With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 387885868788

Thread: [Digimon Podcast] Lost In Translationmon: Episode 116 and AppliEpisode 45

Thumbs Up Appmon 45

I think this is one of the best filler episodes I've ever seen! Agumon recognizing Haru was so sweet! And young Haru playing on the DS with Ai was so cute! Haruharuman! Gatchmon making fun of his lame name was the best (who hasn't been there?) The fact that Haru had an Agumon playing Digimon Universe when he was younger was so cute... In some ways Haru is Taichi! It's really making me love Haru as a character even more. The digivolution to WarGreymon and fighting together with Globemon was good. I think for a filler episode this all came together pretty well. And poor Caught-Up Man might miss his flight.... nooooooooo! I absolutely love how this episode opened with that kid playing his 3DS game at the airport gate and everything went crazy and he was like.. "wha???"

How everything played out at Nakano Broadstreet was hilarious as well. Dokamon loving the Eri figure (who hasn't been there) and Eri getting recognized and all her reactions. And then Astra's opposite reaction to fully bathe in the attention. It was so great! Like I said, this may be the best filler episode I've ever seen, and it had just enough Digimon nostalgia to make it super sweet!

I think my only minuses might be that Uratechmon was a bit anticlimactic. Decent design, but such a build-up with those menacing eyes in the sky to turn out to be such a little guy. And Hajime is sort of becoming the Appmon Koushiro.... not sure how I feel about that.... Although I do appreciate Rei's slightly pared-down emo look now that Hajime is found. He looked good in that white shirt (a new look??) and I love the sheep-leaping-the-fence poster that was behind him....

Agumon being in the "game world" and wanting to help his game world friends... got me thinking about in '99 there was just a digital world with some loosely defined areas. What made File Island so much different than the Continent of Server, other than size?? After almost 20-years the digital space has become more defined and sharply specialized.. it's interesting Agumon is in a game world in the Appmon world. It does make som sense, now that a "DigiWorld" is kind of ubiquitous and not particularly unique today, that specialization and further subdividing would follow. It's making me rethink my opinion on the Xros Wars presentation of worlds and zones... Anyway, Haru hugging Agumon was so cute and a fell for all the sappiness of it hook-line-and-sinker... (I'm such a sucker)

I'm looking forward to May and Jay's summary and opinion.... I felt the urge to post my thoughts right after I watched on this one... Nice filler! And an Astra episode coming up next week!! Super psyched! I've loved Astra since the beginning!!! (although he lost me for one episode with the whole farting thing trying to outdo Eri.... that was a bit much...) Anyway... Haru is a great gogglehead! Now we need some fan art of him with all the other goggleheads to make it official! I also learned what an IoT device is in this episode! Neat!
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon's Xbox Live Profile
    Well Chakmon, I hope you enjoy our coverage!
    I'm looking forward to the Astra episode too even if it does seem to be filler.

AppliEpisode 45 - Show Me Your Brave App
    Let's see how effective an episode aimed to hit nostalgia buttons is...

Also just a heads up; we'll be releasing our next V-Tamer episode on Wednesday. We're super excited to hear people's thoughts!

EDIT: I AM SO MAD FOR NOT MENTIONING THIS BUT EPISODE 116 WAS OUR 200TH EPISODE!
    Last edited by Airdramon; Today at 04:13 AM.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"
    Currently raising: Nothing

Current Digivice completion: English D3 v2 (Map 4)
    Next: EU D-Power v2, EU D-Power v1, English D-tector v1, English D-Tector v3
    Currently learning and playing: Digimon Anode Tamer.

My Digimon Podcast

Savers 7/8

Now I have a long-standing record of decrying the lame changes and dumbing-down of character, scene and story that results from the localization of Digimon to be "suitable" for American audiences and U.S. broadcast television... I am constantly amazed that time and money are spent to create a inferior product... where else in the world does this exist!?... Before dub-lovers reply that this is all subjective, and I'm just a dub-hater, rare cases do exist where I like the English Version: Davis' voice, Tai's voice, I think I like English Version Yoshi's voice more too... and I would count Citramon as one of those things too! Can you imagine a giant orange rampaging through an amusement park!?! And we got to get all those horrible puns injected into the dialogue. "you're gonna get juiced!" The dumb concept of "flooding the park." The green explosions...??? So dumb... but the idea that someone put deliberate work into this for changes, and we got a stomping giant orange, in the aggregate, is hilariously awesome!! somewhere, at sometime, in some conference room, a GROUP of people concluded this was a "good idea"... WOW!

What I didn't like about the English in Episode 7 was that Thomas' plan was NOT a secret. His plan being secret in the original made all his actions on-the-side way funnier! I want to try monjayaki!
    Episode 8, I LOVE Keramon! I don't really like any of his evolutions... but Keramon is super cute and weird and a bit scary... I always think if Jim Henson made a Digimon it would be Keramon.. he looks so muppet-like! Probably just because he has that Kermit-the-Frog collar... Crazy Giggle is such a great attack too! The most confusing thing in this episode was the gas... and Greymon's use of fire attacks causing no explosion.... whaaaaa???? As Jay said, the need to put the whole gas line thing it didn't seem necessary to begin with.... why ruin your own scene?? so confusing! The ending of this episode made me pretty sad... The idea that Yoshino was erasing Neon's memory of Keramon and Neon knowing Yoshino during this time was pretty sad. I felt badly fr both of them, but mostly Yoshino, because she would carry the burden of remembering and the results of these necessary actions... but then Jay just smacked me in the face with reality in the show.... and... DigiSoul charge! Neon could just be reminded of everything by watching any TV newscast! I no longer need to feel sad, and another plot hole exposed! Sometimes that Jay guy is pretty smart!

What's funny about this show being produced in Australia is.... when you guys are suffering through cold/flu season, I'm dying in the heat and humidity.... and when you guys are baking to a crisp in the sun, I'm buried in snow and cold and wondering why my heating bill is so high..... do they grow grapefruit in Australia? Grapefruit is my only saving grace of winter... yum yum yum! My favorite fruit (white not pink)! May, I'm a bit concerned about the length of time your voice has been "out"... I admire your commitment to the production though! You are amazing! (I hope you got some antibiotics or something, I would thing this is lasting longer than a normal cold or flu would) Congrats on Episode 200!!! You guys rock!
    Kachikachi Kocchin!

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 387885868788