With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Fusion Episode 38: Psyche-Out in Cyber Land!

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Fusion Episode 38: Psyche-Out in Cyber Land!

Episode thread for Episode 38 of Digimon Fusion

29th March - USA - 7am PST & 10am EST

No spoilers past this episode

I come from the net
    It was a good episode. Drippin called Splashers and Ruca called Luca. (no word on if she lives on the 2nd floor) Can't tell if there's any other edits. But next week we get 3 episodes for some reason.

Cyber Land --- same
    Whamon --- same
    Andromon --- same
    "Reload, Greymon!" --- "Greymon, Reload!"
    "Reload, Mervamon!" --- "Mervamon!"
    Three Victorize --- V for Victory
    Ruka --- Luca
    Juice --- Redberry Juice
    red Drippin --- Red Splasher
    pink Drippin --- Pink Splasher
    yellow Drippin --- Yellow Splasher
    Splashmon the Water Tiger --- same
    Water --- liquid matter
    azure Drippin --- Blue Splasher
    Sexy Dynamite --- Rolling Thunder! (only the impact shots of the attack and an earlier shot of JetMervamon in mid-air before spinning were cut out. And yes, the "!" is included in the caption)
    Bead-drown --- Bubble Head! (the "!" is included in the caption)
    Miya Vulcan --- Vulcanators! (the "!" is included in the caption)
    MetalTyranomon --- Metal Tyranomon (space included; past dub name spelling was "MetalTyrannomon")

A TON of shots pertaining to Mervamon, Nene, Shoutmon smacking his own butt, and/or moments of violence/suffering were cut out of this one.

Rukamon --- Dolphmon
    Aquatic Mammal --- Sea Animal
    Shaking Pulse --- Pulse Blast &
    no other attack --- Dolphin Kick

Dolphmon is described as being "so smart that normal people can't understand him"; a fact stemming from Rukamon's Digimon Reference Book bio.

The next-episode preview gives away the truth about Dorulumon's supposed betrayal in this one.
    Last edited by Sabrblade; 04-02-2015 at 09:35 PM.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Ha! I noticed the exclamation points being included in the attack captioning too... I thought that was a little odd. Drippin vs. Splasher, I have no opinion. Drippin sounds more nefarious and "mucky" whereas Splasher sounds like it could be more cute/fun, but overall not a bad change. Changing Three Victorize into "V for Victory" was REALLY lame though IMO. When I heard it I said, did they really just say that?? Not that Three Victorize is that great of a name to begin with...

I think Cyber Land/Splashmon the Water Tiger might be my favorite of the Death Generals. I find Spalshmon's tactic of sowing mistrust and taking advantage of weak spots in friendships to be particularly nefarious and offensive. Despite the general randomness of the Lands (one could argue the Zones in the first arc were pretty random too), I'm enjoying Cyber Land the best so far. Though I'm not sure how I feel about a flying, mechanical Whamon. It's definitely a fantastical idea. But Whamon is a favorite of mine. One expects to see him in water, not in the air!

I'm pretty psyched for the super-sized triple new episodes coming this weekend! I was already pretty happy about this second arc being a full-hour with two new episodes every week. Most of the Lands spanned two episodes to resolve itself and open the path to the next land, so I thought that was a nice approach. My guess is that Nickelodeon is just kind of plowing through airing the premier episodes so they can move onto other things. I'm guessing viewership for Digimon Fusion isn't all that high, so Nick probably just wants to get through it's airing contract with Toei/Saban by bundling the episodes together. Personally, I'm excited about watching more episodes at once. But I'm disappointed at the lack of support and advertising given to Digimon. Putting it on Nicktoons almost guaranteed Digimon Fusion's invisibility.

I don't hate Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion at all (as many seem to). I just don't think it's that great either. It's a serviceable, safe season added to the Digimon franchise. There's nothing particularly remarkable about it, it's pretty formulaic, almost forgettable. The most interesting thing I thought Xros Wars brought to Digimon canon was the idea of DigiMelody as Digimon's heartbeat. But because the toy that made use of these melodies was never brought stateside, the whole DigiMelody thing was basically cut from the Fusion brand of the story. My issue with Digimon Fusion is that the whole thing feels like it was just made by people who knew nothing about Digimon and were just working on an anime. Like they had this databank of Digimon to work with and a brief summary of the concept and went from there... Like, someone said "hey, let's make a Vampire world, and let's use these Digimon for that world because they look kind of dark.." etc. etc. It just feels like not a lot of care went into the series, researching things, understanding existing canon, and deciding what Xros Wars might want to add to that canon (if anything). I mean, Digimon is kind of a hodge-podge anyway (one thing I like about it, actually) but this series just seems kind of sterile to me. Anyone else get that feeling. I'm enjoying the story, but it's a little hollow. I think the HD animation is probably the biggest thing Xros Wars brought to the series, but we never got that HD quality transferred to the States as far as I can tell. I got season one on DVD from Cinedigm, but there is no HD/Bluray version of Digimon Fusion available for sale... I do like Taiki. He's a traditional, awesome gogglehead... just a tad too perfect. But awesome!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakmon View Post
    My issue with Digimon Fusion is that the whole thing feels like it was just made by people who knew nothing about Digimon and were just working on an anime. Like they had this databank of Digimon to work with and a brief summary of the concept and went from there... Like, someone said "hey, let's make a Vampire world, and let's use these Digimon for that world because they look kind of dark.." etc. etc. It just feels like not a lot of care went into the series, researching things, understanding existing canon, and deciding what Xros Wars might want to add to that canon (if anything).
    I didn't really get that sense (from Xros Wars, at least). They must have done some kind of research, or they never would have brought back KoDokugumon.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    Do you guys have the credits for this season? I noticed no one has been listing these here, and I can't access them from other sources.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

I come from the net CloneWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Do you guys have the credits for this season? I noticed no one has been listing these here, and I can't access them from other sources.
    Luca is voiced by Cherami Leigh, and I've listed all of the other new credits in their respective episode topics.

If you'd like, I can PM you the full credit lists for each episode so far (31-38).

Changing Three Victorize into "V for Victory" was REALLY lame though IMO. When I heard it I said, did they really just say that?? Not that Three Victorize is that great of a name to begin with...
    "V for Victory" was its dub name in the previous season too. I only mentioned it here to show that its use in this episode had it use its correct name, since last season had occasionally dubbed it incorrectly as "Varooma Boomerang", which is supposed to be the dub name for "Victorize Boomerang".

Though I'm not sure how I feel about a flying, mechanical Whamon. It's definitely a fantastical idea. But Whamon is a favorite of mine. One expects to see him in water, not in the air!
    Well, we did already get an aquatic one back in Island Zone last season.

I think the HD animation is probably the biggest thing Xros Wars brought to the series, but we never got that HD quality transferred to the States as far as I can tell. I got season one on DVD from Cinedigm, but there is no HD/Bluray version of Digimon Fusion available for sale... I do like Taiki. He's a traditional, awesome gogglehead... just a tad too perfect. But awesome!
    The music of Xros Wars (not Fusion, but Xros Wars) is amazing, too.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!