With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: [Podcast] Lost In Translationmon: Digimon Adventure Novel 4 now out

Oh God NOT the Digi-rap! anything but that...

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon on XBox Live
    We’re recording another episode of Lost in Translationmon tomorrow so if anybody has any questions please ask them and we’ll answer them on the show!
    Last edited by TMS; 05-07-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!
    | RedBubble | Ko-Fi | Patreon | PayPal |

Follow springogeek On Twitter
    Questions for the show:
    What is your favourite season?
    Any particularly crazy/funny speculations based on the Tri announcement?
    Which movie soundtrack did you prefer: original or dubbed?

I don't feel like you've really covered enough to ask more meaningful questions at this point.
    Decoding the secrets of the EU/Asia D-power, one step at a time: Here
    Currently Raising: Agumon (DM20)
    RIP: Greymon (DU, 13yrs), Diaboromon (DU, 20yrs)

Finished recording and I'm about a third of the way into editing it but I'm going to sleep now so It'll be up a few hours after I wake up.
    Probably.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Awesome! Looking forward to it! Sleep well!

The podcast was great. Good luck with future episodes, I'll be listening. I'm not really on social media, but hopefully we can interact a bit here (Digipodify and Podigious have their own websites for their shows). I think its' great you guys are including the Japanese subbed versions in your discussions too. I was thinking we needed a podcast that focused on the Japanese brand of Digimon too. Honestly, it would be nice if there was a podcast about Digimon Fusion somewhere too. It makes me sad that these new episodes are premiering to little-or-no discussion with the fandom (save a thread on this site). Nicktoons is in a lull with new episodes right now, but I'd expect more to be coming, maybe in June??

Anyway, yeah, great to have a podcast exploring the differences between the two versions. Good luck watching double episodes in both English and Japanese with subs.... that's alotta Digimon! Especially for a lukewarm fan... Ha!

Just three quick comments on the first episode. One, yes it's funny how spoilers are built into the titles and previews of the next episodes! That seems to happen a lot with shounen anime. I guess it's a teaser to get us to come back and find out the "how" of how it happened... It's just funny because we seem to have greater sensitivity to spoilers in the U.S. it would seem....

Two, if you liked "I Wish" as the ending theme, wait until you get to "Keep On" as the next closing credit/song animation. It probably one of my favorite Digimon songs and animations. I love all the pictures of the kids faces in the circles. It's a great ending!

Three, on Tai's narrations at the beginning of Episode 1 "Sora's okay... for a girl." and Matt being the "Self-proclaimed Cool Guy"... yeah... Taichi doesn't say such thing... English Tai, unfortunately does. The English Version tends to type-cast all the characters much more heavily than the original. We didn't need to get beaten over the head with the idea Tai is athletic and likes soccer, seemingly to the exclusion of everything else. The characters are much better balanced in the original. I guess we need clear, easily definable stereotypes here in the States?? An issue worth exploring as your podcast moves forward. I'm looking forward to your next issue1

Quote Originally Posted by Chakmon View Post
    The podcast was great. Good luck with future episodes, I'll be listening. I'm not really on social media, but hopefully we can interact a bit here (Digipodify and Podigious have their own websites for their shows). I think its' great you guys are including the Japanese subbed versions in your discussions too. I was thinking we needed a podcast that focused on the Japanese brand of Digimon too. Honestly, it would be nice if there was a podcast about Digimon Fusion somewhere too. It makes me sad that these new episodes are premiering to little-or-no discussion with the fandom (save a thread on this site). Nicktoons is in a lull with new episodes right now, but I'd expect more to be coming, maybe in June??

Anyway, yeah, great to have a podcast exploring the differences between the two versions. Good luck watching double episodes in both English and Japanese with subs.... that's alotta Digimon! Especially for a lukewarm fan... Ha!

Just three quick comments on the first episode. One, yes it's funny how spoilers are built into the titles and previews of the next episodes! That seems to happen a lot with shounen anime. I guess it's a teaser to get us to come back and find out the "how" of how it happened... It's just funny because we seem to have greater sensitivity to spoilers in the U.S. it would seem....

Two, if you liked "I Wish" as the ending theme, wait until you get to "Keep On" as the next closing credit/song animation. It probably one of my favorite Digimon songs and animations. I love all the pictures of the kids faces in the circles. It's a great ending!

Three, on Tai's narrations at the beginning of Episode 1 "Sora's okay... for a girl." and Matt being the "Self-proclaimed Cool Guy"... yeah... Taichi doesn't say such thing... English Tai, unfortunately does. The English Version tends to type-cast all the characters much more heavily than the original. We didn't need to get beaten over the head with the idea Tai is athletic and likes soccer, seemingly to the exclusion of everything else. The characters are much better balanced in the original. I guess we need clear, easily definable stereotypes here in the States?? An issue worth exploring as your podcast moves forward. I'm looking forward to your next issue1
    We might be getting a Wordpress depending on if we get as popular as the Podigious and Digipodify. I'm already spending 150USD a year on Soundcloud subscription for the podcast. >.>

I love Keep On - I actually loved that song before I watched Digimon in Japanese when I was fairly young (I downloaded it once because it was just called 'Digimon Song').
    In Episode 2 of the podcast Jay and I really cover the change in characters (especially Mimi....).
    I'm about half way through editing.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

"I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

"I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Listening to episode 2 now
    Thanks for answering my questions!
    I wasn't expecting Jay to have an opinion on which season was best, for obvious reasons, so it is funny he answered anyway :P

I was a big fan of the Butterfly insert in the original film version (it was my first time experiencing any Digimon in Japanese). I think way they inserted it really adds to the tone of the movie, but they also chose some good music for the dub, so it for me to pick.
    Hurrah for the Tamers love It will be interesting to see if those rankings will change as you continue watching and comparing.

More opinions on the episode will probably follow as I listen...

Keep being awesome!

EDIT: I'm at that point (around 37 minutes in) where Jay was talking about how Agumon digivolves into Graymon, and how he was frustrated since he saw the prequel film, and it made me wonder whether he knew that it wasn't shown dubbed until the other movies were released theatrically? In fact, it wasn't shown until over a year after the dubbed series was broadcast, so the English audience at least wouldn't have seen it yet. Admittedly, in Japan the prequel was broadcast the day before the first episode, so that was a little odd.
    Last edited by springogeek; 05-10-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast