With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FYI Old Forums

FYI Old Forums

I believe now that JK has seen we have new forums, [s]the old ones will be removed shortly.[/s]

Actually, I'm getting a bandwith limit exceeded error, so support has probably already been removed

Guess I'll look into restoring a few threads on http elsewhere tommorrow.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Re: FYI Old Forums

Support has been removed yes, still asking for the backup though - if we don't get it we don't get it but hey we tried.

I really hope that we get the backup, but oh well, we'll just have to live with the fact that the old posts are gone.

I'm a Maniac

it aint end of the world if old posts cant be revived. We can always start all over again ^^

Junior Commander

True, and also I don't really care about my old posts, I mean most of them (mine) had no meaning or much of a purpose whatsoever. I've come into grips with the new forums now, after all like a certain phrase said "we got to put the past behind us", we can move on into the future fresh!

Seithecs

how can you not care, i love history, if you could save wtw's histroy do so! this forum is amazing, for a fan forum. it has history, and an interesting one, when you made the chronicles in wtw 2 you had to draw from memory, saving what you have now will save time, and where else will you learn from except history.

We have a pretty complete backup of threads, they just aren't indexed. There will be a thread archive up eventually.

Ain't got no mojo...

...why has no one asked me for a SQL back-up?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveUROwnStyle
    ...why has no one asked me for a SQL back-up?
    No offense, but who the hell are you? And how would you have obtained a backup?

Ain't got no mojo...

No idea about him, but with certain languages, it's fairly easy to hack together a script to read through every page of the forums and save them to text files.
    My Webcomic: Waves of Re-Entry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast