With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1065

Thread: [Digimon Podcast] Lost In Translationmon: Episode 149 is now out!

I come from the net viperzerof-2's Avatar
    I'm up to date on your Lain podcast. Its a show people love or hate, but a lot of it will make more sense at the end if you feel like looking back. I think the emotional part of it is one of reason it has been able to stick around 20 years. Also you have a very good voice!

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon on XBox Live
    Glad to hear you're enjoying our lain coverage and like my voice! Lain seems to be a series that is gradually making more sense towards the end. I'm looking forward to seeing more at this point!

Anyway our holidays have no come to an end so I'm releasing our fifth and final consecutive day of podcast releases - our coverage of the Digimon stage play!
    Special 31 – Mimi Continues to Be Best Girl
    May and Jay excitedly watch the nostalgia-fest that is the Digimon Adventure Tri Stage Play! Is it more than just nostalgia? is it better than Tri? Is Mimi still best girl?
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!
    | RedBubble | Ko-Fi | Patreon | PayPal |

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Data Squad:

I really like how it ends with Marcus going to the Digital World. Nice twist on the usual ending.
    In a way he ended up like Tai. A Digital World Diplomat. Only with punching and thus, superior.

Originally I wasn't a big fan of Spencer being brought back to life, but your theory of him being born back out of an egg with Leomon in his head is too much fun to not love.

I can't remember where he said it, but Jeff Nimoy drew a parallel between his Data Squad ending theory, and Izzy trying to cure the infection in Confession. So in his continuity, Data Squad could actually be a simulation run during Tri. by a sleep-deprived Oolong Tea fueled Izzy.

Stage Play:

If you take the Digimon as a metaphor for childhood, I think "them sticking around" rather than being left behind like similar stories can be taken a few ways. In a way childhood never leaves you, and always informs who you are, as it continues to for the kids in Tri. The kids even state that their partners "are their hope", which can be interpreted as the optimism of their childhoods. The Abridged series runs with this theme in Determination too, where Joe wants to jettison his childhood and past, when really he should have a place for it even in adulthood.

And no one ever really ever stops growing up either. Though obviously, if the Digimon did stop coming back, you couldn't really continue the story either, which would he a bad financial decision. (I mean, theoretically you could continue the story without Digimon, but I don't think it would be a popular decision.)

I thought the MetalGreymon puppet looked awesome. And you gotta admire the ingenuity it took to create/function the puppet, and have it work in synergy with the screens. Seeing Etemon achieve his King form was a nice surprise. This really was a terrific companion piece to the Tri. Films. It's funny you say this was the anti-Episode 5, because after Co-Existence left a bit of sour taste in my mouth, this was a big shot to my enthusiasm for Tri. (That and the Confession Dub.)

Serial Experiments Lain:

Its interesting to see you guys so into this the past couple episodes.
    Wonder if it'll last or not.

Damn you've had a busy week.
    Last edited by McGann; 01-08-2018 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Just bolding the sections for presentational purposes.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Episode 137 - Devilmon Crybaby
    May and Jay sit down to discuss the Digimon Savers movie! May and Jay compare it to other Digimon movies including X-Evolution, wonder how to improve this movie, and wonder where Ikuto is.

Here’s our weekly poll!

Linkdump

Screenshots of the Week
    May
    Image Thumbnail
    Jay
    Image Thumbnail

Weekly Wonders
    - May: Hannibal
    - Jay: Rivals of Ixlan
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Episode 138 - Mon's Not Hot
    May and Jay finish off Savers by discussing the season overall, as well as giving a sad life update, mourn Yoshino's character, and look towards the future.
    Linkdump
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Sorry to hear about you and Jay, but its good to know it was on good terms. Looking forward to your Xross Wars coverage.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

And after a wait and May finally moving into an apartment...

Digimon Manga Special 10 - What's Next?

May is joined by Sam from the Moncast and Sporky from Going Digital to form a group known as 'Homostatis' and to cover the first volume of Digimon Next!

Hopefully the sound quality isn't too awful, apologies for any simultaneous talking.

Linkdump
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Follow Osuka On Twitter Add Osuka on Facebook
    I'm not sure if you have already answered this question but how is the recording for the weekly episodes go down? Will you be using discord/skype or are you and Jay still gonna record in the same room?

Quote Originally Posted by Osuka View Post
    I'm not sure if you have already answered this question but how is the recording for the weekly episodes go down? Will you be using discord/skype or are you and Jay still gonna record in the same room?
    As mentioned in the last Savers podcast, it will now be fortnightly. There's a blog post we made about it.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!

Huh. I had no idea that May and Jay were actually a couple. Thought they were just best friends. Hope it all works out for you. Glad to know that there will still be Lost in Translationmon manga episodes to look forward to for a while.

Good luck to you both.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.