With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Older Hikari Shown in V-Jump from New Adventure

Older Hikari Shown in V-Jump from New Adventure

We now have a silhouette of Hikari from the new Adventure sequel from the upcoming issue of V-Jump, with hints of more to come in upcoming issues.

Image Thumbnail

This will be the new discussion thread also, the previous one can be found here.

Thanks to ANN for the news.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm a Maniac
    Interesting. I wonder how much closer until we see the actual characters.

If Kari is what we're gonna get out of this current egg, I'll kinda laugh.

It's kinda hard to be excited about this one somehow. With Tai's silhouette, the hair gives it away as definitely Tai. But Kari doesn't have as identifiable of a trait so her shadow looks like it could be any anime girl. Pity she lost both her arms though.

This certainly shows that characters will have a more mature design, which I find pretty appealing. If it is about nostalgia, all I need is the old cast. A better design is a good thing, since we all aged and look forward different things.

And yes, if the egg is giving us Hikari... I'm not clicking anymore. Also, V-Jump releases will render the website useless at the speed we are doing the clicks.

I wonder if they are revealing those new designs in the order the character's significance. I'd welcome it if the primary focus was on Taichi and Hikari after all with her mysterious powers and connections to the digital world I'd say she's the character with the most potential, even if that potential was pretty much wasted before.

I wonder if the silhouettes are properly scaled this time, this height difference might be realistic but seeing how their adventure appearances shown on the same page are definitely not to scale (not to mention the tiny Agumon when the Taichi silhouette was first revealed) I wouldn't be too sure about that...

Junior Commander Digidestined_GM's Avatar
    Follow Digidestined_GM On Twitter Add Digidestined_GM on Facebook Visit Digidestined_GM's Youtube Channel Add Digidestined_GM on DeviantArt Add Digidestined_GM on Google+
    Quite interesting, I must say!

It seems to show that the series will have a more mature atmosphere around the original cast, if these are to be around, which I'm sure of it. Of course, Im betting they're going to be some laughable and cheerful moments, but with that we barely know so far, it is very appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digidestined_GM View Post
    It seems to show that the series will have a more mature atmosphere around the original cast, if these are to be around, which I'm sure of it.
    Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. I think the only conclusion to be drawn so far is... the characters are taller.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Junior Commander Digidestined_GM's Avatar
    Follow Digidestined_GM On Twitter Add Digidestined_GM on Facebook Visit Digidestined_GM's Youtube Channel Add Digidestined_GM on DeviantArt Add Digidestined_GM on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    It seems to show that the series will have a more mature atmosphere around the original cast, if these are to be around, which I'm sure of it.
    Not sure how you've come to that conclusion.
    Just a supposition, a guess. I mean, sure, it's bound to be funny and adventurous like the other series. We cannot forget about the adventurous spirit theme about the series. They'll laugh and have fun, just like they'll be a bit more mature than last season. Nonetheless, I'm pretty certain the original 8 will be there. The trailer sort of confirmed by focusing on the original Digidestined.

Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. I think the only conclusion to be drawn so far is... the characters are taller.
    If the maturity of a series is truly determined by the physical height of the characters, then applying this principle could lead to incredible results! Just imagine how incredibly mature a Digimon season would be if all the characters were as tall as skyscrapers or mountains! And once they are tall enough to reach the upper layers of the atmosphere the sheer maturity of the situation would be incomprehensible to most humans.

Completely digital Abysswalker90's Avatar
    They are taller because they are older, in other words, because they matured. They have a lessened childish look to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    If the maturity of a series is truly determined by the physical height of the characters, then applying this principle could lead to incredible results! Just imagine how incredibly mature a Digimon season would be if all the characters were as tall as skyscrapers or mountains! And once they are tall enough to reach the upper layers of the atmosphere the sheer maturity of the situation would be incomprehensible to most humans.
    There's nothing incorrect about stating that there's a more mature atmosphere to older characters.
    It doesn't mean that the series is going to be more mature or whatnot, but the characters are objectively more physically mature, which is the only thing we have to grasp on right now. Saying the characters are older is the only thing we can say for sure.
    Last edited by Abysswalker90; 10-17-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast