With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Fusion Episode 54: Final Fusion! The Fight for Earth - (Fusion Finale)

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Fusion Episode 54: Final Fusion! The Fight for Earth - (Fusion Finale)

Episode thread for Episode 54 of Digimon Fusion

16th August - USA

No spoilers past this episode

CyberDracomon (an advert was blocking the bottom of my screen - but that's how Christoper says it).

Golem Jiji Tortomon
    Special attack: Tail Thrust Booster

Pawn Gaossmon (Not captioned, but Ewan says it)

Knightmon Wise-Sword Mode
    Special attack: Wise Sword

BalliBeastmon
    Special attack: Seismic Speaker

Lillymon
    Special attack: Flower Cannon

Monimon
    Special attack: Toppa (Yes, "Toppa").

Cutemon
    Special attack: Super-Sonic Wave

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode (Sadly it's final attack against MegaDarkness Bagramon is neither named or captioned).

Acid Fog Cyclone (Dorulumon gives this name to ​MegaDarkness Bagramon's attack, not sure if that's it's actual name).

------ DigiCards/DigiMemories

Examon
    Special attack: Avalon's Gate

WarGreymon
    Special attack: Terra Force

Omnimon
    Special attack: Omni Blast

------ Digimon Data Collection

Troopmon
    Special attack: Dark March

I come from the net
    So here's a wild thought. Since they didn't say Infinity but Superior Mode do you think that means we're getting part 3 with the Young Hunters or did we hear about this yet?

Digicards, oddly enough are referred to as Digimemories as they were in the original Japanese version.

Kiriha mispronuncing Zenjirou as Gengoro, was changed to Christopher calling Jeremy, Jared.

The music that played during the final battle and the Final Fusion, was the most generic background music they could find. I was expecting the normal Digimon Fusion theme song guitar riff, that usually plays when there's a Digi-Fuse. That music was just flat out boring, had no feeling to it whatsoever.

The Troopmon's guns weren't painted blue this time.

No preview of Hunters at the end of the episode, was given.

I haven't heard anything regarding Season 3. Some people seem to think that it's coming in 2016 - but I don't think there's any official news yet.

I have to say that I enjoyed Season 2 up until the mid-season break. It seemed so unnecessary to remove the show for three months, it really killed it for me. Started to feel like a chore watching it and the ending felt really anticlimactic.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    There is no official news on a hunters dub.

Originally, both Examon and WarGreymon told the backstory of Bagramon's D5 plan, while here, only Examon tells it despite there being a shot of Akari staring at WarGreymon's DigiMemory. In the original, she was listening to him tell his part of the story, but since WarGreymon is silent in this version, Angie's staring at WarGreymon's Digicard like an animal begging for food.

None of the Troopmon guns are recolored as glowing orange in this episode. They're all left unedited as silver.

The DigiMemories are referred to as "DigiMemories" in this episode instead of as Digicards.

The flashback shot of Tactimon being impaled to death (a shot that was cut out in all previous instances that his death came up in) is NOT cut out.

Kiriha mistakenly calling Zenjirou as "Gengorou" is changed to Christopher mistakenly (or did he do it on purpose?) calling Jeremy as "Jared".

Yuu: "I'm sorry... The world got into this mess because of me..."
    Nene: "Yuu..."
    Akari: "Yuu? You mean, Nene's little brother?"
    Zenjirou: "Ooohoho! Nene-san's brother!"
    Taiki: "Yuu, it's not your fault. You were tricked by DarkKnightmon!"
    Yuu: "But..."
    Taiki: "This isn't over yet. You've got us! And you've got your friends!"
    Yuu: "I don't have any friends anymore! Damemon died because of me!"
    Taiki: "Yuu, I'm sure Damemon is waiting for you."
    Yuu: "Damemon is waiting?"
    Taiki: "Digimon don't die. Even if they've died once, they can be brought back to life as long as their data remains. If we can revive him with the Code Crown that Bagramon has, I'm sure he'll come back!"
    Yuu: "But the Code Crown's turned into the Dark Stone... Will it turn back?"
    Taiki: "Don't give up! You have to fight, Yuu! As long as there's a possibility! To take back what's important to us... To protect those who are important to us... That's why we've fought."
    Yuu: "But I..."
    Taiki: "You can do it. No, you're the only one who can."
    Yuu: "The Darkness Loader!"
    Taiki: "Fight alongside us as a General!"
    Kiriha: "Yuu!"
    Yuu: "Kiriha-san..."
    Kiriha: "You aren't alone."
    Nene: "Yuu!"
    Zenjirou: "Let's do it!"
    Akari: "Yuu-kun!"
    Taiki: "Yuu!"
    Examon: "The magnificent color of determination!"
    WarGreymon: "Excellent, Yuu. Also, you are all magnificent for bringing out that determination in him!"
    Nene: "Yuu!"
    Yuu: "I-I'm okay."
    Examon: "All right! We'll revive Omegamon!"
    WarGreymon: "Taiki, we entrust the rest of the DigiMemories to you!"

Ewan: "It's all my fault! This is all my fault. I'm the reason why this all happened!"
    Nene: "You're wrong, Ewan."
    Angie: "Ahh, poor guy. He's beating himself up."
    Jeremy: "Hey! I'll cheer your brother up! I'll tell jokes or do a dance number; I'll do anything for you, Nene!"
    Mikey: "Look, Ewan, you've gotta stop thinking like this. All these problems are because of the bad guys, not you."
    Ewan: "Stop lying!"
    Mikey: "You've gotta believe it, Ewan, cuz the fight's not over yet. And all of your friends need you now more than ever!"
    Ewan: "Don't you get it?! I don't have any friends! Damemon... disintegrated thanks to me."
    Mikey: "Listen, there may be a way to bring him back."
    Ewan: "Huh? Tell me how."
    Mikey: "It's called Regeneration. The Code Crown has the ability to reassemble and revive most deleted digimon. So we'll be able to reassemble all the friends we've lost and stop D5 once we get the Code Crown back from Megadarkness Bagramon."
    Ewan: "But he made it the Dark Stone and it's inside of him now. I don't think we stand a chance."
    Mikey: "Well, I'm gonna prove you wrong! We have to keep fighting! As long as we don that there's always a chance! We're going to get out of this place, and somehow stop the Dark Stone from working and save everybody!"
    Ewan: "But I... How can I...?"
    Mikey: "I know you can help us! And I've got something here that can help you!"
    Ewan: "The Darkness Loader!"
    Mikey: "Don't you want it back? I thought you were a General."
    Christopher: "Mikey's right, kid. You should join us."
    Ewan: "D-Do you really think so, Christopher?!"
    Christopher: "I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it."
    Angie: "We should get going."
    Jeremy: "Yeah! Let's bounce!"
    Angie: "Up you go."
    Mikey: "You're the only one who can use this now, Ewan. Take it. It's yours."
    Examon: "Excellent. By place your confidence in Ewan you brought out the determination in him. That positive energy just transformed the Darkness Loader into a force for good."
    Ewan: "Thanks. I'm okay."
    Examon: "WarGreymon, this means we can now revive Omnimon."
    WarGreymon: "Not only him, all of them! Mikey, you have at your disposal all of these other DigiMemories! I present to you, the Order of Knights!"

Earlier in the above conversation, a shot is cut out of Yuu looking up at Kiriha, who is in front of him, with Mikey next to Kiriha, and the two girls behind Yuu.

Also, when the Darkness Loader changes into Yuu's yellow Xros Loader, anther purple "Ewan Amano" caption appears, when then flashes and changes into a yellow-colored caption.

Omegamon's DigiMemory has his name and "Grey Sword" attack translated as "OMNIMON" and "Omni Blast", respectively.

Originally, when Xros Heart arrived on Earth, Omegamon was talking to Taiki about a plan that Taiki had told him about prior to their arrival, and asked Taiki if he was sure that he'd want to go through with this plan since Taiki would be jumping into incredible danger, while in the dub, Omnimon is instead reminding Mikey that the Knights will join him in this battle, and that while there is a chance for victory, the battle is to be a dangerous one with no guarantee of victory. Thus, Taiki's reassuring Omegamon that he wants to go through with his plan to save Shoutmon is instead changed to Mikey wanting to join in the coming battle regardless of the danger since he wants to honor Shoutmon's sacrifice.

The "Hottokenai!" moment from everyone else is faithfully dubbed as "Turn my back on him!" (Mikey had said "And so, I just can't--" right before) However, while, this is faithful, because Mikey almost never said this phrase at any point in all of seasons 1-2 of the Fusion dub (he might have only said it two or three times total), Christopher's line of "I guess we've all heard you say that a few times before," feels less funny for those dub-only viewers who know nothing of the original since it isn't true for this version.

When Ewan says, "Yeah! Now it's on for real!", the shot originally zoomed out to a big group shot of all of his Reloaded digimon cheering with him, but this zoom out is cut out all because of Bastemon (whose chest was just recently censored in a previous shot seen less than a second ago).

"Heartbreak Shot" is changed to "I've got those, Christopher!"

Right after the "Heartbreak Shot" attack is used, all shots of Mervamon flying into view, flying around, and using "Spicy Hard Love", are cut out, going instead from the beams of the "Heartbreak Shot" destroying the Pteranomon missiles to ZeekGreymon flying over the Mammon.

Mammon is renamed Mammothmon.

The unnamed DigiXros between Cyberdramon and Dracomon is renamed "Cyberdracomon"

GolemJijiKamemon is renamed "Golem Jiji Tortomon" (yes, with two spaces)

PawnGaossmons is renamed "PawnGaossmon", but no caption is given, so this spelling is just a guess.

Knightmon Wise Sword Mode is captioned as "Knightmon Wise-Sword Mode"

The shot of Minotarumon walking with the Troopmons is cut out.

Knightmon: "Now you DUMB invaders will learn what it feels like to get hit with a SMART bomb!"

"Wise Sword" is kept.

GolemJijiKamemon's tail-based fart that he uses to propel himself into the enemies is given an attack caption and named "Tail Thrust Booster"

GolemJijiKamemon originally spoke with a deeper version of ChibiKamemon's voice, but now Golem Jiji Tortomon speaks with Jijimon's voice.

BalleBastemon's "Ultimate Speaker" is renamed "Seismic Speaker" (the dub name of "Heavy Speaker")

"Flow' Cannon" is both kept and changed to "Flower Cannon". Her attack caption reads "Flower Cannon" but she definitely speaks "Flow' Cannon".

Just as Mikey, Angie, and Cutemon enter Bagramon's chest, new dialogue from Bagramon is added to the scene: "What is this?! AaaAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

The shot of all the DigiMemories held in Taiki's hands as they all fade to black inside the Dark Stone is edited to remove all of their names and attack names, leaving the blue areas above and below the image on each DigiMemory completely blank.

The projection of Lord Bagra inside the Code Crown speaks with Megadarkness Bagramon's terrible caveman voice instead of Bagra's less awful voice.

An additional close up shot of Lord Bagra is added in right after Mikey says "No way!", so as to let Bagra say "You cling to hope where there is none!"

The shot of Dorulumon running and shooting drills with Revolmon riding on him and shooting form his chest gun is cut out.

"Xros Open" is renamed "Digi-Diffuse" (one its several dub names)

"Death Divider" is unnamed and unidentified as even being an attack.

"Bakusuiryū" is changed to the two Hi-VisionMonitamon to just saying "Excuse me! Pardon me! Excuse me! Pardon me!"

Monimon keeps its name.

"Toppa" is kept.

Dorulumon saying that the fire from DarknessBagramon's attack isn't really fire but is instead a fearsomely strong power than erases data, is changed to him saying that it's a fog made of acid that breaks down data.

Cutemon crying out Dorulumon's name is changed to him yelling "I won't let it happen!" a though he could hear Dorulumon say what he just said about the fog made of acid despite Cutemon be miles away and inside the Dark Stone.

"Supersonic Wave" is captioned as "Super Sonic Wave"

After trying and failing to stab Bagramon, the shot of Akari flying back and landing on her head is cut out, going her failed stabbing attempt to her already being on the ground with Cutemon running to her.

Just as Mikey is about to be blasted by Bagramon, an inner monologue is added to have him think "This can't be it... I failed... I failed all my friends..." And Taiki's original line of "Shoutmon..." is changed to "Sorry, Shoutmon..."

Shoutmon saying that the Code Crow has chosen Taiki is changed to him saying that Digital World has chosen its own future, and which does not include Bagra.

The shot of Dorulumon turning around to join Ballistamon and Starmon, and being joined by Revolmon and the Pickmons, is cut off right after Dorulumon turns around, removing Revolmon and the Pickmons joining in.

Dorulumon refers to the big cyclone of fire as "that big acid fog cyclone".

The shot of Akari and Cutemon looking at cheering at the Xros Heart victory on the screen inside the Dark Stone is cut out.

The shot of Mervamon tacking Beelzebumon is cut short so as to remove an underskirt look at her butt.

The shot of all the DigiMemories reviving in Taiki's hands is edited to have all the names and attack names translated into their English versions seen previously, complete with both Leviamon and MarineAngemon having an attack called "Shell Shock".

Final Xros is renamed Final Fusion

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode is spoken as "Shoutmon Times Seven AND Superior Mode"

The music playing for the Final Fusion is not nearly as exciting as "WE ARE Xros Heart Ver. X7", but it has a sort of holy and regal feel to it, giving the scene a more magestic and sacred tone instead of the uber-hotblooded tone of awesome that the original had. It's kind of like the opposite of how the Omegamon battle in "Our War Game" was handled between the original and the dub. In the original, the music that played during Omegamon's blasting all the Diablomon was holy-sounding, while in the dub, it was the action-based "Let's Kick It Up!" song that played. Here, it's the opposite with action-based music playing in the original while holy-sounding music plays in the dub.

DarknessBagramon absorbing his giant hand to grow bigger is called "Terror Infusion" as though it were an attack of his, but thankfully is not given an attack caption.

"Final Xros Blade" is not named. I get the feeling that it was supposed to be renamed "Final Victory Blade", but since that attack name got used as one of three different dub names for "Seven Victorize", they probably felt that they couldn't use it now.

"My idealism and conviction" is consistently changed to "My vision"

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode says that Bagramon's data shall return to the Digital World.

When Taiki's mother and other people return to normal, some dialogue is added to her and another random guy (whose voice sounds like an impression of Jerry Houser) looking up at the digimon going back to the Digital World:
    Mikey's mom: "What is that thing? Are those aliens?"
    Random guy: "Whatever they are, we scared'em off! Now get off our planet! And don't come back!"

The final closing monologue by Mikey starts way earlier than when Taiki started it, as it's much longer:
    Taiki: "The battle was over. Peace returned to the world, and our heated summer ended. I'm sure summer will come again... But that's another story."
    Mikey: "And so our long story comes to an end at last. It's been so crazy that I can't even tell most people about it, or they'd think I was, you know, crazy! But the main thing is, thanks to a whole lot of friends, the Fusion Fighters won! We won it all! We made sure that the human world was at peace again, and the Digital World! Man, I wish I could see what happens when everyone gets home! I bet you wanna know what's happening there, too! Well, maybe we'll find out. But, that's a story for another time."

The closing "おわり" (Owari) screen is replaced by a red "The End" written in the dub's name caption text.

Troopmon is kept
    Undead is changed to Zombie Zinger
    "Death March" is renamed "Dark March"
    "Хорошо Attack" is omitted, with "Dark March" being the only attack given in the dub

Mikey describes Troopmon as one who "follows orders without question and doesn't have any ideas of his own," and "he can work for a long time with no sleep." All of this is based on his Digimon Reference Book profile.

And now that it's over, there still remains one lingering question that the dub never answered (rant incoming):

