With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Original V-Pet NEVER beats Pendulum?

Ain't got no mojo...

Original V-Pet NEVER beats Pendulum?

Whenever I battle a V-pet original against a Pendulum, the v-pet loses 100% of the time. This is regardless of any other factors.

I brought up 2 original v-pets alongside 2 pendulums recently. I battled my version 2 v-pet every now and again against my 2.0 and 4.0 pendulums, and the Garurumon always lost (prior to that I had an Angemon on it as well that always got stomped). I chalked this up to perhaps the original v-pet training being less effective than the pendulum shaking training, akin to the way it is in the Digimon Unlimited app.

However, the Pendulums have been started over with the Garurumon still hanging around. It has been excessively trained every day for quite a while, battled and mostly won with my Version 1 V-pet (which has turned out to be mostly functioning as a punching bag/training object for my other devices), with no care mistakes or calls.

I battled the Garurumon with the fresh Biyomon on my 4.0 pendulum last night to get see how it goes, because I had yet to see a v-pet beat a pendulum. The Biyomon beat it, and the thing is, I hadn't even touched the thing since it hatched. No training. And, as I said, the Garurumon has been soundly trained and very well taken care of from it's conception. I was pretty surprised and beginning to wonder if a v-pet can even beat a pendulum.

Jump ahead to earlier today, the Biyomon is now Birdramon, and I decide to try another battle between the two. Birdramon wins (I didn't even shake the thing), Garurumon dies, from the battle, yes dies, at age 11 which kinda pissed me off because I kind of liked the guy.

So, all that being said, does anyone actually know the mechanics behind these? Is it even possible for an original V-Pet to beat anything other than an original V-pet? Has anyone's V-pet beaten a Pendulum or anything else before?

TL;DR: Pendulum 4.0 Biyomon with literally no training beat down a well-trained and cared for Original V2 Garurumon, wtf

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    This is common. The Pendulums, and in fact the Agumon/Patamon Digimon Battlers (Child level, Pendulum strength), are at a different tiered strength level than the original V-Pets. You're not doing anything wrong at all . Pendulums on a Level for Level comparison will always be stronger, and may is often offset to be stronger/equal to the next evolutionary tier (ie: P-Child > V-Adult; P-Adult > V-Perfect). There are some charts out there with "base stats" for each Digimon as well, none that I have access to at the moment, but that also may contribute to the one sided-ness.

Otherwise, don't pull your hair out. It's just how it is. And it makes sense from a marketing perspective as well. "Hey, wanna battle your Greymon (V-Pet) against my Gotsumon (Pendulum 1.0)?" <SLAM/DEATH> "Wow, those new Pendulums are incredibly strong, I can't believe your Child level beat my Greymon. I have to get one for myself!"
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

Ain't got no mojo...
    Nah, I wasn't stressing about it or anything. I figured it was something like that, just wanted some confirmation. Thanks for the reply.

Also lol @ your narrative

No problem! I understand that it's nice to know that it's not just yourself having crazy strong Pendulums.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy

Ain't got no mojo...
    Just a small update to add to this thread. The new Gabumon on my V2 with really not much training beat my godly-trained and cared for Coelamon (going for MegaSeadramon) on my Pendulum 2.0 earlier today. What a fluke. But I guess that proves it can be done, in any case.

I'm a Maniac
    Follow delta On Twitter
    Some says the HP shown on these cards implies Pendulum Digimon is much stronger than Vpet Digimon. Is that true? (And what's the name of these cards in fact?)

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Duke2000 View Post
    There are some charts out there with "base stats" for each Digimon as well, none that I have access to at the moment, but that also may contribute to the one sided-ness.
    If it's not the DP run down on File Island any clue where I could find these? Always curious about this kind of stuff.

The charts I've seen are some really questionable Chinese guidebooks, but they were fairly interesting. I'll take a hunt for what I still have laying around my hard drive.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy

I come from the net
    Thread about who beats who on Original V-Pets:
    http://withthewill.net/threads/12560...atio-Successes

I re-uploaded the picture from the OP:
    http://i.imgur.com/XldNKpq.jpg

Here's the picture from the Enix Final Data guidebook which I mentioned in the bottom post:
    http://i.imgur.com/nlgyhnO.jpg

As well as species having an influence on the outcome of Original V-Pet battles, Digimon also have a power level. On the Original V-Pets themselves, this level can range from 0 to 2. As far as I've seen, 8 protein makes it go up, and a Care Mistake makes it go down. But only the first 16 protein have any effect, and if a Care Mistake makes it go down again then it's stuck there. When the Digimon evolves, the power level goes back to 0, as does the protein count. Training seems to have no effect.

In Original V-Pet battles, Pendulums register as Monzaemon's slot with power level 7, regardless of their actual species. This gives the Pendulum a large unfair advantage.

The Agumon/Patamon battler toys register as Agumon's slot with power level 7, which is not so bad, but still not much use if you want the V-Pet to win a lot.

On the US D-Terminal, all Digimon register as Agumon's slot. The power value ranges from 0-4, and is equal to the Digimon's "V.S.Enegy".

Ain't got no mojo...
    Thanks! Fascinating stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast