With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 488895969798

Thread: [Digimon Podcast] Lost In Translationmon: Episode 129 - Protecc, Attacc, Overreacc

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    I meant the second time, when Daisuke didn't want to hurt MetalGreymon. Takeru then seemed to bully Daisuke for thinking things through.
    Is that like around the 16-minute mark ("Don't worry about us. Go for MetalGreymon.")? If so, I don't really see it that way.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

This really bugs me in Tri, as Hikari is treated like the special snowflake again, even though it makes no sense, as she's pretty much a chosen child vet by now, so giving her special evolution because she was the "special" addition in one series, but usually treated like a regular character in another is super jarring. This is why special snowflakes shouldn't be included in media, as stuff like this happens years later because nostalgia pandering. This is especially bad, as it also makes her overpowered because of all the battles she fought in 02 and kinda makes her look even more like a Mary Sue than Adventure. I'm not saying that goggle boys are any better, but they're usually not treated like Jesus and do have more character depth than regressing to "I was Jesus all along, let me show you my god Digimon who can fix/ruin everything" years later. Takeru in Adventure '99 kinda suffered from this too, but he was much more developed, due to being in the first few arcs and we got a good sense of the kind of person he is. I'm glad that Savers avoided this by having Daimon's little sister's Digimon shooed away.
    So you're saying that Hikari became Mary Sue-ish again in Tri just because she dark evolved her Digimon partner like her own brother did to his partner years before? Really? Yes, he's a Goggle Boy, but if anyone was going to have the ability to tap into that kind of power next, the person who shares a good chunk of his DNA might just be a good candidate for that. Both Taichi and Hikari are canonically capable of evolving Digimon without a Digivice. Now they can both Dark Evolve their partners to the next unlocked level. Out of the eight, half are two pairs of siblings, how much genes play a role is debatable but as for the events in Tri, I'm not surprised, at all. If Hikari is a Sue just because of a Dark Evolution, then Taichi is a Stu, protagonist or not.

Besides, this ability to mess up your Digimon so much they become the final boss about to kill you, doesn't sound so great for a "Sue-ish" power. I don't think the Chosen envy the Yagami's, do you?

If anyone sounds extra special different to what we already know it was Kaiser Ken, who devised a system that could Dark Evolve Digimon that were partnered to other people and actually control their power.

Also Meicoomon has the data of Apocalymon of all things, which was already some kind of mega fusion/jogress monster thing to begin with. That she would fuse with a Digimon born out of rage/grief does not exactly surprise me. All in all, I don't see how Hikari's situation is so out of place here?

Rewatching 02, I feel very sorry for Daisuke in the episode where he got the Digimental of friendship. First of all, when MetalGreymon runs rampant, Daisuke thinks things through... he doesn't want to hurt MetalGreymon, as it's Taichi's Digimon, but then Takeru runs up to Daisuke and punches him for "wasting time".
    What are you talking about? Takeru never punched Daisuke in episode 11. Also Daisuke made the first move every time.

And the reason he was upset about Daisuke "wasting time" there is because the Kaiser was about to put an Evil Spiral on Patamon. Meanwhile Daisuke is ordering Fladramon to do nothing in fear of hurting him, even at the risk of him being brainwashed and Dark Evolved into a Perfect (NeoDevimon? Oh that would have been interesting). Of course Takeru has a reason to flip out there.

I really hate how this episode is written to make Daisuke look bad, despite it actually making Takeru look like a huge out of character bully.
    I saw nothing in my opinion that made Takeru look like a bully, he was being rational (minus Patamon getting kidnapped)and Daisuke was wavering in a way that made their situation even more dangerous. And Taichi and Yamato pushed Daisuke to fight in this episode too, even getting fed up enough with his waffling over trying the Digimental that they threw him towards it. Let's not single out only Takeru.

As for Daisuke not knowing he had to fight MetalGreymon... well, maybe he came to the conclusion that spirals are much harder to break.
    So... Letting Ken keep Agumon as a pet was supposed to be a viable alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Chakmon View Post
    I partly think they had Takeru play the role that Yamato would have played in that position, but they needed a character in Daisuke's own age group.
    There was blatant Taichi vs Yamato symbolism in Daisuke and Takeru's first argument, but Takeru wasn't the one playing the role of "Yamato"...

http://yesyoshiposts.tumblr.com/post...ichi-vs-yamato

Which makes sense considering which Digimental Daisuke would be receiving in this episode.

If Yamato punched Daisuke it could have been seen as bullying by an older kid. So Takeru had to take the role by default, even though it did feel a little out of character.
    Where did the idea that Takeru punched Daisuke come from? Really, I'm baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakmon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Technically, Daisuke was the one who jumped at Takeru...
    *eyes roll*. Daisuke.... you’re so jealous of Takeru and his relationship with Hikari (read than anyway your head cannon requires) that you keep trying to out-Takeru Takeru. When if you just eased up (even slightly) with macking-on Hikari, you’d probably develop a relationship uniquely your own, instead of just being the butt of jokes and teasing all season. We get it... you like her (though god only knows why...?). To me a lot of that punch was frustrations with jealousy. Daisuke suffers under the hand of his own pride. And not quietly, but publicly, for the whole world’s entertainment. I get why he sucks to everyone. He does a lot of bad and poorly thought out things....but his heart was in the right place by the end of that episode. he’s alsomean to his sister which is bad... but I’m not a big June fan myself....
    Daisuke didn't punch Takeru either. There was no punching in this episode between them. Just a lot of grabbing. By Taichi and Yamato standards their "fighting" was pathetic lol.

The Daihika crush needed to be handled differently if they were even going to go there I agree. Daisuke's and Takeru's relationship really needs an overhaul in how it was addressed. Daisuke himself needs a rewrite, he deserved better.
    Last edited by Random; 11-15-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon's Xbox Live Profile
    Episode 129 - Protecc, Attacc, Overreacc

May and Jay talk about blondes beating up brunettes, dark evolutions, and more running themes between seasons of Digimon. Jay is ready to throw the season out of a window and May is ready to throw Jay out of a window.

We have two weekly polls this week! They can both be found here!

Also who is right about Thoma's heel turn; May or Jay?

Linkdump

Screenshots of the Week
    May
    Image Thumbnail
    Jay
    Image Thumbnail

Weekly Wonders
    - May: Speed skating
    - Jay: Power lifting
    "I'm stylin' dude!"
    Currently raising: Nothing

Current Digivice completion: English D3 v2 (Map 4)
    Next: EU D-Power v2, EU D-Power v1, English D-tector v1, English D-Tector v3
    Currently learning and playing: Digimon Anode Tamer.

My Digimon Podcast

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    OK, I think Jay raises some good points, given that he doesn't know how Thomas's betrayal ends.
    So I didn't vote in the poll. Like with Kurata, I think the way things turn out might fix most of the issues he had with it.
    On Marcus's deep voice, that was just him entering Ripper Mode.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Daisuke didn't punch Takeru either. There was no punching in this episode between them. Just a lot of grabbing. By Taichi and Yamato standards their "fighting" was pathetic lol.

The Daihika crush needed to be handled differently if they were even going to go there I agree. Daisuke's and Takeru's relationship really needs an overhaul in how it was addressed. Daisuke himself needs a rewrite, he deserved better.
    Sucks that Tri won't address Daisuke's existence. :/ I really think that Tri should have included all of the main kids, instead of just the well written ones (and Yamato). Urg, but it's not like we'll get a 02 movie series after Tri or anything.

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon's Xbox Live Profile
    Takeshi, I hope Tri does give us some 02 kids moments. I feel like the writers could fix any issues I have with the way that the characters in 02 are written.
    Though I doubt that Tri has the time now. >.>
    02 deserved better as it was my favourite season as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    On Marcus's deep voice, that was just him entering Ripper Mode.
    Oh god
    "I'm stylin' dude!"
    Currently raising: Nothing

Current Digivice completion: English D3 v2 (Map 4)
    Next: EU D-Power v2, EU D-Power v1, English D-tector v1, English D-Tector v3
    Currently learning and playing: Digimon Anode Tamer.

My Digimon Podcast

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 488895969798