Why did they call Bagramon as "Lord Bagra" without a "-mon" in his name?!!! Were they originally going to try and pass him off as not being a digimon but some other kind of being, only to back out on that decision without ever trying to reconcile it? It makes no sense! If he's a digimon, he ought to have a "-mon" in his name! He isn't some special case like NEO or Yggdrasil 7D6 or Neo Crimson, he's a stinkin' normal digimon! And it's even a case of the dubbers needing to rename him so as to better fit the lip flaps since "Lord Bagra" has the exact same amount of syllable as "Bagramon" does when spoken in English! It's even LESS syllables when you add in all the times he was called "Bagramon-sama" in the original, so there is NO good reason for the dub to get rid of the "-mon" in his name! I have been waiting, and WAITING, for the dub to come out and tell us why he's just called "Lord Bagra" instead of "Bagramon" or even "Lord Bagramon", and when they FINALLY get to the end of the series, where Bagramon comes into play more prominently, they complete ignore any attempts to explain why he lacks a "-mon" in his name, and suddenly give him one when he becomes DarknessBagramon (which in turn is renamed the utterly stupidly ridiculous dub name of "Megadarkness Bagramon") as though it's no big deal at all. Thank you, Saban! Thank you for completely wasting my time on a mystery that was never followed through on. Because now I learn that it was never a mystery in the first place, and was instead just more horse-hockey like the names "Zombie Zinger" and "SlushAngemon"!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek1ktZO3lLw
    Last edited by Sabrblade; 08-21-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    I have been waiting, and WAITING, for the dub to come out and tell us why he's just called "Lord Bagra" instead of "Bagramon" or even "Lord Bagramon", and when they FINALLY get to the end of the series, where Bagramon comes into play more prominently, they complete ignore any attempts to explain why he lacks a "-mon" in his name, and suddenly give him one when he becomes DarknessBagramon (which in turn is renamed the utterly stupidly ridiculous dub name of "Megadarkness Bagramon") as though it's no big deal at all. Thank you, Saban! Thank you for completely wasting my time on a mystery that was never followed through on. Because now I learn that it was never a mystery in the first place, and was instead just more horse-hockey like the names "Zombie Zinger" and "SlushAngemon"!
    Pretty sure there is a MegaDarknessBagramon already. Doesn't make it any less silly, but still, you can't blame the dub for inventing the name.

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    I just want to bring up, that MegaDarknessBagramon is a real Digimon. Super Digica Taisen has many Mega- Digimon, and the scene where DarknessBagramon absorbs part of the city to become bigger may be him becoming MegaDarknessBagramon. This is supported by the Bandai Asia Digimon Reference Book, which orders Digimon roughly in-line with their XW appearances, listing Mega- immediately after DarknessBagramon.

Maybe calling DarknessBagramon by Megadarkness Bagramon was a dub error. Like, someone mixed up the two Digimon and accidentally made them the same in the dub script.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Come on, guys. That's what ya'll chose to focus on in my rant? Fine, I'll play along. You know good and well what I was talking about when I spoke of how dumb-sounding the name "Megadarkness Bagramon" is. I am fully aware that it's a real digimon's name, but it's the name of another digimon, not the one that appears in this show, and is used in a completely different context in which it makes sense in that game. Super Digica Taisen added the "Mega-" prefix to a bunch of supersized versions of normal digimon, and that makes sense for the format of doing so in that game. But we are not talking about that game or its class of "Mega-" prefixed giant digimon. We are talking about a normal-sized DarknessBagramon that has been given a "Mega-" prefix in its basic form for no confounded good reason. Within the context of this show, "Megadarkness Bagramon" is a stupid dub name that makes no sense in any regard. DarknessBagramon doesn't even get a new name when he grows bigger after absorbing his giant hand, and if it were to be called anything, the dub already came up with the term "Terror Infusion" to refer to it. Digimon who change size in this show do not automatically get new names. Tyutyumon himself grew in size after having been shrunk down all this time, yet his name remained the same in both of his sizes. The dub calling DarknessBagramon as "Megadarkness Bagramon" is no less dumb than when it called the regular WaruMonzaemon as "GigaWaruMonzaemon" when that name should have only applied to his enhanced absorption form. One could even argue that the DarknessBagramon/"Megadarkness Bagramon" case was even dumber than the WaruMonzaemon/"GigaWaruMonzaemon" case since, unlike the latter, DarknessBagramon did not get a new name when he got bigger (as I said earlier). And the parsing of "Megadarkness" instead of as "MegaDarkness" or "Mega Darkness" is just plain bad in and of itself since "Megadarkness" is not even a word. An uppercase D would have at least made it clear that it's supposed to be two separate words added together, but the use of a lowercase D goes against that and is inconsistent with years of English Digimon name parsings. There is just no excuse for this; nothing worth defending in this terrible dub name as presented within the context of this show.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast