With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was Takato's Dukemon a Royal Knight?

Update: I've looked at a few other profiles. Beelzemon's profile specifically talks about Impmon selling its soul to become Beelzemon, so this appears to be character-specific.

We are still discussing this in other forums.
    I read all official profiles from the page. Impmon and Beelzebumon profiles make match with series events. But Dukemon is still not matching. I don't think that if Beelzebumon profile talks about character, then Dukemon does it. In all series, we saw how guilmon and evolutions born in that digital world as first. He never interacts with other digimon or groups to affiliate Royal Knight. I think in specific that Dukemon from tamers is not a royal knight.... yet.

Red shirt
    Here's something to consider.

Takato designed Guilmon as an OC Donutsteel.

He's like Agumon, but bigger, better, and badass. A Virus-type, with an extremely powerful fireball attack, that's like, totally way stronger than Agumon's, you guise.

If Takato's Dukemon is identified as a Royal Knight, I'm inclined to believe that Takato intentionally made him so. I mean, you see how Takato idolises goggleboys. If the other goggle-headed protagonists get Royal Knights, Takato, who considers himself a protagonist, is definitely gonna design his OC as a Royal Knight.

I come from the net
    That would make a lot of sense. And it's also pretty funny because that's what actually happens with fans.

I'm more concerned about the dukemon that shows up in frontier, a season that does have the royal knights in it and those royal knights don't include dukemon despite a dukemon showing up as a character earlier on

Quote Originally Posted by humon View Post
    If Takato's Dukemon is identified as a Royal Knight, I'm inclined to believe that Takato intentionally made him so. I mean, you see how Takato idolises goggleboys. If the other goggle-headed protagonists get Royal Knights, Takato, who considers himself a protagonist, is definitely gonna design his OC as a Royal Knight.
    There are two problems with that: First off, I don't think Takato actually designed any of the two Ultimate forms himself. Secondly The royal knights existing at all or more specifically Magnamon and Omegamon actually being members wasn't revealed until kind of late into 2001. So Takato would have needed to be aware of information that wasn't released when tamers started airing nor when it was supposed to be taking place.
    Last edited by Theigno; 08-12-2017 at 07:33 PM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

The Royal Knights are a group. There are no other Royal Knights in Tamers, and nobody in-show appointed him a Royal Knight, at least by the end of the show. Therefore, he isn't a Royal Knight, though for all we know the Holy Beasts declared him one post-Tamers or he got recruited.

Similarly, the Dukemon in Frontier probably isn't a Royal Knight, just a random Dukemon who was not a member.

There's no Royal Knights organization in the Tamers world, so no. Any idea to the contrary is fanonical speculation.

Though the Takato-designed-him-to-be-one theory is actually pretty fun, neither of Gilmon's Mega forms were intentionally designed, and furthermore the Matrix forms are treated as unique in-universe, so the idea that Dukemon was born pre-packaged with membership status doesn't fly.

The one thing that bothered me when I learned that Dukemon was a Royal Knight was "why him?"

It's because of his strength that made wonder if Dukemon was even qualified for this. I never considered Tamers' Dukemon and Savers' Dukemon as the same being, especially with that height difference, so I just assumed that the giant Dukemon was simply much stronger.

However, that thought of mine was entirely based on the hypothesis that all initial Ultimate forms of the protagonists have the exact same strength. But there's confirmation that it's true, and I don't count Xros Wars. But there is no evidence of Takato's Dukemon being as strong as Taichi's WarGreymon. The only Ultimate enemies were Beelzebumon and Zhuquemon, the latter being obviously more powerful than regular Ultimates. With all the data Beelzebumon consumed, he was likely also more powerful than normal. And there is no big evidence that the other four Tamers' Ultimate Partners were as strong as Dukemon. So it's reasonsble to assume that Takato's Dukemon could be as strong as the Royal Knight one.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinAkuma View Post
    I never considered Tamers' Dukemon and Savers' Dukemon as the same being, especially with that height difference, so I just assumed that the giant Dukemon was simply much stronger.
    Height isn't really an indicator of strength in Digimon. And I mean... even if the bigger Dukemon was twice as though as the small Dukemon in terms of defense, if because of his size attacks can hit him twice as easily that basically balances things out again. Bigger size-> bigger target, that's common sense.
    And it's not like being a Royal Knight has anything to do with their size... the RK Dukemon in Savers might have been big but the RK Dukemon in X-Evolution was the small variation.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinAkuma View Post
    However, that thought of mine was entirely based on the hypothesis that all initial Ultimate forms of the protagonists have the exact same strength. But there's confirmation that it's true, and I don't count Xros Wars. But there is no evidence of Takato's Dukemon being as strong as Taichi's WarGreymon. The only Ultimate enemies were Beelzebumon and Zhuquemon, the latter being obviously more powerful than regular Ultimates. With all the data Beelzebumon consumed, he was likely also more powerful than normal. And there is no big evidence that the other four Tamers' Ultimate Partners were as strong as Dukemon. So it's reasonsble to assume that Takato's Dukemon could be as strong as the Royal Knight one.
    Wait, did you just basically admit that you don't have evidence to support any comparisons and then proceed to draw a conclusion for which you also don't have proof?
    Why would in this case one hypothesis be any more reasonable than the other?
    The only "support" you give for the assumption that Dukemon is stronger than normal Ultimates is that he faced Beelzebumon and Zhuqiaomon... both of these fights don't really work for what you are trying to prove. Firstly, Beelzebumon almost won that fight and Dukemon was only able to counterattack and gain the upper hand again because Guardromon gave him an opening with his missiles. It doesn't really work to attribute a result to Dukemon's strength that was influenced by factors other than Dukemon's strength.
    Secondly Dukemon going up against Zhuqiaomon proves nothing because his attacks didn't really have any effect on his opponent and Qinglongmon interrupted the fight before it could continue.
    Seeing as in the previous episode Zhuqiaomon fought with SaintGalgomon, whose attacks arguably had more of an impact on him than Dukemon's (but Ultimately also weren't enough to actually defeat him), I don't know where the assumption that Dukemon could be very much stronger than his peers could gain much evidence from, since even in the most favorable interpretation we have him and SaintGalgomon fighting the same enemy... and neither of them win.

...also, don't call me Igno.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast