With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 31717879808182 LastLast

Thread: What are your hopes for Adventure tri?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Logical plot being 'necessary' is very much a western school of thought (and even then, not universally).
    Oops. Let me explain myself; I was taught that every story is an analogy of a single mind trying to solve a problem (which can sound kind of dull and heartless at first blush, I know). As such, the plot (in whatever form it's in) simply amounts to the "logical" aspect of the argument on how to solve the problem in question. It's a lot more complex and in-depth than that, but that's the gist of that part of it.

And the plot's only necessary insofar as you want the audience to be able to make sense of things, remember -- its job is to provide a sensible context for everything else going on. And even then it's not so rigid as it seems (there's a lot of leeway on what a 'logical plot' can entail), in terms of the actual story, the plot is really just whatever the whole cast is working on (as opposed to the changing relationship between the principal characters that makes up the "heart" of the story).

But I get what you're saying; most people don't consider themselves beholden to write a particularly "logical" plot; I'd just like to note those impressionist stories can be very difficult to wrap your head around (are two semicolons in a sentence grammatically legit? I have to look that up). I'm of the idea that if you have something to say to the audience, you should strive to be clear about it (though I should confess some slight bias on my part -- I had to sit through an awful lot of stupid, pointless, ugly art films in college). I like artistry in storytelling, just not meaningless, insensible artistry.
    It's all part of the mystery.

I got another hope. I am hoping now, with Tai being missing, I am hoping that he is in a new dimension, inhabited with X-Antibody Digimon. Digimon and Hasbro been using 'X' lately on a lot of stuff, and I think there is a reason for it. Also, in X-Evolution, Yggdrasil had a problem with X-Antibody Digimon, so he sent the Royal Knights to take care of them, so maybe it is more of a recruitment then a capture. Tai will found that X-Antibody Digimon have a purpose and fight with them against Yggdrasil.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    I'd say it's highly unlikely that we get to see any X-Antibody Digimon, despite them showing us three Royal Knights (one of which isn't even in-universe a RK). My only hope now is that we get to see the Zero Two kids in the flesh. I know a lot of fans who are gonna be super bummed if the Zero Two kids get nothing but a passing mention in the final movie.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Technically we already have one X-Antibody Digimon in there. But yeah, I'm not expecting any others.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    I'd say it's highly unlikely that we get to see any X-Antibody Digimon, despite them showing us three Royal Knights (one of which isn't even in-universe a RK).
    Do the Royal Knights exist at all in this universe?
    It's all part of the mystery.

Ain't got no mojo... ShinZankuro's Avatar
    Follow ShinZankuro On Twitter Add ShinZankuro on Steam Follow ShinZankuro on DeviantArt Visit ShinZankuro's Youtube Channel
    If anything, there's not even a "group" called Royal Knights in Adventure universe.

Eh, maybe yes, maybe no. We haven't heard the name mentioned, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist beyond the DDs' knowledge.

But thinking of this, I just got a hope/theory/grasp-at-straws. I'm now hoping that Tai, finding Davis and the others after his apparent demise, enters the conflict between Yggdrasil and Homeostasis. Imperialdramon PM is formed and, through battle, used to bring harmony between competing host computers, with their representatives (Alphamon and Jesmon) being among the first drafts into the Royal Knights. Then the reason that (this world's) Imperialdramon PM isn't a RK is that Omnimon and part of Imperialdramon (Magnamon) become essentially Earth's representatives.

This is interesting as Yggdrasil tends to be associated with the RK and, though members of the null-canon have appeared, the group itself hasn't been name dropped in Tri. yet.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    Then the reason that (this world's) Imperialdramon PM isn't a RK is that Omnimon and part of Imperialdramon (Magnamon) become essentially Earth's representatives.
    That seems highly implausible, seeing as we see Agumon at the Child level in Zero Two's epilogue. It would be awesome, granted, but it would be a huge retcon.

Not necessarily. It would only be a retcon if they say they have to stay in their Royal Knight forms forever. There's nothing saying the Royal Knights can't revert to previous forms. If we assume Hackmon and Jesmon are the same individual (admittedly there's no real evidence either way other than they both serve Homeostasis) then they have already shown they can revert.
    We're counting on you, Chosen Children

Quote Originally Posted by CoDL View Post
    If we assume Hackmon and Jesmon are the same individual (admittedly there's no real evidence either way other than they both serve Homeostasis) then they have already shown they can revert.
    Fair enough. Point duly noted. I suppose I stand corrected. I still don't see how this might apply to a Jogress such as Omegamon, seeing as it's not one Digimon that's gotta revert, but two Digimon fused together, hence the apprehensions. But seeing how Omegamon reverted to Koromon and Tsunomon at the end of Saikai, and towards the end of Kyousei, I'd say what you're saying is entirely plausible.