With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Digimon electronics communication project

  1. #21
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,842
    Updated dmcomm.ino for V20th:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-W...ew?usp=sharing

    Mostly bigger buffers and more logging. But I changed the 2-prong "send_recovery" from 100 to 300, which might break it for some other devices (I haven't tested any others yet). If it does, there might be an in-between value that works for all of them, or there might not...

    I said before "I'd probably need 2 of them to do much connection research". It's much more difficult with only 1! Made good progress on copying though.

    Code for you to send me a Digimon copy:
    V2-192A-000D-031E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-900E

    If you'd like to help, please send a copy of Agumon using that code, and post the result string and your name.

    E.g. I send Agumon (name is レノス), and the result is
    r:192A s:192A r:000D s:000D r:811E s:031E r:00BE s:000E r:05AE s:000E r:0FFE s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:B00E s:900E t

  2. #22
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeSabre View Post
    Updated dmcomm.ino for V20th:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-W...ew?usp=sharing

    Mostly bigger buffers and more logging. But I changed the 2-prong "send_recovery" from 100 to 300, which might break it for some other devices (I haven't tested any others yet). If it does, there might be an in-between value that works for all of them, or there might not...

    I said before "I'd probably need 2 of them to do much connection research". It's much more difficult with only 1! Made good progress on copying though.

    Code for you to send me a Digimon copy:
    V2-192A-000D-031E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-900E

    If you'd like to help, please send a copy of Agumon using that code, and post the result string and your name.

    E.g. I send Agumon (name is レノス), and the result is
    r:192A s:192A r:000D s:000D r:811E s:031E r:00BE s:000E r:05AE s:000E r:0FFE s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:B00E s:900E t

    This is what i got from my vpet20th when try to copy your agumon
    r:0A0D s:192A r:1423 s:000D r:831E s:031E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:300E s:900E

    and here if i try to send my agumon (スコモト)
    r:0A0D s:192A r:1423 s:000D r:811E s:031E r:009E s:000E r:05AE s:000E r:028E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:300E s:900E
    Last edited by whitescoot; 09-08-2017 at 08:24 AM.

  3. #23
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,842
    Great, you got it working!

    Please could you also tell me your name on the V-Pet? And what colour is it?

    I actually just bought a second one myself, but info like this will save me some time.

    ...

    I see your edit now.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitescoot View Post
    This is what i got from my vpet20th when try to copy your agumon
    r:0A0D s:192A r:1423 s:000D r:831E s:031E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:300E s:900E
    It seems I never tried that. Apparently, if you connect two V20th both set to "receive", they say OK and then shake their heads.

    and here if i try to send my agumon (スコモト)
    r:0A0D s:192A r:1423 s:000D r:811E s:031E r:009E s:000E r:05AE s:000E r:028E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:000E s:000E r:300E s:900E
    Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I didn't ask before, but what colour is your V-Pet?

  4. #24
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeSabre View Post
    Great, you got it working!

    Please could you also tell me your name on the V-Pet? And what colour is it?

    I actually just bought a second one myself, but info like this will save me some time.

    It seems I never tried that. Apparently, if you connect two V20th both set to "receive", they say OK and then shake their heads.

    Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I didn't ask before, but what colour is your V-Pet?
    Yes the 1st time it says OK! then shaking their heads

    My vpet color is grey and the name is スコモト

    Wow you bought 2!

    If can, could you explain the number that i just send and the number that you give (V2-...........)

  5. #25
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,842
    The V2-... code I posted earlier is my grey one (レノス) doing "receive". The first thing you tried was two V-Pets doing "receive", so it said OK and then shook its head. The second thing was sending an Agumon to me. The r:... segments are what your V-Pet is saying when it does these things.

    I can't explain the numbers yet, but hopefully soon! Looks like the name goes in the first two packets, so I wonder if we can trick older V-Pets by choosing particular name characters

  6. #26
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeSabre View Post
    The V2-... code I posted earlier is my grey one (レノス) doing "receive". The first thing you tried was two V-Pets doing "receive", so it said OK and then shook its head. The second thing was sending an Agumon to me. The r:... segments are what your V-Pet is saying when it does these things.

    I can't explain the numbers yet, but hopefully soon! Looks like the name goes in the first two packets, so I wonder if we can trick older V-Pets by choosing particular name characters
    Hurm.. i think i understand what you are saying.

    About the name , you said that the name is in the first two packets right.
    from what i understand from your explanation is like this
    you name is this 2 packets r:192A s:192A r:000D s:000D
    and mine is r:0A0D s:192A r:1423 s:000D
    is it right?? what you mean by 2 packets is the "r:" right?

    Yeah, hopefully can trick the old vpets
    Last edited by BladeSabre; 09-09-2017 at 08:45 AM. Reason: couldn't read it with the colours

  7. #27
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,842
    Pretty much. For names we now have:

    Code:
    19 2A 00 0D レノス
    0A 0D 14 23 スコモト
    02 01 02 01 アイアイ
    30 26 54 48 ヨガポ?
    And the available characters are in this order:

    Code:
    (space)アイウエオカキクケコサシスセソ
    タチツテトナニヌネノハヒフヘホマ
    ミムメモヤユヨラリルレロワヲンヴ
    ガギグゲゴザジズゼゾダヂヅデドバ
    ビブベボパピプペポァィゥェォャュ
    ョッー!?
    Looks like we just number all those from 0x00 to 0x54, and the order in the transmission is 2nd,1st,4th,3rd. (I guess the V20th has opposite byte order from the Pendulum.)

    I need to figure out how the check digit works before I can generate codes with arbitrary names.

    ... OK, it's simple; the first digit of the last packet is the check digit as usual, and all the digits have to sum to 0. Here are codes for 5 names receiving Digimon (i.e. your V-Pet sends a Digimon). I'll see if I get the egg when one of mine dies.
    Code:
    V2-192A-000D-031E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-900E  レノス
    V2-0201-0201-030E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-700E  アイアイ
    V2-3026-5448-030E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-D00E  ヨガポ?
    V2-0303-0303-031E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E  ウウウウ
    V2-0404-0404-031E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-000E-C00E  エエエエ
    ----

    As for tricking the older V-Pets, we have the numbers 0x00 to 0x54, and we're looking at 2-prong devices with 2-packet transmissions.

    • Original V-Pet battles: nope, second packet always starts with F.
    • PenProg jogress: nope, first packet always starts with 8.
    • Japanese D-3 eggs or jogress: nope, first packet always starts with 8.
    • Pendulum jogress: not so obvious, but looking into it, I don't believe there are any combinations that work.

    It wouldn't have been all that useful if it was possible, but it would have been amusing

  8. #28
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    14

    ... OK, it's simple; the first digit of the last packet is the check digit as usual, and all the digits have to sum to 0. Here are codes for 5 names receiving Digimon (i.e. your V-Pet sends a Digimon). I'll see if I get the egg when one of mine dies.
    I cannot help you in this part because my vpet already unlocked all the egg.
    but what can i help is, tell you the tips to kill the digimon.
    Feed it 99g Protein/Vitamins and purposely lose to higher level single battle (perfect and ultimate stage is best) until it gets sick 20 times

    As for tricking the older V-Pets, we have the numbers 0x00 to 0x54, and we're looking at 2-prong devices with 2-packet transmissions.

    • Original V-Pet battles: nope, second packet always starts with F.
    • PenProg jogress: nope, first packet always starts with 8.
    • Japanese D-3 eggs or jogress: nope, first packet always starts with 8.
    • Pendulum jogress: not so obvious, but looking into it, I don't believe there are any combinations that work.

    It wouldn't have been all that useful if it was possible, but it would have been amusing
    About this, did you mean that the old codes need to be change to work with the new program?

    is 031E and 030E at the third packet is the color of the vpet?
    Last edited by whitescoot; 09-09-2017 at 07:38 AM.

  9. #29
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,842
    I'm not going to kill it yet. We can be patient

    About this, did you mean that the old codes need to be change to work with the new program?
    No, I wanted to connect a real V20th (with a hacky name) to an older V-Pet, but it won't work. Maybe the designers thought about that.

    is 031E and 030E at the third packet is the color of the vpet?
    Looks like the third packet is xyzE where:
    x=8 for the one who goes first
    x=0 for the one who goes second
    y=3 if receiving a Digimon
    y=1 if sending a Digimon
    z=0 if brown V-Pet (アイアイ and ヨガポ?)
    z=1 if grey V-Pet (レノス and スコモト)

    The next three packets are 000E-000E-000E if receiving.
    If sending, it depends on the Digimon.
    All my Agumons (レノス, アイアイ, ヨガポ?) had 00BE-05AE-0FFE .
    But スコモト Agumon had 009E-05AE-028E . Any idea why yours might be different?

    Then the last 4 are 000E-000E-000E-x00E where x is chosen to make the sum of all the digits equal to 0.

  10. #30
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeSabre View Post
    I'm not going to kill it yet. We can be patient
    hahaha.. patience is the key

    Looks like the third packet is xyzE where:
    x=8 for the one who goes first
    x=0 for the one who goes second
    y=3 if receiving a Digimon
    y=1 if sending a Digimon
    z=0 if brown V-Pet (アイアイ and ヨガポ?)
    z=1 if grey V-Pet (レノス and スコモト)
    Finally....... the codes that you give (V2-XXX....) is the 1st protocol to check whether the signal is to send or receive.
    there is no digimon's data to be receive/send right? if i'm right. there will be another protocol to be send about the digimon's data.

    By the way, just want to tell you that, i'm still trying to understand your arduino code.
    Thanks for sharing

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •