With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Fusion or Xros Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    I'm going to assume that you never watched Linkara's History of Power Rangers retrospective cause otherwise your comment about me being wrong absolutely no sense whatsoever since he goes into an excruciating amount of detail regarding the sheer amount of meddling Disney did during its tenor.

Everything I have said came from people doing production for Power Rangers and if you don't believe me, feel free to ask Linkara himself.
    I don't particularly care what Linkara says (his videos have their own narrative that often doesn't quite mesh with reality, in the same way that Amit, who wrote for Power Rangers, often gives background information that was what Amit 'wanted' to do, rather than any actual official plans.)

I know the people who archived and wrote down the history for that fandom, the people who originally gave Linkara his information, along with people who worked on various seasons (in fact, me and lost were both a, reasonably small but necessary, part of the team that put together the PR fandom convention prior to the first convention being held.)

They weren't particularly more exciting production wise, the stories are just more fun to tell (and due to the era more fun stories are known.)

Saban
    David Yost being gay bashed by higher production crew causing him to walk off and never return.
    Various cast members arguing with crew, leaving, sometimes in the middle of filming.
    Zeo being an inversion of the production of the show to decrease production cost.
    The head writer working so hard he quit after basically having a nervous breakdown
    The head composer not being involved anymore due to lack of credit, money, or even real amounts of time to do the work.

Disney
    Studio put together quickly and originally had a documentary maker doing poor ADR work.
    Person in charge of RPM not working on a live action show before and Disney throwing them out.
    The person in charge for a number of seasons treating it as a producing job rather than a more creative endeavor.
    The writers strike and the rumors and heresay it brought.
    The MMPR 'remaster' and a member of that team actively taunting fans.

There are of course many more stories, but the fact of the matter is, the legends and stories of the Disney era are simply more fun to hear than those of the Saban era, and better known.

It's sort of like people passing around that his name is Billy Cranston, naming him after a loyal character actor who later went on and became one of the greatest actors of the modern world, when the truth is... we have documentation and evidence the name was being used in production materials earlier when Saban was shopping the show around and the name was a fun coincidence.

Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Fair enough.

My point was that people are bashing Neo-Saban when, apart from missteps with Samurai and Megaforce do to Jonathan Tzachor, they weren't any worst than the Disney era and in fact I'd consider Dino Charge one the best Power Rangers series to date even accounting the sheer absurdity of the ending.

Bare in mind that Saban hadn't done a Power Rangers series or a Digimon dub in almost a decade so a warming up period should have been expected which was not helped by the problems Nickelodeon and the CW caused.

And hell, you freely admitted that Disney didn't want Digimon or Power Rangers in the first place which could at least partially explain why they were more than happy to sell both series back to Saban when all was said and done.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 10-17-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Completely digital
    I'm going to assume that you never watched Linkara's History of Power Rangers retrospective cause otherwise your comment about me being wrong makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since he goes into an excruciating amount of detail regarding the sheer amount of meddling Disney did during its tenor.

Everything I have said came from people doing production for Power Rangers and if you don't believe me, feel free to ask Linkara himself.

Linkara is not a valid source. He fully admitted to getting his info second hand and from wikis (which are notably terrible for getting information from anything other than so and so character debuted in this episode and this episode was written and directed by so and so) he's wrong a lot of the time and I'm not sure what makes you think he's a credible source.

Bare in mind that Saban hadn't done a Power Rangers series or a Digimon dub in almost a decade so a warming up period should have been expected which was not helped by the problems Nickelodeon and the CW caused.
    That's really not accurate. While Tzachor the show runner hadn't been involved with Power Ranger in 9 years between Wild Force and Samurai a lot of the show's directors for the Saban Brands era had directed episodes for the Disney seasons being all New Zealand based and while some of the writers were veterans a lot were completely brand new to Power Rangers (not that it mattered since 90 percent of Samurai was translated from the Sentai) most of the Samurai/Megaforce writers being more experienced with anime dubs than anything including Seth Walther who wrote for multiple Digimon series since the Zero Two dub.

And hell, you freely admitted that Disney didn't want Digimon or Power Rangers in the first place which could at least partially explain why they were more than happy to sell both series back to Saban when all was said and done.
    Just because I buy cake and ice cream for the cake doesn't mean I won't eat and enjoy the ice cream. Disney got Saban's library of shows in their purchase of Fox Family Worldwide but it wasn't like eeeew no get those shows away from me. They let Power Rangers Wild Force and Digimon Frontier get done without much interference. And were willing to allow production for Power Rangers to move to New Zealand instead of cancelling the show as planned when convinced they could reduce production cost that way. And they allowed Revenge of Diaboromon and the Tamer(s) and Frontier movies to be dubbed even though they had no reason to by that point.

And they actually did promote Power Rangers fairly well up until Overdrive.
    Last edited by DontStopPataPata; 11-28-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567