With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 78 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Title, Poster Art, and Staff

Digimon Adventure tri. Title, Poster Art, and Staff

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The new eggs have revealed non silhouette art (our first fancy poster art for the new show!) and the title of the new series.

Digimon Adventure tri.

The 15th anniversary site is having network issues, so if more information shows up, feel free to share it and I'll update after some sleep.

Prior news thread can be found here

Edit- Assuming my basic translations are correct...

The character designer is Atsuya Uki, who directed Cencoroll and did designs for Tsuritama (which does look similar to the new Digimon designs.)
    Series composition is Yuko Kakihara, who did the same for Chihayafuru 2, Heaven's Lost Property and it's sequels, and the Stich anime (among others.)
    The series director is Keitarou Motonaga, who directed Ah My Buddha, Akane Iro ni Somaru Saku, Date a Live, Getbackers, Katanagatari, and tons of other stuff.

Rather pleased with the staff we have so far based on some of their prior work that I've seen.

Made a quicky high resolution wallpaper of the image for those who want it.
    http://images.withthewill.net/digimon-tri.1920x1200.png
    If you need a different resolution or aspect ratio just let me know and I'll toss one out.
    I'll make a cleaner version with more effort when there is a less compressed version of the image to work with.

Edit- Much cleaner version of the wallpaper at the same resolution http://images.withthewill.net/digimo...01920x1200.png
    If you want any other resolution for devices (or different colors even) just let me know.

Here's a clean version with the cloudy background for those who want it http://images.withthewill.net/digimo...01920x1200.png

1080p version made by request http://images.withthewill.net/digimo...nd%201080p.png

Updated the image at the top with a better quality version. Pasting a link to the original here since the new version is cleaner, but not as high resolution. http://images.withthewill.net/digimon-tri.jpg
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I... really don't know what to make of this art style.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Woah. That art style was not what I was expecting.

Add Trilby1992 on Steam Add Trilby1992 on DeviantArt
    So I guess Mimi lives in Japan now?

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    I... really don't know what to make of this art style.
    Meh, itís a poster. Remember how the first ◊ros Wars poster looked like Medarot?

I wasn't expecting it either, but I sure like it. And it opens the door to a more mature season. They look like adults now, and not in a Savers style. They sure know that their target audience is now in their twenties. I wonder what the Digimon will look like now, and if they will fit this new style.

The art looks so Anime (yahi know its an anime).... i don't know how I feel about it... it's so different

Digimon Tri is a fine title
    They remembered the color of the middle school kids outfits, but not the high school one . :P
    Edit: Digimon Adventure Tri :P
    Last edited by Digitalguy; 12-13-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Haha different preferences for different people...it reminds me a lot of Tsuritama, I loved that show's art.
    I personally really like this simple/flowy style of people that recent slice-of-life animes tend to have (at least based on poster art/etc...I haven't been watching much anime lately). Partly because I find it hard myself not to draw humans looking too stiff..
    I'm really interested in seeing art with the kids and their Digimon together though.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranGP View Post
    I wasn't expecting it either, but I sure like it. And it opens the door to a more mature season. They look like adults now, and not in a Savers style.
    More to the point, the art style itself looks like what you see in more adult-oriented anime. Thatís a very good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by FranGP View Post
    They sure know that their target audience is now in their twenties. I wonder what the Digimon will look like now, and if they will fit this new style.
    Ehhh, the part thatís consuming this early pre-release promotional stuff is. They still gotta sell a lot of cheap chunks of plastic to children for this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    I personally really like this simple/flowy style of people that recent slice-of-life animes tend to have (at least based on poster art/etc...I haven't been watching much anime lately).
    This too is important. They need to know to focus on the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalguy View Post
    Digimon Tri is a fine title
    Itís Digimon Adventure Tri.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalguy View Post
    They remembered the color of the middle school kids outfits, but not the high school one . :P
    Maybe they all go to a different high school than Jō did. Didnít he go to some overachieving prep school? But I hope youíre right and that the only reason Jōís looks different is because heís in college now.

Page 1 of 78 12341151 ... LastLast