With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lonely

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Providing links is fine.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Add Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Thank you so much!! I will check that out after my Drs. appointment

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Add Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    You are welcome. It has been a long time since the last time I logged in there. Might visit them again.
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Add DazzleDream on Steam
    Hey there, I just wanted to add some extra words of support as another person with few friends. In my case it was down to bullying as a child which left me extremely shy, and I also find it difficult to know what to say to people unless I know them well.
    I know its been mentioned, and I would really second the idea of looking for local groups or clubs as they are a good way to meet people. It doesn't even have to be anything really official; I have been able to make a few friends just from joining some of the others in my office in a small syndicate. (We really focus on in jokes and weekly songs though-the lottery is only a small part for us.) If there is anything that catches your interest, I'd really suggest giving it a try.

Other than that are there any new activities you might like to try? When I've been lonely or depressed, I've found trying new things I've considered before can really lift my mood. Its something that's actually helping me a lot at the moment as I'm recovering from some really bad anxiety issues I had over the Summer. Even if its just a branch off of one of your existing hobbies, it can have very positive results, and could potentially help you meet others as well.

Other than that, I'm always happy to listen as well. Sorry if this seemed strange coming from someone new-I'm no real expert, but felt like I should offer some words of encouragement.

I am on the autism spectrum too. I have a lot of the same issues as you do. I can even relate to how you feel about without direction you find it hard to watch new things. I haven't listened to any new bands or music in years besides videogame and movie osts because I always relied on other people to be exposed to things. You don't need to be paranoid about how you sound, because if you know how to be polite you're automatically being socially appropriate I think. At least, from what you've written it sounds like you understand more than you realize. I'm sorry I can't write more but it's late here. I might write more about autism or something in a thread here myself since things have been going really badly for me too.

Junior Commander
    DazzleDream: Thank you! I really should try harder to get involved with things, it's just hard to put myself out there, but I really need to, or else nothing will change. (I am recovering from foot surgery atm though so I can't do anything about it atm.)

flintlock: Thank you! I am sorry that you have to deal with the same things I do. I would love to talk to you, if you ever want an ear, or a friend.

I wish I knew what you were going through; I know blocks of text aren't 100% effective at conveying emotions. I am very sorry to hear about all your pain though. I'm not on the spectrum but I do struggle with my own mental health incapacities and it's no walk in the park. I get that a lot of people don't get it. And I do get that it totally sucks.

In the way of other anime recommendations, I'm watching Gurren Lagann and I really like it so far. I'm on episode 15/27 -- over just one day. Oops. -- and it's quite good. I'm pretty reluctant to try new animes too because I'm just worried I hold other animes to too high a standard because nothing can compare to Digimon in my mind but this is one I recommend. My brother persisted I watch this and I gave in. I don't regret it.

I hope that helps, but I totally get it if not. As said by a lot of different people in a lot of different ways above me, I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Junior Commander
    Thank you, they really do help though. I'm sorry about your issues. If you ever need/want to talk, I'm here, or if you want a friend.

I looked up GL, and it looks really good! I'm going to give it a try, thank you!

I was just dropping a post to see how yah doing. I only recently joined up on , mostly to fart around and post anything new I'm trying to write. I came across this thread and I feel like you do at times. I'm pretty much the same way socially with people. I'm an awkward guy, most of the time I just stand around and listen to conversations and may try to add something in, but I feel like I'm just being in the way. It also doesn't seem to help that really I can stand interaction with people for so long. I mean I used to go out with the few friends I have, but after a while I'd want to just go home despite them wanting me to stay out longer.

I'm 33 myself and I find myself not really getting into anything new, Imusic, movies, games etc. I obsess like you one something, now I'm back into Tamers so that's what I'm going crazy over till I run out of interest or steam. Heck I'm still playing Skyrim, and haven't gotten a new game in years. But I hope your doing ok, this thread is a year old so. here's hoping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12