With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Vs Digimon ! Actual Fight .

Ain't got no mojo... Pizza Splitter's Avatar
    I recall a Vs on spacebattles with that meteor thing being discussed in that for as powerful as Arceus is supposed to be he really lacks the feats to properly back it up. At least as far as we could tell I’m no Pokémon expert.
    Theres a Pokémon that’s hotter then the sun somewhere as well. I mean Digimon profiles get absurd but the dex makes even less sense half of the time. Well maybe not as absurd Digimon does have gracenovamon and that reads like something out of SMT a bit. I think whoever was behind writing it didn’t consider the consequences of what they wrote on it.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I've realized that there's no mention of the Z-Moves in this thread. Those moves look like they can actually kill a Pokemon rather than making it faint, such as Continental Crush, Tectonic Rage, and certain Z-Moves that look deadly.

But I must remember this doesn't involve anything with Trainers by the side of their Pokemon and the Tamers with their Digimon fighting each other.
    Last edited by DPTronazel; 01-06-2018 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Mistake

Follow XDragon On Twitter Visit XDragon's Youtube Channel Add XDragon on Steam Add XDragon on DeviantArt Visit XDragon on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Omnidramon View Post
    Dex entires are nonsense, if they were half true, that entire world wouldn't exist.
    My favourite remains Wailord's, as many have pointed out, that despite being the largest Pokémon yet, if you take it's Dex stats and measure it's density you find that it's less dense than air and Wailord should just float away into the upper atmosphere.

I guess they weren't joking when they called it the "Float Whale Pokémon".
    Think about the balloons they would make! Macy's parade has nothing on Wailord balloons
    Currently Raising:

20th anniversary V-Pet (Alphamon Version)
    RustTyrannomon & Alphamon

Ain't got no mojo... Mild At Heart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTronazel View Post
    I've realized that there's no mention of the Z-Moves in this thread. Those moves look like they can actually kill a Pokemon rather than making it faint, such as Continental Crush, Tectonic Rage, and certain Z-Moves that look deadly.

But I must remember this doesn't involve anything with Trainers by the side of their Pokemon and the Tamers with their Digimon fighting each other.
    I think that's a variable you can use-- No one's said you can't consider trainers/tamers in the OP. Besides, you need trainers to unlock Mega Evolution, and those have been mentioned. Both are probably at their best when partnered with a Trainer or Tamer!
    Relemon is objectively the pinnacle of Digimon designs, there is no arguing this. It's perfect.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia
    Strictly speaking, the mathematical approach makes only one assumption, which is that a stat point in one franchise is equal to a stat point in the other. Alternatively, the assumption could be made that a Digimon stat point is instead equal to a Pokémon "effort value" point, depending on exactly how stats are trained in Digimon World DS/Dawn/Dusk. In that event, even with all stats at 999, it is possible for a Digimon to be on equal footing with a Pokémon, rather than leaps and bounds above and beyond. The problem is, no matter how much I search, I cannot find a comprehensive analysis of how stats are even handled in DS/Dawn/Dusk. I'm lucky to have even learned what the main stats are. If anyone has additional information on this topic, please speak up.
    I want to voice out this out, since DS/Dawn/Dusk is quite an obscured Digimon World game, pretty much nobody showcased how stats are handled in those games.
    Last edited by DPTronazel; 01-08-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Needed to fix

Follow XDragon On Twitter Visit XDragon's Youtube Channel Add XDragon on Steam Add XDragon on DeviantArt Visit XDragon on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by DPTronazel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia
    Strictly speaking, the mathematical approach makes only one assumption, which is that a stat point in one franchise is equal to a stat point in the other. Alternatively, the assumption could be made that a Digimon stat point is instead equal to a Pokémon "effort value" point, depending on exactly how stats are trained in Digimon World DS/Dawn/Dusk. In that event, even with all stats at 999, it is possible for a Digimon to be on equal footing with a Pokémon, rather than leaps and bounds above and beyond. The problem is, no matter how much I search, I cannot find a comprehensive analysis of how stats are even handled in DS/Dawn/Dusk. I'm lucky to have even learned what the main stats are. If anyone has additional information on this topic, please speak up.
    I want to voice out this out, since DS/Dawn/Dusk is quite an obscured Digimon World game, pretty much nobody showcased how stats are handled in those games.
    Well, explain Pokken Fighters , where a Machamp can literally punch a gengar to death, when in the game gengar is immune to such physical fighting moves. BST in an RPG isn't a qualifier for strength out of universe when there are games in said universe which seem to totally ignore rules pre-established. Hell, stats changed from gen 1 to gen 2.

That being said, the anime and even the mangas are the best comparison for strength. Apocalymon nearly destroyed both the human and digital world in a suicide attack and Arcus the god took out a meteor.

There's clearly no compromise to those of us who believe (and know) Digimon are stronger in every facet, and those who think pokemon are. :-P
    Currently Raising:

20th anniversary V-Pet (Alphamon Version)
    RustTyrannomon & Alphamon

Follow Drac0rex On Twitter
    I'm surprised how civil and well meaning this whole thread has been. I was about to throw down on the Charizard vs Wargreymon issue on the first page. Regardless, I would say that there isn't a Pokemon that can match a final-stage or Jogressed digimon if they were placed on similar planes of reality. Pokemon are essentially intelligent animals, while digimon are warped creatures that not only match human intelligence, but surpass it to Godlike levels. In pokemon, even the most powerful legendary can be caught and tamed, but this isn't the case for Digimon. The sheer presence of independent thought is enough to make them much more deadly in a fight

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Any Digimon can be tamed tbf. People chilling with those pet Apocolymons

Ain't got no mojo... Pizza Splitter's Avatar
    I figure it’s been civil and well meaning since this is a site where most of us know both Pokémon and Digimon well enough to figure how it’d go.
    On other sites however. Well let’s just say on one site I go to there’s a guy who obsesses on making Digimon sound weak like claiming the royal knights can’t even destroy a city.
    Although I’d say it’s more because Digimon stays closer to save the world and cosmic power sort of stuff more then Pokémon does.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Splitter View Post
    I figure it’s been civil and well meaning since this is a site where most of us know both Pokémon and Digimon well enough to figure how it’d go.
    On other sites however. Well let’s just say on one site I go to there’s a guy who obsesses on making Digimon sound weak like claiming the royal knights can’t even destroy a city.
    Although I’d say it’s more because Digimon stays closer to save the world and cosmic power sort of stuff more then Pokémon does.
    Whoever thinks Digimon can be easily defeated by Pokemon are one of those people who doesn't know Digimon.