With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 51 of 370 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.3

Kotekuma I felt the same playing through Digimon Dawn/Dusk for the first time. There are some lines that can't evolve past even adult, like Palmon>MoriShellmon and Kotemon>PlatinumScumon. Sometimes I prefer the adult or perfect forms more than the ultimates anyways, so I don't mind if it ends there. I don't think I post any that don't end up as ultimate much here though.

I feel like the Monzaemon, WaruMonzaemon, Pandamon, ExTyrannomon and TonosamaGekomon don't need to evolve further because there's nothing that fits the theme of stuffed animal or feudal japanese Frog for Gekomon. I'd love to see evolutions in the vein of RustTyranomon and Titamon for them in the future though. I feel like the The Journey to the West Digimon would be a good example too, and a lot of the 12 Devas. I don't care that ExV-mon doesn't have a perfect that doesn't use Stingmon because V-mon also has Vdramon>AeroVdramon>UlForceVeedramon. Petermon not evolving would be fitting. And of course there's Culumon. Probably a lot of the recolours too. Add Drimogemon and Tortomon and Shellmon in here somewhere too but I feel like people have thought of good fan evolutions for these that I'm forgetting or something. When people use I wouldn't mind if they ended at that level. Kunemon>Flymon>HoneyBeemon is a random example, Digimon DS games had stuff like Terriermon>Galgomon>Prariemon too.

edit: new lines

Did anyone else notice Meramon and Agnimon have extremely similar poses? This has to be intentional considering how Agnimon has the fire element.

Here's a really obvious line for Meramon. The top is holy and the bottom is evil. I never noticed Asuramon's head is uncannily similar to the flame on Meramon's head. Asuramon and DeathMeramon are humanoid and Lampmon and Boltmon have green skin.

Does this line look like the most Adventure anime line for Lampmon?

Agnimon's line to fill the gap between Ignitemon and Bagramon. Bagramon's horns makes him look like he's supposed to have Greymon's horns.

A random one for Gankoomon based on Agnimon's card art.

Some random Jogress Digimon.

Last edited by flintlock; 02-15-2015 at 02:43 AM.

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotekuma View Post
    Good Gotsumon. I would like to see a fight between a (capable) Blastmon and BanchoGolemon.
    Thanks. I think BanchouGolemon may have a rivalry with Blastmon. Though his design resembles Alphamon's more.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I feel like the Monzaemon, WaruMonzaemon, Pandamon, ExTyrannomon and TonosamaGekomon don't need to evolve further because there's nothing that fits the theme of stuffed animal or feudal japanese Frog for Gekomon.
    Well, in this obvious Otamamon chart I have him evolve to KingEtemon:
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

There's a Red Otamamon?

Can we talk about Official Fusions and Jogresses we don't get?
    I don't understand Dorumon + Syakomon = Dorugamon from Super Xros Wars, as I don't get why Syakomon is needed.
    Why does Biyomon + Patamon = Unimon in Dawn and Dusk, but it makes Angemon in Super Xros Wars?

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
    There's a Red Otamamon?
    Yes, there is. Its Attribute is Data instead of Virus, and it's element is lava instead of water. In Digimon Card Battle, it is named as D-Otamamon.

Tonight, here's a Tortomon line:
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    The red Otamamon appeared in several places like Digital Card Arena. It's Data Attribute instead of Virus Attribute, and its attacks are different and fire-based instead of water-based.

Edit: Beaten to the punch.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings and The Silent Garden & Darker Places
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Twilight (NOT Stephanie Myers-related) [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I didn't know that Otamamon was Virus type. I guess since it's shown as a good guy most of the time, I thought it was always Data.

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar

Stuff for Ex-Tyrannomon, since there isn't much he can evolve to.

Edit: ZeedMilleniumon could work for the middle line, since it can work as contained demon-> free demon-> caged demon-> the demon out of the cocoon, in general all these lines are based on the demon inside of ExTyrannomon growing stronger.
    Last edited by Lord Archfiend Kliff; 10-09-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Nice Agunimon lines especially with Ignitemon.

For ExTyranomon, I often ignore the Tyrano aspect. My lines are these three:

Bakomon>Raremon>ExTyranomon>Deathmon
    Dracmon>Porcupamon>ExTyranomon>Parasimon
    BlackAgumon>DarkLizardmon>ExTyranomon>Dorbickmon
    Tyranomon+Numemon
    DarkTyranomon+Geremon

ToyAgumon to ExTyranomon makes a ton of sense. I didn't see that before. I'm thinking Flarerizamon or Clockmon as champion stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deino View Post

Stuff for Ex-Tyrannomon, since there isn't much he can evolve to.

Edit: ZeedMilleniumon could work for the middle line, since it can work as contained demon-> free demon-> caged demon-> the demon out of the cocoon, in general all these lines are based on the demon inside of ExTyrannomon growing stronger.
    I personally prefer:

As the line keeps its toy theme, until the end where ExTyrannomon's true interior is shown.

for ExTyranomon I usually go with;

ToyAgumon-> DarkLizarmon-> ExTyranomon-> Deathmon

also my preferred Otamamon Red line;

Otamamon Red-> Salamandamon-> Vermilimon-> Dorbickmon