With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370 ... LastLast

Thread: [Digimon Podcast] Lost In Translationmon: Digimon Manga Special 3 - He Has Wings Now

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Airdramon View Post
    I did that the first few times it happened but now it doesn't fix it. It's annoying.

Also the episode is all fixed now!
    Type your first paragraph, then on your second, type any letter, then hit left-space, and you should be able to makes spaces as long as you stay behind that letter.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I know this is sort of late, but in the Message in a Packet part you left out the part where Yamaki put a firewall on the portal to the digital world because he wanted to keep the dangers of it out of the real world and Takato (who doesn't have any real experience with computers) hacked into Hypnos to disable the firewall, which is why Yamaki ended up putting cement over it. When Jay said Takato should've turned evil trying to get Guilmon back, he kind of did by putting the world at risk trying to get in to the digital world.
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon's Xbox Live Profile
    Thanks for the tips about fixing the weirdness. It seems to not be happening anymore now anyway so hopefully it's fixed for now.

Oops Hakase, I guess I skipped that, I was pretty sick when we did that episode - so the quality of our recording kinda suffered.
    Thanks for letting us know!

Anyway onto this week's AppliEpisode!

AppliEpisode 22 - A WinRar Is You!

Remember that time you listened to our podcast? Wasn't that great? You gave us five stars on iTunes and said that you thought we were thought provoking.

You can find May's AppliRanking here!
    "I'm stylin' dude!"
    Currently raising: Nothing

Current Digivice completion: English D3 v2 (Map 4)
    Next: EU D-Power v2, EU D-Power v1, English D-tector v1, English D-Tector v3
    Currently learning and playing: Digimon Anode Tamer.

My Digimon Podcast

Frontier 17/18

I never get sick of watching these kids crash land in places... the animations are priceless! I also love the Digimon cameos. Great scene setting.

May, I really like Japanese Arbormon too, he's hilarious. Dub Arbormon isn't as good, but I don't mind the English voices overall for the Digimon Legendary Spirit baddies. They're funny enough for cartoon baddies, and they make me hate Grumblemon a bit less when I hear all the other voices.

What made these two episodes great:
    • Takuya USES his goggles on the raft/toboggan ride!
    • Tomoki is written well (I like when he yells at Nanomon at first to "give them back!" like it was Nanomon who stole the D-Scanners.)
    • Tomoki helps the Toucanmon
    • Digimon cameos (a drinking Etemon?!)
    • Fun trailmon race!
    • Doggymon!!! Laughing like Muttley! (though I'm more familiar with "Mumbly" the Laff-A-Lympics Muttley knock-off from The Really Rottens team on USA's Cartoon Express when I was a kid)The greatest part of this episode is at the end, when BlackWarGarurumon's (BWG) train is disabled, and Dogmon makes that laugh, and BWG just punches him in the face! That was priceless!
    • Dogmon get some animation (stretchy!) and he gets an official ID!
    • Tomoki waving bye to Izumi as he passes her was cute!

The ingredients are all hear, but the overall writing is so bad, and the story premise forced, if not created on the spot. How long did trailmon ticketing exist!?! Dumb...

I guess I'm looking forward to watching the movie next week... May! You broke the momentum of some of my favorite episodes here back-to-back. We went from the beach episode, to a trailmon race, and next was the Burgermon episode! Now I have to wait a whole extra week! If there's one thing I demand from my anime it's the bonuses: a beach episode, and a cooking episode (or some kind of school cultural fair or something) and Digimon Frontier delivers! (music/singing episodes are fun too).

Two things I don't get about Episode 18:
    Why Chakmon just lets go of Takuya flying in the air (just before Takuya Spirit Evolves) and
    why Peti Meramon (Baby 2) are never properly introduced in the mines? They're so cute.... but careful, they burn! (see the ID writes itself..!)

May, you should redo the picking your favorite Human Spirit vote again later, once Jay gets to see all the Human Spirit characters in action..

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Tomoki's focus episode was fine. Random thought, but with the not-Space Invaders game machine I think it would have made more sense for the player character to be Ikkakumon. He shoots missiles from his head, and it would have been a neat, subtle way of foreshadowing the Beast Spirit of Ice. Which itself was very "Oh by the way it's here now" in time for the battle. Was funny how Izumi and Junpei were conveniently being useful off-screen by competing for train tickets that they didn't actually need until now. Frontier's gonna Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakmon View Post
    The greatest part of this episode is at the end, when BlackWarGarurumon's (BWG) train is disabled, and Dogmon makes that laugh, and BWG just punches him in the face! That was priceless!
    That almost made up for Takuya predictably winning the race XD

I agree with Jay's idea of Neemon coming back from way behind and winning, that would have been way more interesting and much funnier, but... Frontier's gonna Frontier, even in the filler episodes

Random note. In Space Patrol Luluco and Alpha Omega Nova share the same voice actors with Hikari and Takeru's in Digimon Adventure Tri.

Appmon 22

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    ... with the not-Space Invaders game machine I think it would have made more sense for the player character to be Ikkakumon. He shoots missiles from his head, and it would have been a neat, subtle way of foreshadowing the Beast Spirit of Ice.
    YES to this! they missed a great opportunity to link Frontier with Adventure.
    "Frontier's gonna Frontier" says it all.... love it!

Appmon:
    Episode 22 was decent. It's nice to see how Rei and Hackmon interact together and this was probably the only way it could be shown. We get to see quite a bit more of Hackmon's character here, and it was really cute to see him just chillin' on the couch drinking chuchu juice (like Rei.) Is there a significant difference between a "partner" in Digimon and a "buddy" in Appmon? I'm not sure.... but the Appmon seem to have more agency overall, though that could just be better writing... I did like the robot shopkeep, and how Rei ended up getting his AppliDrive. The "keyboard hacking" interface Rei has to assist Hackmon was pretty cool too. I really wish they would use this concept more in battles. As a rhythm game lover, I really want to see how the "beat of Astra's heart" comes thru his musical interface to help Musimon in battle... "No Musimon, no life-u!" (still my favorite) And Eri's gaming interface for Dokamon is sweet! I hate seeing such a great concept recede to a mere gimmick to lure you in at the beginning and then disappears.

The only question left is why do I like Mienumon so much now!? At first her CGI look was jarring, and I was like "no! I do not accept this!" and the goth Lolita look is so passe... but after about 10-episodes of Mienumon's -shi... I like her now. weird. She must have dark magical powers.

Quick note on May's fan fiction:
    Hawkmon ordering birdseed pizza! Super cute! And I love the ending music used for this segment. Is it from Digimon Story or something? The only game I'm familiar with is Digimon World DS.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalguy View Post
    Random note. In Space Patrol Luluco and Alpha Omega Nova share the same voice actors with Hikari and Takeru's in Digimon Adventure Tri.
    Interesting! And that's not the only former teammate Hikari's voice actor joined for Tri.

In Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Mao Ichimichi (Hikari) was Gokai Yellow, and Junya Ikeda (Jo) was Gokai Silver.

EDIT:
    One more thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Airdramon View Post
    Episode 93 - Where's Wallymon
    Fixed [/obligatorybritishjoke]
    Last edited by wildwing64; 03-16-2017 at 06:06 AM.

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon's Xbox Live Profile
    Wildwing64, I think I called him Wally in the episode but I think most people know him as Waldo. He's Wally in Australia though.
    Chakmon, I mention this is episode 94 but the song is the File City Day theme from Next 0rder and Digimon World.

Anyway, onto the episode for this week!

Episode 94 - DigiEgg is Not On Crash

Tale as old as time apparently.
    May and Jay watch the 'just okay' Frontier movie which, unfortunately, is plagued by the fact Frontier is involved meaning that unless your name is Takuya or Kouji you're probably not going to be doing much. May tries to work out when this movie takes place in the timeline and realises that all the problems in this movie would have been solved by Shutumon.

Linkdump

You can find our weekly poll here!

Screenshots of the Week
    May
    Image Thumbnail
    Jay
    Image Thumbnail

Weekly Wonders
    May: Oolong tea
    Jay: Going on a diet
    Last edited by Airdramon; 03-17-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"
    Currently raising: Nothing

Current Digivice completion: English D3 v2 (Map 4)
    Next: EU D-Power v2, EU D-Power v1, English D-tector v1, English D-Tector v3
    Currently learning and playing: Digimon Anode Tamer.

My Digimon Podcast

Thumbs Down Digimon Movie 7 - Revival of the Ancient Digimon, Ornithmon

I did not like this movie much at all. My main thought about this movie is: if I wanted to watch a Pokémon movie, I would have watched a Pokémon movie. This whole idea of "Ancient" Type Digimon with its legendary mythos has always been hard for me to buy-into. They basically take ancient human mythology and repackage it as Digi-mythology. One would think the DigiWorld would have its own unique mythos possibly with its own elementals system since DigiWorld development happened so differently compared to man's history on Earth. This whole Digimon ancients mythos that is part of Frontier just strikes me as so lazy and unimaginative. And speaking of lazy and unimaginative, the stupid Human vs. Beast-type Digimon battle continues to be the dividing line of Digimon socio-political conflict, when this system makes absolutely no sense considering the very confusing and poorly developed Type/Attribute/Field/Group "system" (I use that term VERY generously) that already exists for Digimon. What is the criteria for siding with the Human Digimon? Do you have to be bipedal, humanoid, or what? Are the Beast Digimon basically just the quadrapeds, and any other Digimon that are primarily furry??? It's just such a dumb premise for dividing Digimon, and it's the whole basis upon which Frontier's story is built. It's so frustrating! Even if they created this legend pitting Vaccine Attribute Digimon against Virus Attributes, that would have made more sense....

Just as an example, my buddy Chakmon (along with 28-other Digimon) are classified as "Beast-Man" Type Digimon... Who are they supposed to side with in this stupid world battle, Human or Beast Digimon?? And this whole idea that the Ancient Digimons would have some kind of Aztec-like ruins and the like... I can buy into that for an episode or something, but not as a foundation for Digimon ancient history... it feels too much like a Pokémon story... not very digital.... And speaking of "not very digital" another reason I don't like this movie: Dinohumon. He's dumb. He looks like he walked out of another cartoon show like TMNT or something. And I'm with Jay on that he looks more like a shark than a dinosaur. Plus we already have a dinosaur Digimon, his name is Agumon. Dinohumon is stupid looking, and I don't like him here, or in the episodes where he appears in Xros Wars. Bad Digimon! (though I would never say that to his face... he'd probably kill me...) the overall story had some interesting turns and developments (as you discussed in the podcast) but I am so done with this Human vs. Beast thing that only exists in the stupid story world of Frontier. Just stop with the "epic" legendary story telling Frontier, and get back to what you do best, a crying Tomoki, a sour Kouji, a loving (but hard-headed) Takuya, and all the rest...

I think the only good things to come out of this movie were: (1) plenty of fodder for TakuyaXKouji shipping (if you're into that... which Jay obviously is not...) and (2) those awesomely colored, brightly lit tanks that looked more like crazy bumpers on a video pinball game than a tank! And YES to everything Jay said about the tanks. Why do they need them!? This is the first time we've ever seen tanks (or militarized weaponry) in the Digiworld... whaaaaa!?!?! Best parts of the movie: (1) Takuya sneezing on Kouji, (2) the whole sneezing/runny nose gag on the log, (3) any time Kouji and Takuya are in each other's face holding one another by the shirt collar (ship!) (which happens quite a bit... they are very set against one another in this movie) and (4) Tomoki when he said he's pretty good at figuring out jigsaw puzzles (you knew a Tomoki moment was going to be in my best parts!) Overall, this movie was garbage.