find reasons for them to ship a couple together. Meiko and Hikari have barely interacted so far (if my memory serves) but some people probably still ship them. It's all what people choose to see. I just think in terms of what it means for story, is that somethings can come out of no where, and it can sometimes be poor writing.

In terms of Yamato and Sora, again you're right, they could be divorced or whatever. But I think if it were supposed to be a relevant factor, it would have been mentioned. But since they didn't it's just an easy assumption to make that they are married. But of course, who knows.

To be fair, Meiko has had her own character development and a lot of screentime (to the point that people complain that she "stoles" screen time from the protagonists).

So even if Taichi was Meiko's future husband and they don't have more build up as a couple (although there are still time for more interaction), I couldn't said that Meiko was created only as a romantic interest.
    She has had a lot of character development, for which I am grateful, because introducing her, then focusing on the other eight would have made her almost redundant. But I also don't think it would have been too hard to have almost the exact same story without her in it at all. Just have some random runaway digimon causing the infection. I mean, it could even be Meicoomon, but no Meiko.

I would just rather not have her paired off at all, then have her paired off in a poor manner. That was my larger point I suppose.