With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Fusion Episode 51: Rotten to the Digi-Core

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Fusion Episode 51: Rotten to the Digi-Core

Episode thread for Episode 51 of Digimon Fusion

2nd August - USA

No spoilers past this episode

NeoMyotismon
    New Attack: Blue Obliteration

Apollomon
    New Attacks: Sunfire Punch and Sun Ball Blast

Digimon Data Collection: Numemon
    New Attacks: Nume-Sludge and Poop Throw!
    Last edited by Ishkur; 08-03-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishkur View Post
    New Attacks: Nume-Sludge and Poop Throw!
    lol. As if there's a difference.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Apparently there is. :P

Also they all seem to refer to Prison Land as Holding Cell.

Zamielmon
    Aren't those supposed to be Apollomon's attacks? Those would fit as dub equivalents of Phoebus Blow and Solblaster.

So, did they do anything to retain the "Prison Land is the secret eighth kingdom" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartz View Post
    Zamielmon
    Aren't those supposed to be Apollomon's attacks? Those would fit as dub equivalents of Phoebus Blow and Solblaster.
    Yes, thanks for pointing out my error. ☺

No, they didn't. It was mentioned as being called Prison Land twice, then all the other tiles as the Holding Cell. Where you go once your Digi-Core has been removed.
    Last edited by Vande; 08-04-2015 at 01:03 AM. Reason: double post merge

The shot of Zamielmon using "The World Shot" is cut out for reasons unknown since he used the same attack in the dub back in episode 36.

Whispered saying to Taiki that if he loses his soul in this place then he loses his life is changed to him simply telling Mikey that he and his friends will never leave this place. In the original, Whispered implied that Taiki and his friends would all be killed by the Death Generals, while in the dub Whispered merely implies that Mikey and his friends are instead just trapped in this place for good.

And then a few moments later Whispered declares that Mikey and his friends will be "blasted to pieces". Can they make up their minds about whether the dub want to omit death or not?

Whispered (thinking): "Tch... I have to admit, even I don't like being used by that stuck up DarkKnightmon after I thought I'd finished him off. but this alone is something that I can't--"
    Whispered (thinking): "Hm... I didn't mind it when Axeknightmon implanted my Whispered programming into Apollomon to keep him in line. But how dare he try to manipulate me! I'm no softhearted fool!" (I don't get this dialogue change.)

In the original, it was Taiki's mentioning of "nakama" ("friends") that touched Olegmon, while here, though Mikey does mention "real friendship or true loyalty", it's the word "loyalty" that Olegmon repeats.

The impact shot of Taiki being hit by Gravimon's cables the first time is cut out. Though, Gravimon calls out this move of his as "Octagravity" when it was never named in the original and doesn't have an attack caption in either version.

The shot of Taiki/Mikey being struck by Gravimon's cables for the second time is NOT cut out this time.

Instead of siding with those who care about their friends, Olegmon sides with those who "fight for what's right." So instead of "friendship", it's "justice" that causes Olegmon to turn... which is weird considering his whole schtick was friendship-based while it was Apollomon who was all about justice.

"Bloody Stream Grade" is renamed "Blue Obliteration"

Prison Land being called the "kokoro no sekai" ("world of souls") is omitted, instead just referred to as "the holding cell".

Here's something I've never noticed until now. In the second DigiXros sequence, Dorulumon's part of the sequence where he raises his head, growls, and lowers it, is different between the original and dub. In the original, his head raises and lowers much faster and sooner than in the dub, yet it is the same movement performed in both version. but no time is lost or gained between either version.

"Phoebus Blow" is renamed "Sunfire Punch"

Again, the second shot of Zamielmon using his attack is cut out.

"Solblaster" (which was not captioned in the original) is renamed "Sun Ball Blast" (and is not captioned here either)

Taiki's suprised reaction to Apollomon's body disappearing ("Apollomon!") is changed to Mikey saying, with confidence, "Five, you mean!" in response to Axeknightmon mentioning his still having six Dark Generals.

Olegmon explaining that Apollomon's soul must have vanished from Prison Land is changed to him saying "This be an ill wind, lad. I've got to go and destroy that scurvy regenerator!"

And Taiki's saddened response to Olegmon's explanation ("Sonna...") is changed to Mikey saying "But why?" The problem with this is that the dub's removal of Olegmon's explanation about Apollomon makes Mikey's line now lack any proper context, meaning we don't know who he says "But why?" to or what it his question refers to. If he's asking "But why?" in regards to Apollomon's disappearance, then that clashes with his earlier confident statement of "Five, you mean!" since that line made it sound like mikey was expecting Apollomon to disappear, so if he's now asking why Apollomon vanished, then that doesn't make sense with his earlier line. But if he's speaking to Olegmon, asking why he has to go "destroy that scurvy regenerator", then why does Mikey look so depressed? The original line fit with his depressed expression, so for him to look depressed when speaking to Olegmon (if that is who he's speaking to) is bizarre since Olegmon didn't say anything that would upset Mikey. It's as though two different writers worked on this one scene and just meshed two different scripts together.

"Goto Death General, DigiXros!" ("All Death Generals, DigiXros!") is changed to "All Dark Generals, Forced Digi-Fuse!"

Grand Generamon (the incomplete version) keeps his name, space and all.

OmegaShoutmon's Great Xros screen is replaced by his clean Super Evolution screen.

Something else I never caught before. The Dorulumon and Starmons Great Xros screens had a yellow background and a purple background respectively in the original, but in the dub, each one is replaced by their respective DigiXros screens that has the multiple shots of Dorulumon and Starmon on them, with Dorulumon's in particular cut short just as the multiple shots of him come into view so as to match the amount of time that his Great Xros screen was onscreen in the original.

The overhead shot of the running Olegmon leading Knightmon, Mervamon, Taiki, and Nene away from the fight is cut out.

The Revive Circuit is simply renamed as the Regenerator.

Olegmon mocking DarkKnightmon for thinking that the Dark Stone has infinite power is changed to him mocking Axeknightmon for thinking that "that Blarney Stone can do anything you want it to!"

Olegmon's being impaled by Grand Generamon is not edited in the dub.

After Olegmon is stabbed by Grand Generamon, any of Taiki's concern for Olegmon's mortality is changed to Mikey saying stuff like "Keep fighting!" or "Olegmon, you did it! Are you hurt?" This second one is especially dumb since Mikey just saw Olegmon get stabbed and fall from high above the ground! OF COURSE, he would be hurt, Mikey!!!

"Seven Victorize" is renamed "Seven Victories" like back in episode 43, though it was "Final Victory Blade" back in episode 49.

Every shot of Grand Generamon shooting a stream of water from his Splashmon mouth (which, given where this mouth is positioned on his crotch, looks like Grand Generamon is using a urination attack) is KEPT in the dub.

Numemon is kept
    Mollusk is kept
    "Unchi Nage" is renamed "Nume-Sludge" ("Nume" was pronounced as "Noom" by Mimi in Adventure's dub, while here it's pronounced as "Noo-may")
    "Renzoku Unchi Nage" is renamed as "Poop Throw!" (with an exclamation point)
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

I come from the net
    Well, if we kept MaloMyo's Little Crotch Monster then Grand Generalmon -2 head on what would be the crotch could be kept. Isn't it "Noo-May"?

Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    So, did they do anything to retain the "Prison Land is the secret eighth kingdom" thing?
    That wasn't even in the original either.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Well, if we kept MaloMyo's Little Crotch Monster then Grand Generalmon -2 head on what would be the crotch could be kept.
    I think you mean VenomMyo not MaloMyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Isn't it "Noo-May"?
    In his name, yes, but in regards to the sludge itself, Dub Mimi called it "Noom Sludge", not "Noo-may Sludge" as Mikey called it here.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!