With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Leadup to Tri Week 31- The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan

Leadup to Tri Week 31- The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan

A 16 episode series this time

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan

I'd say no real content warnings this time. Occasionally some mild ecchi, but not a big deal.

Subbed on Hulu for free- http://www.hulu.com/the-disappearanc...agato-yukichan
    Subbed on Funimation for free- http://www.funimation.com/shows/the-...ideos/episodes

The last episode will be up subbed for free on Friday for non-members of either site. It's also in the midst of being dubbed, but minus sampling, it isn't far enough along to watch the whole thing yet.

Wanted to go with Haruhi, but it isn't available for streaming at the moment, so it's brand new quirky spinoff will work well.

Warning, this takes place in an alternate universe but they allude to events that take place in Haruhi quite a bit, so if you plan to watch that in the future, be aware.

This is probably my favorite show from 2015 so far. It's a cute and quirky slice of life that takes the Haruhi characters and pulls them from the surreal to the absolutely normal (with a few twists along the way.) It's interesting to see what characters are similar and which are different and how certain things play out differently.

It's very entertaining and everything moves at a pretty good pace.

One thing that's good is they got the primary casts back for both the Japanese and English versions.

Extremely interesting in the leadup, no one on the Japanese side has a notable connection to Digimon, but EVERY main actor on the English side has had a notable role in Digimon. Just naming one Digimon role from each of the leads (as many of them had multiple roles) get you a nice random selection of characters- Koichi, Zoe, Jeri, Dracomon, Thomas' sister Relena, Kudamon, Megumi, and TK.

Previous Threads
    Leadup to Tri Week 1- Haganai
    Leadup to Tri Weeks 2 and 3- A Certain Magical Index
    Leadup to Tri Weekend Movie- Lupin The Third: Green Vs Red
    Leadup to Tri Week 3(ish)- High School DxD
    Leadup to Tri Week 4- Buso Renkin
    Leadup to Tri Week 5- Tenchi Muyo!
    Leadup to Tri Week 6- Ben-To
    Leadup to Tri Week 7- Maken-Ki!
    Leadup to Tri Week 8- Full Metal Panic!
    Leadup to Tri Week 9- Engaged to the Unidentified
    Leadup to Tri Week 10- Hellsing Ultimate
    Leadup to Tri Week 11- Date A Live
    Leadup to Tri Week 12- Ranma 1/2
    Leadup to Tri Week 13- Please Teacher
    Leadup to Tri Week 14- Please Twins
    Leadup to Tri Week 15- Waiting in the Summer
    Leadup to Tri Week 16- Infinite Stratos
    Leadup to Tri Week 17- Dragon Ball
    Leadup to Tri Week 18- D-Frag!
    Leadup to Tri Week 19- Baka and Test
    Leadup to Tri Week 20- Soul Eater
    Leadup to Tri Week 21- Yuru Yuri
    Leadup to Tri Week 22- Go-Lion
    Leadup to Tri Week 23- Ah! My Goddess
    Leadup To Tri Week 24- Afro Samurai
    Leadup to Tri Week 25- Shin Chan
    Leadup to Tri Week 26- Trigun
    Leadup to Tri Week 27- Tenchi Universe
    Leadup to Tri Week 28- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
    Leadup to Tri Week 29- Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars
    Leadup to Tri Week 30- Nyan Koi!

Can't find a good copy of the OP on Youtube, so here's a fun clip from the dub.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Try and avoid Haruhi spoilers for those who haven't seen it since things in Nagato-chan happen differently, and watching this might make them want to track down Haruhi. Some spoilers will be necessary later in the conversation, but try and use the spoiler tag.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Hooray! Something I've seen and recently so I remember more of it.

I haven't finished it but I do heart Nagato. She's my favorite and this show makes her more like a person then a Rei type like always. Really fun show to watch. ...I really need to finish it. I stopped when the first switching with Normal!Nagato episode was on Funi.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Okay... I skipped this series during the leadup, since I wanted to see the Haruhi anime first. Now I have, so I went back and watched this series and its OVA. I really don't have much to say about it that Marc didn't already say in this thread's first post. It was interesting to see characters interact and events from Haruhi repeat in a world where everything is (more or less) normal. All the little winks at the audience about things that happened in the original series were fun, even though some of the allusions to "Endless Eight" seemed almost like threats. Interesting also to see what characters were given greater or lesser prominence in the story, with Kyon's male classmates virtually disappearing, Mikuru and Tsuruya having about equal importance, and Ryoko playing a much larger role. Then there's the way various characters' motivations were reworked to make them fit better into a "realistic" setting. Yuki herself was essentially a character original to this series, since her personality differs so much from how it was in Melancholy (and even, to a lesser extent, her "normal" version from The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi).
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net