With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: Fusion or Xros Wars?

  1. #51
    Junior Commander Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    262
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
    I wish the dubbers did not have a needless hard on for changing "omega" to "omni"
    Not really their fault, since he was Omnimon for so long. The name Omegamon makes no sense for Fusion.

    Anyway I'm watching season subbed because we clearly will never get it dubbed and so far it's ehhhhh, Fusion is better although that's probably because no one likes Hunters.

  2. #52
    I'm going digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    471
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
    I wish the dubbers did not have a needless hard on for changing "omega" to "omni"
    Not really their fault, since he was Omnimon for so long.
    Hell, this is why the fact that it suddenly switched back to Omegamon as of Digimon World: Next Order has become a source of frustration for the wikia, not helped by the fact that FAQs aren't even bothering to use the actual translation of the damn game itself making it hard to gauge the actual quality of the localization.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 03-11-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  3. #53
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    I've seen a bit of Fusion and I definitely prefer Xros Wars hands down no matter what

  4. #54
    Could someone explain, why Saban is so famous because of their version of 'Digimon'? I cannot understand that they are very popular, after Saban sells only the own version to other country's not the original. After Japanese stuff of the series Germany got Sabans version of XrosWars with a terrible dub, inclusive terrible editing of the season. I do not like trivialization.
    As if that were not enough, Saban is banning videos on YouTube with content of previous seasons they have nothing to do with, because it is material from German Dub. KSM and TMG do nothing against Reviews and AMVs with some screens from Tamers or others. Saban is banning videos that criticize the german Version of XrosWars and using XrosWars Logo, not Fusion Logos.
    I have never liked this company before. Disney did better PowerRangers and other series they toked from Saban.
    Last edited by MedievalDukemon; 10-16-2017 at 07:17 AM.

  5. #55
    Junior Commander Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    262
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by MedievalDukemon View Post
    Saban sells only the own version to other country's not the original.
    I mean, Pokemon USA do this too. They sell the rights to the English dub, for the other countries to dub over it. It's just how it works for western anime for the most part. It'll be dubbed into the English and then the dub will be dubbed into other languages. For Pokemon and what you said, anyway I guess.

  6. #56
    Junior Commander Vice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by MedievalDukemon View Post
    Could someone explain, why Saban is so famous because of their version of 'Digimon'? I cannot understand that they are very popular, after Saban sells only the own version to other country's not the original. After Japanese stuff of the series Germany got Sabans version of XrosWars with a terrible dub, inclusive terrible editing of the season. I do not like trivialization.
    As if that were not enough, Saban is banning videos on YouTube with content of previous seasons they have nothing to do with, because it is material from German Dub. KSM and TMG do nothing against Reviews and AMVs with some screens from Tamers or others. Saban is banning videos that criticize the german Version of XrosWars and using XrosWars Logo, not Fusion Logos.
    I have never liked this company before. Disney did better PowerRangers and other series they toked from Saban.
    Same thing happened in Latin America, for the first five seasons all of the series were dubbed using the original Japanese version as a point of reference. When Xros Wars came along, Latin America received a dubbed Fusion instead of Xros Wars, but that was mainly because Saban had a partnership with Cartoon Network Latin America to license and air their shows. I also think that the international markets for anime distribution and dubbing have changed since the late 90ís-00ís. I donít know about Germany, but I know in Mexicoís case back in the heyday of anime you had small companies that dubbed and distributed anime straight from Japan, many of those have now disappeared. So I guess the only shot at getting some anime now is if itís brought in from the U.S or elsewhere by Saban or someone else, or maybe itís more cost effective to import from the video from the U.S. vs Japan, who knows.

    I myself like I said in previous post did not like Fusion, but I feel that way about most English Digimon dubs now. Xros Wars is an okay series.
    Last edited by Vice; 10-16-2017 at 11:26 PM.

  7. #57
    I'm going digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    471
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I would also note that contrary to what some on here want to believe, Disney's handling of both Power Ranger and Digimon was absolutely abysmal. While the Disney era for Power Rangers wasn't as bad as people thought it was, it was not the best time for either franchise from a production standpoint as Disney clearly had no idea how to manage either and were not interested in spending money on either franchise anymore than they strictly had to since the franchises were not Disney's own creations.

    Hell, the only reason they even bought both series in the first place was for them be played in reruns of Mighty Morphin through Wild Force and Adventure through Tamers on their own channels and they had absolutely zero interest in dubbing Frontier and Data Squad or continuing Power Rangers after Wild Force in the first place and were effectively forced to by Jetix Europe with whom Disney under contract. At one point, a Disney executive even told the production staff of Power Rangers to "just dub the sentai".

    Frankly, I fucking astounded that Frontier and Data Squad's dubs and the Disney era of Power Rangers weren't complete, unmitigated disasters given how much of a nightmare the production was behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 10-16-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    I would also note that contrary to what some on here want to believe, Disney's handling of both Power Ranger and Digimon was absolutely abysmal. While the Disney era for Power Rangers wasn't as bad as people thought it was, it was not the best time for either franchise from a production standpoint as Disney clearly had no idea how to manage either and were not interested in spending money on either franchise anymore than they strictly had to since the franchises were not Disney's own creations.
    You say that, but it's not like Disney actually 'did' anything bad for Rangers. They put up the money to start a new production company, and minus a handful of times when things went to hell, left them to their own devices.

    Frankly, Rangers was cancelled, it was done. Had Sloane not shown up and pitched what he did, with the ability to do it with very little time (while setting up a production studio), that would have been it.

    I don't like plenty of those seasons, but they were successful enough that Disney left them alone until such time it wasn't worth their effort to deal with. Once it wasn't worth their effort to deal with, they sold it.

    Hell, the only reason they even bought both series in the first place was for them be played in reruns of Mighty Morphin through Wild Force and Adventure through Tamers on their own channels and they had absolutely zero interest in dubbing Frontier and Data Squad or continuing Power Rangers after Wild Force in the first place and were effectively forced to by Jetix Europe with whom Disney under contract. At one point, a Disney executive even told the production staff of Power Rangers to "just dub the sentai".
    So much of this is wrong I can't even comment minus saying it's wrong to be honest.

    And frankly, they didn't "buy" Power Rangers or Digimon to air reruns. They just happened to be in the box with the thing Disney bought. They didn't want the shows.

    Frankly, I fucking astounded that Frontier and Data Squad's dubs and the Disney era of Power Rangers weren't complete, unmitigated disasters given how much of a nightmare the production was behind the scenes.
    They didn't dub Data Squad.

    And honestly, production wasn't much of a nightmare at all, no more so than anywhere else in either franchise.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  9. #59
    I'm going digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    471
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I'm going to assume that you never watched Linkara's History of Power Rangers retrospective cause otherwise your comment about me being wrong makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since he goes into an excruciating amount of detail regarding the sheer amount of meddling Disney did during its tenor.

    Everything I have said came from people doing production for Power Rangers and if you don't believe me, feel free to ask Linkara himself.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 11-08-2017 at 07:39 PM.

  10. #60
    but I know in Mexicoís case back in the heyday of anime you had small companies that dubbed and distributed anime straight from Japan, many of those have now disappeared.
    The companies had changed, but are still there. The German Homevideo Publisher of Digimon began with buying blind Digimon Fusion meanwhile it was on air on a new TV channel. The German Dub was made from UK, the finished show (edited and dubbed) was buyed from Saban and the German companies who has buyed that had no idea what exactly what they have buyed. KSM, the German Homevideo Publisher, stoped early to make advertising for there Fusion DVDs, while some Online TV channels offers Fusion to watch online, but this channel is already offline. The line up of the early Digimon seasons inclusive Adventure tri. is well running and KSM is doing advertising for it. It seams KSM and NamcoBandai working together, I do not know it exactly but it seams how I said.

    Fusion is a very weak production in Germany is it a shame in contract to earlier productions. But it seems to me, that Saban is very popular for their editings in USA. I cannot understand it. In general, the first movie compilation from Fox had only access because it was shown in more cinemas and longer than the Adventer tri. movies but I am more entertained from them than the Fox Kids movie. Fusion I have not even seen and I do not want do this.
    Additional, I have buyed Digimon Rumble AllStars because I do not know it best. This game was a one more lesson for bad games. The new games that come from Japan are good and entertaining, but this only Saban Release was terrible.
    On YouTube they are deleting videos with contant of Digimon earlier Digimon Seasons from countries who had never Sabans Digimon products.

    @PowerRangers:
    I do not like PowerRangers in general. The dealings are lame, the performance of the most actors should not even be nominated for a Strewberry, the 'jokes' are usually terrible and the characters are moving clichees (the white skin leader, his only problem are self doubts but he is growing as leader but is always a super sportsman, the nerdy smart one, the bitchy cheeky female, the sweet and restrained second one female, the black one, the asian one). In contract Saban PRs vs Disney PRs Disney had the better shows, they are still no big shows but have more variations than the Saban ones. The Mystic Force was interesting, it began unusually (the pink power rangers do not like it to be a pink ranger and had always her own point of view. unfortunately, from one episode to another it was gone, but it was there.), Best one was RPM, the main cast was set with other types of actors. The protagonist was not the red ranger, it was the black. There were no idiots, like the blue ranger in the Dino seasons or some red rangers. The jokes from the blue ranger were not so bad, sometimes in relation of situation they were funny. The whole productions acting, costumes, effects were better then in the other seasons. Maybe I should watch the new movie, I would be not surprised PRM could be better than this movie.^^
    In general, I would they RPM is for me the best season (but the last one from Disney ), but Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was better than the whole US PowerRangers Franchise, except RPM.
    Last edited by MedievalDukemon; 10-17-2017 at 05:02 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •