With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion or Xros Wars?

Ain't got no mojo... Noirangel00's Avatar
    Follow Noirangel00 on DeviantArt

Fusion or Xros Wars?

I've only seen a few episodes of Xros, so I guess I can't actually have too much of a base knowledge on this topic, but so far I'm a much bigger fan of Fusion (which I've watched every one of about five times). I don't know if it's because I watched Fusion first or what, but the Japanese sub version just seems too literal and over-simplified. Like they don't really do sarcasm or anything like they do in the dub version. I feel this way towards a few other shows too (Sword Art Online's the only one that comes to mind). Am I the only one who feels this way?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I haven't watched Fusion, but judging from what I've read of other people's reactions, it suffers from the usual Digimon dub weakness of constantly inserting lame attempts at humor regardless of the situation (along with assorted censorship and name change stupidity). The original versions of Digimon anime are always better in my opinion.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I don't like hentai so I'm going with neither.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Tamer View Post
    Uh, neither are hentai. Sure Mervamon is rather suggestive, but far from Hentai.

As for me, it's a mixture of both. Mostly for the music, being able to appreciate the original. The dub for not having Taiki as an outright stu

The emotional range feels more natural to me, as an American, and I don't doubt that's simply culture shock rather than an actual objective difference in quality.

The rampant inconsistency in how anything is named is intensely frustrating to the point of distraction, though. Imagine if you were watching Spiderman 2 and Doctor Octopus kept claiming he was Spiderman.

Xros Wars. For all of the original's flaws, the dub just piled more on top of them. And for all of the original's best aspects, the dub either lessened them or removed them outright. Fusion is a washed down, halfhearted, neutered version of the original story.

A recent example of the dub's typical handiwork came in the latest two episodes, in which virtually all of the emotional weight in Ballistamon's trying to get Shoutmon back from Olegmon, and then in Shoutmon's trying to do the same for Ballistamon in the next episode, was completely watered down and reduced to a much happier tone of cheekiness, as though the dubbers feel that kids can't handle emotional and character-heavy situations. Not to mention that it was literally Ballistamon's only time in the spotlight where his character got to be explored, and yet the dub took out practically all of the substance it had in the original.
    Last edited by Sabrblade; 04-10-2015 at 08:23 AM.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Uh, neither are hentai. Sure Mervamon is rather suggestive, but far from Hentai.
    Lets see we got a 10 year old girl, Mervamon and what ever that weird thing was on lilithmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    Imagine if you were watching Spiderman 2 and Doctor Octopus kept claiming he was Spiderman.
    That was the 2013 comic storyline for Spider-Man actually.

Lets see we got a 10 year old girl, Mervamon and what ever that weird thing was on lilithmon.
    If you want to make an actual complaint about one version of the show or another, feel free, otherwise, move along to a different topic.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Xros Wars by far. The music, the depth of the characters, the realism ... Anyway I must admit that Fusion is not that bad.

It's a mix for me. I prefer the dub for some things like Taiki and the voice acting, while other aspects I feel the Japanese version is better like the music.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast