With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon electronics communication project

Hello, I want to download the files but they no longer exist.

I want to make a cheat device (my computer) to power up my vpet. I need metal greymon.

I come from the net
    Here are the files:
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...82279288663556

Someone else asked me by PM just recently, so just wondering, is there some reason why both of you noticed this project at the same time?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Great project! I would love to be able to use my PC instead of the Digimon Virtual Pets to link to my Wonderswan. After looking around the prices seem very high on any of the V1 - V5 Virtual Pets. Then it's a shame that the 20th Anniversary VPet will not link to the Wonderswan.

Ain't got no mojo...
    This sounds left field ( I just bought the wonderswan ver. while waiting for my ver. 20 to arrive) But how do we know that it won't connect with the wonderswan ver. ? Has someone tried it? Or is there a compatibility chart out there that I haven't seen?
    Edit: It was in the news that I failed to read.
    On topic: This is really cool. I know nothing about how to put this together but I'm going to try and follow along your notes as much as possible. Is this still on hiatus or has the ver. 20s got you in the mood to test again?
    Last edited by Hbit; 07-19-2017 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Answered my own question by searching.

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbit View Post
    On topic: This is really cool. I know nothing about how to put this together but I'm going to try and follow along your notes as much as possible. Is this still on hiatus or has the ver. 20s got you in the mood to test again?
    I've not entirely been paying attention about the 20th anniversary ones, though I might regret that, as they're only going to get more expensive.

I was sort of thinking about trying to solve the IR devices.

If you don't know electronics, I don't really recommend trying to build this. You might break your V-Pets.

Ain't got no mojo... Thebigboss1206's Avatar
    Follow Thebigboss1206 On Twitter Visit Thebigboss1206 on XBox Live
    Can you re-upload the project file zip, please? Thanks.
    Newer they are, higher they cost!

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebigboss1206 View Post
    Can you re-upload the project file zip, please? Thanks.
    It's 4 posts above you, but I guess I should edit it into the first post.

I come from the net
    I decided to design some new connector PCBs. Submitted a case-mounting version to OSH Park today. If it works out, I'll try one for holding in the hand too.

I bought a 20th anniversary V-Pet since the above post about it. (It cost somewhat more than it would have if I'd been onto it at the time.) I'd probably need 2 of them to do much connection research though.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Found some links you might be interested in, it's a lot of blog posts about the Digimon communication protocols and interfacing with an arduino and other circuits dealing with the digi pets

http://botamochi.github.io/index.html
    https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/nazonootokoj/19022702.html

I come from the net
    Thanks for the links! I'll look through them a little at a time to see if they have anything I missed. I think I basically knew all that, but this person has gone the extra step of documenting the protocols in detail for other people. Sometime I should write up my findings properly!

I thought for a moment they had solved the IR Digimon, but looks like they actually made IR communication for original V-Pets.

I'm getting a good read on the iC and Twin IR signals now. Next need to figure out what they mean...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast