With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: [Podcast] Lost In Translationmon: Digimon Adventure Novel 4 now out

Follow springogeek On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Airdramon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by springogeek View Post
    Ohh, listening to this later tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait!
    Let me know how we did for episode 3! I'm really hoping we can improve more.
    I'll keep you posted I really enjoyed the first two episodes, and I want you to go far
    Decoding the secrets of the EU/Asia D-power, one step at a time: Here
    Currently Raising: Agumon (DM20)
    RIP: Greymon (DU, 13yrs), Diaboromon (DU, 20yrs)

Hey! Regarding the code on Tentomon's computer, I puzzled over that a couple years back, and concluded it was BASIC based on the 10/20/30/40 style line numbers (as opposed to line numbers like 1/2/3/4 which could just be any text editor), but that that doesn't exactly fit. And then a year or so later there was some discussion on reddit about it (link), and I think the best conclusion is that it's closest to BASIC but not any real language (the most notable thing that makes it not BASIC being the C-style comments).

(There's probably also been a discussion about it on WtW at some point as well, but I couldn't find anything through searching)

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffinitelyjeff View Post
    Hey! Regarding the code on Tentomon's computer, I puzzled over that a couple years back, and concluded it was BASIC based on the 10/20/30/40 style line numbers (as opposed to line numbers like 1/2/3/4 which could just be any text editor), but that that doesn't exactly fit. And then a year or so later there was some discussion on reddit about it (link), and I think the best conclusion is that it's closest to BASIC but not any real language (the most notable thing that makes it not BASIC being the C-style comments).

(There's probably also been a discussion about it on WtW at some point as well, but I couldn't find anything through searching)
    I went back and looked at it after recording and thought it looked kinda C-based but yeah I think it might just be a made up language using elements from different programming languages.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!
    | RedBubble | Ko-Fi | Patreon | PayPal |

This was a really interesting episode. I think I may actually have to go back and watch Adventure in japanese sub, after hearing just how different things were.

Gotta love the pseudo-technical content of Digimon. Pretty sure it contributed to my being a software developer, somewhere along the line.

Looking at it (based on this: http://moviecode.tumblr.com/image/104138324198), it looks like it is supposed to draw something (probably a fractal pattern, based on the function name), at a specific spot on screen. Although, I suppose in a digital world, the co-ordinates could be anywhere, not just on Izzy's screen? :P

This was a really interesting episode. I think I may actually have to go back and watch Adventure in japanese sub, after hearing just how different things were.

Gotta love the pseudo-technical content of Digimon. Pretty sure it contributed to my being a software developer, somewhere along the line.

Looking at it (based on this: http://moviecode.tumblr.com/image/104138324198), it looks like it is supposed to draw something (probably a fractal pattern, based on the function name), at a specific spot on screen. Although, I suppose in a digital world, the co-ordinates could be anywhere, not just on Izzy's screen? :P
    I didn't realise how different the two were until I did the podcast. I thought it was just adding dumb puns not ruining characters.

Digimon didn't start me off wanting to me a software engineer (I knew when I was like five) but it sure did help the process.

Well it did kinda draw file island so maybe?
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

The whole talk about Mimi/Mumu (or MooMoo? ) reminded me of an interview where AiM said she thought Mimi would look more "cutesey" or more like a princess, so that her appearance would make people excuse her "spoiled" behavior. But in the end she ended up happy she was a bit more realistic

OMG YOU HAVE THE MEMORIAL VERSION CD? Wow I need that! I have pirated it while I don't have funds to buy it but boy I love it so much...

I , for a change, agree with Jay, I think the beginning of the anime is a bit too slow in hindsight.

But overall the episode was actually even better than the other ones, you guys are finding your footing!

Quote Originally Posted by fexmeif View Post
    I , for a change, agree with Jay, I think the beginning of the anime is a bit too slow in hindsight.

But overall the episode was actually even better than the other ones, you guys are finding your footing!
    I agree with that. Jay is getting into it more, I think also.
    I like the slowness of the start. It gives you time to explore all the characters, and the world mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by fexmeif View Post
    The whole talk about Mimi/Mumu (or MooMoo? ) reminded me of an interview where AiM said she thought Mimi would look more "cutesey" or more like a princess, so that her appearance would make people excuse her "spoiled" behavior. But in the end she ended up happy she was a bit more realistic

OMG YOU HAVE THE MEMORIAL VERSION CD? Wow I need that! I have pirated it while I don't have funds to buy it but boy I love it so much...

Oh man I haven't read that interview. Do you happen to have a link?
    Yeah I bought the CD and it arrived last week. It's so amazing. It wasn't cheap but it was very much worth it.

Thanks! I thought it seemed a bit better when I was listening to it when I was editing. I hope we continue to improve.

I agree with that. Jay is getting into it more, I think also.
    I like the slowness of the start. It gives you time to explore all the characters, and the world mechanics.
    He really liked "Scorching Heat! Birdramon" so I'm beginning to think he'll be sold on the series by the end.
    I like the slowness too because it allows for character backgrounds to be explained but that's me.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Airdramon View Post
    Oh man I haven't read that interview. Do you happen to have a link?
    Yeah I bought the CD and it arrived last week. It's so amazing. It wasn't cheap but it was very much worth it.
    Geee I wish... it was in some wordpress years ago... when Xros Wars just started airing if I recall correctly, they had the translation for "We are Xros Heart" so I looked more into it.. I tried to look myself but I couldn't find it anymore. If it helps and you are willing to navigate through google pages, I remember it had digimon stuff, inazuma eleven, the digimon adventure novels and the CD drama..

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    You may be thinking of this interview, or another on the site.

http://digitalscratch.pmsinfirm.org/?p=785
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net