With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1095

Thread: [Digimon Podcast] Lost In Translationmon: Episode 160 - thank yuu, next

Xros Wars 31-32-33

How cool is Salamandermon?! He barfs lava! Wicked!

Of the two, I think Nene was most fit to survive in Bugramon's new world of Lands. She can keepa low profile, and spent much of her time gathering information with the Monitormon, not too dissimilar to Season One Nene, though without the mystery. Kiriha on the other hand, I think really struggled to survive in this world. His pride suffered under a much stronger enemy, and it was all he could do to generate some opposition with Team Blue Flare to keep other Digimon (like Dracomon) from completely losing hope. We really have no sense of time passage while Taiki was away. I always figured it was months, since the new Lands had to be created.... Anyway, Kiriha seemed exhausted and his spirits very low. I always wondered when we first see him calling-out Dorbickmon if that wasn't a kamikaze mission.... I mean he must have known he couldn't win.... was that a last stand? I don't think it was Taiki's underwhelming return as much as a beaten-down Kiriha under the new regime.

Also, YES! Nene's undercover costumes are the best! She is so awesome! There is a gravity and mood in the Death Generals arc that never manifests in Fusion partly because of the near constant cartoony background music.... it really changes the mood.
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon on XBox Live
    Episode 151 - Shoutmon XD Lawl Random
    Is Xros Wars going to continue actually better better than mediocre? Is this the saddest moment in all of the Digimon anime? Does Kiriha bounce back fast? Will Xros Heart get a Cease and Desist from the WWE? Find out the answer to these questions and more in this week's episode!
    Linkdump
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!
    | RedBubble | Ko-Fi | Patreon | PayPal |

Xros Wars 34-35-36

Biggest reveal: Mervamon has boobies! (sooooo much English editing to do.....)
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

Hehe...boobies...

Episode 152 - Ken V3.0
    Guys I think Yuu might be evil but I'm not quite sure?
    Linkdump
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Xros Wars 37-38-39

Ep 37: I have to say I enjoyed the Wisemon vs. Daomon tactics during the fight scene in this episode. That's an interesting match. The Wide Hi-Vision Sword was an interesting combo too. But I had the same thought Jay did... Yuu would never not trust his own sister over DarkKnightmon… so what's really going on here..??

Ep 38/39: I actually kind of like Splashmon the Water Tiger and the Steel Village of Cyber Land. Yes, it was jokey, and then tried to play serious with its plot to cause mistrust among the kids. But I kind of liked the combination. I also liked how Spashmon could sense the negative energy on Kiriha and capitalize on it, and later sensed fear in Taiki as a negative emotion. Best part was the dummy Taiki walking through the exploding doorway... and the creepy Cutemon that knocks-out Dorulumon in Ep 38. And May is right, with Vilemon being edited-out of the outfit covering-up Laylamon's lady-parts as part of their forced DigiXros, her reactions make no sense... and Vilemon completely disappears from the Xros.... Fusion also cuts TONS of Mervamon crotch shots from Ep 38. Mervamon makes for so much editing.... lol
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

Episode 153 - The Time Of The Season
    Well it's the time of the season when the blonde guy beats up the goggle kid!
    Linkdump
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Xros Wars 40-41-42

Why the dub made Olegmon only care about gold and not friendship in Episode 40 was so bizarre... but even odder, they didn't double-down on their change, and just made it go away with Olegmon in Episode 41. Very inconsistent.... especially since Olegmon valuing friendship made him a unique villain and someone who could identify with Taiki. Olegmon wanting Taiki's friendship was actually really sweet, and a nice angle for this story. But wow did the dub blow it! I guess they were working episode-to-episode....

And how awful is Episode 42? We're really getting another Kiriha the aggressive lone-wolf episode? Any Kiriha character development just gets reset? I sincerely hope we find out Gravimon had a hold on him to make him act this way... It's just another angry Kiriha episode.... but more radical because we have dozens of marching Wendimons, Cerberumons, etc.... This is why I generally like the first arc better than the second. While the whole series is a bit over-the-top with marching armies and explosions, it goes to an even more absurd level in the Death Generals arc with less interesting mid-level baddies and locales.... I miss Lake Zone.... I mean did you see all the mid-air antics of DigiXrosing with Taiki, Nene and Kiriha!? Cool... but.... hmmmm…..

Episode 42 really makes me think they made all these unlinked, stand-alone, mini story episodes and threw them in this order after the fact. Kiriha's total change in character from Gold Land to Canyon Land is.... not believable.
    Last edited by Chakmon; 09-13-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

Yeah! I'm still salty about Olegmon's weird change in the dub and the fact that they just forgot they made him straight up say he didn't care about friendship in the next episode. It's just weird.
    And, yeah, I've been swayed on Kiriha's episodes and weird character flips...

And I speak more about it in this week's episode!
    Episode 154 - A Xros By Any Other Name
    Deckerdramon dies and the writers don't know how to count past the number five or how to communicate so that characters are consistent. May gets confused, Jay gets confused, and then we witness the single darkest moment in all of Digimon.
    Linkdump
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Why is it Shoutmon X7 and not X6? Think of all the component Digimon.

Shoutmon + Greymon + MailBirdramon + Dorulumon + Ballistamon + Sparrowmon + Starmons even though there's like ten or twenty or whatever of those things in the combination. Seven Digimon.

There is a X6 in the manga, and it's basically the same thing minus Sparrowmon.

--

For as much as the Kiriha VS Taiki battle was one of those most contrived things that this show's ever come up with, it at least gave us one of the most well animated fights in the whole series, so I can forgive it for that. Actually, something I always found funny about Xros in general was how inconsistent the animation is throughout the season. So much so that, compared to every other season, it's really easy to tell where all the budget goes *coughcoughNenecough*. This will become even more apparent in Part 3, especially towards the end with the [SPOILER REDACTED] where the animation quality is noticeably poor. Sure, the animation has never exactly been one of Digimon's high points, but at least every other iteration of the franchise is consistent in quality.
    Last edited by wildwing64; 09-27-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Xros Wars 43-44-45

The animation quality has been very jarring throughout this series! Very true! Some episodes feature "regular" Taiki as we seen most commonly, but then in other episodes we get high-contrast Taiki with sharp outlines, some episodes offer a very "shiny" Taiki with solar glare, and some have the very weird "flat faced" cheap cartoony Taiki... all in the same series! There has definitely been varying animation teams on this series. The fight scenes have been exciting, but the Digimon fighting in them have been anything but.... I'm with Jay, very boring designs, a big MINUS for me with Xros Wars.

Not that it matters... but Ep. 43's Digimon Data Corner had Agunimon listed as a "Wizard" Type... I thought he was a "Demon Man" Type??? Again, not that it really matters, as both Type and Field are confusing at best with Digimon and soooooo badly managed.... And what happened to the Bastemon animation during the evolution to GreatestCutemon in the Ep. 44 dub??? I really liked the "other" Digimon getting a screenshot just before the evolution. It was cute! But why no Bastemon??? It wasn't really sexualized... Nene's Wendimon outfit was awesome!

Ep 45, Taiki almost got killed by Greymon's GigaDestroyer! That was big! If anyone is due for a dark evolution, it's Greymon under Kiriha's leadership!

Yuu is next... **yawn**
    Kachikachi Kocchin!