With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Tamers: 1998 (Sign Up/Discussion)

I come from the net viperzerof-2's Avatar

Digimon Tamers: 1998 (Sign Up/Discussion)

Digimon Tamers: 1998

It’s been twelve years since the Monster Makers abandoned the Digimon Project, but the new world they created continues to expand. In the real world people are just being to hear about Digimon, in the form of Children’s toys. Adopted by the Japanese toy company Bandai and sold as an extension of their popular V-Pet line, Digimon are not as popular as other similar products like Pokemon, but have made their presence on the playground known. Some children have become exceptionally talented with the pet raising game and compete with each other.

The Digital World is however a world as real as the Earth, tenuously connected by mankind’s vast information network. As the Network grows with the coming millennium so does the link between the worlds. In the near future it might become possible to walk between the worlds.

While all this happening under the noise of society an online version of the Digimon game known as Digital Monsters Ver.Pc has appeared for Windows, Macintosh, and other platforms. An application that allows users to raise a Digimon on the desktop and battle online, it has become popular with Digimon players that can no longer find competition among their friends. Who however created this program and why?

So I’ve had the idea to do this Tamers project for a while and I’ve always thought the first part would make a good rp. The idea is a Tamers prequel set in the same world but with the kids running around playing Digimon competing with each other and becoming friends. It’s sort of like the first episodes of Tamers, but with out the Digimon being physically present (sort of like Our War Game). You can pick any Digimon you want, but I would prefer earlier ones. I will not however turn anyone down, but I might ask you to make changes (like keep the base form at rookie or something). The actually game works like Digital Monster Ver.S, which is a pet raising game or that D-power CD game that let users fight online. (Oh I’m calling Agumon now though )

Character sheet

Name
    Age (7-14)
    Personality
    Computer or online device
    Bio
    Digimon
    Digimon Bio
    Anything else you feel the need to add
    Remember they are supposed to be real kids so don’t be to melodramatic or make them super evil.

Rules are fairly standard follow the site rules and no God modding. If a dispute comes up I can resolve it or you can both appoint a third party to do so and I approve of it.

Any questions?

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Sounds like my kind of story, so I'll bite! :P

Name: Nick Reid
    Description:
    Nick is a boy of everage height (about 5'4"), with a lanky sort of build. He's got curly red hair, freckles, and round,
    somewhat large glasses.

Personality:
    Nick has become rusty in regard to his social skills (thanks to hours spent on the internet), but for the most part is a
    friendly guy. He has a tendency to obsess and get frustrated over less important details in stressful situations, but
    with some patient guidance, can be pretty reliable. Nick is fairly talkative when he feels comfortable, but can clam up
    or get defensive when in a situation he doesn't like.

(Nick uses a computer to play Digital Monsters Ver. PC)

Bio:
    Some of his common interests are computer games and science fiction books (though he does have a few favorite fantasy
    books in his past). He actually likes playing basketball too, though that was in his elementary and middle school days.
    Beginning high school is a whole new animal for him, and he's not quite sure how to act now that his class aren't the top
    dogs anymore. Fortunately, he's got his neighborhood group of friends to help keep him anchored while he figures out what
    high school is all about.

Somewhat of a geek by inheritance (his dad is part of an emerging software development company--one perk of which
    is that their family has the best modems and a second phone line, so that getting on the internet is easier
    for them than for most people), Nick is firmly entrenched as a member of the budding generation of internet-savy
    kids in his neighborhood. Friends he used to see more frequently face-to-face have recently become simple names on a
    screen, chatting while playing games. He owned a Digimon V-pet (like most of his friends did), but it got old fairly fast.
    That is, until Digital Monsters Ver. PC came along...

Digimon: Calcifer the Candlemon
    (Likely will utilize the typical evolution line: Candlemon--> Meramon--> DeathMeramon--> Boltmon)

Digimon Bio:
    Ironically described as something of a "hot head", Calcifer has a need to prove himself, which more often than not results
    in his dignity being injured more so than the enemy. He tends not to think through his attacks (or whether or not TO attack),
    much to the frustration of his tamer. His "go and do" attitude, however, is a good compliment to Nick's cautious approach,
    and when the two are willing to work with one another, they make a good combination. Calcifer is reasonably powerful, as
    Nick made sure to take special care of him, and prior to them meeting one another in person, they won a fair share of the
    online battles they entered.

*I have one question, if I may ask: I'm not overly familiar with how the internet was in the late 90s (Mostly, I just knew how
    get to my games), but do you think that the limitations of the time will affect the story in any way?

It shouldn't be too bad I used to play 2d games fairly easily once I managed to connect (and I had dial-up, we can use ISDN or even early cable). the real reason I like using 1998 is the Internet is something not everyone uses yet, we will be very much pioneers.

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar
    Name: Dereck Black

Description: Dereck stans at 4'11", has long dark brown hair that he wears in a ponytail and blue eyes
    Personality: Dereck is extremely agressive to things he dislikes and defensive of things he like, he doesn't let go of things easily and is known for holding many grudges, however he will help people in need as soon as he can and even if he can, he can be a bit annoying and clingy around people specially if they don't agree with in something, he learned to contain himself after he saw his friends not enjoying his company, letting his extremist views brew inside him until they burst. He works hard for things he wants.

Bio: Dereck was born into a somewhat rich family, even though his parents had money he always felt like he had to work for his things without any help from his parents, he quickly got a computer and more recently got a Gameboy and a Pokémon game so he could finally fit in with the other kids, whoever the Pokémon craze was in a hiatus in his school thanks to the more affordable and simple Digimon V-Pets and the ever so rising in popularity of Digital Monster Ver.PC, unlike the other kids he despised the concept as it felt to him like somebody was copying the hard work that was put on Pokémon and making money out of it. After that event he blamed all his lack of friends on the fact that he didn't like Digimon like the other kids, ignoring his personality and behaviour, feeling lonely however he got DVPC, he quickly got bored of it had let his Gabumon rot away while he played Pokémon and complained about the lack of originality.

Digimon: Pitchmon->Kyokyomon->Gabumon->Raremon->Maildramon->Darkdramon -If these are too recent PM me that I'll change them ASAP, most notably Kyokyomon (2004) and Darkdramon (2005).

Digimon Bio: Gabumon was always outcast by most Digimon, he wasn't bulky, fast or strong, his Petit Fire couldn't even cook a carrot, for that reason has always had a shy personality and a will to make himself strong, he fought online but constantly lost, he can be considered a bit reckless as he can throw itself into danger just to prove itself, he loves to play with Dereck which doesn't happen a lot, has a bunch of care mistakes AND it wasn't that well trained. Dereck gave him the nickname of Dingo.

yea thats fine your approved. I not going to reject anyone based on partner I just have a desire to give digimon its pre adventure feel.

Just curious, Viper: you've played DMPC, right?

the game in the rp? I made that up actually, I played a lot of Digimon games I based this one

also I was hoping to get one person, if I don't I'll start on friday

Ah, gotcha. Sounds good! Actually, I was thinking of a game/vpet someone actually made. You may or may not recognize it, but here's a link: http://digimonpc.wix.com/dmpcweb . Lol, I've actually been playing a little bit of Digimon Ver.S just to get in the spirit of the RP. :P (Sorry, btw, if this looks like a double post. I tried to post from my phone earlier, but it didn't seem to show when I pulled it up on my computer.)

Ain't got no mojo... Blaise2003's Avatar
    Add Blaise2003 on Steam Add Blaise2003 on DeviantArt
    Can I have any Digimon? (I mean, not like a super duper powered one, just like a newer one.)

yea you can have anyone you want, older was just a preference of mine, but I don't want to exclude anyone based on that

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast