With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869 LastLast

Thread: What are your Digimon headcanons?

Feat wise, the God Grades donít have anything concrete higher than planet level (God Grades > Dantemon > Cometmon who controls planets). WarGreymon, on the other hand, helped destroy a being who was going to destroy multiple universes. Also, even considering that an outlier, Vademon creates Solar Systems (made more evident in the manga) and heís beaten by AtlurKabuterimon.

Getting back on topic, headcanon: Mugendramon was never the most powerful machine Digimon. Itís creator was just spouting off nonsense.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Iím not saying the God-grade theoryís wrong, mind you, just that itís unproven. By the way, did any Perfect-level Digimon get Appmon cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac28211 View Post
    Iíve got a few that I suppose I could mention here:
    -In the anime, Keramon, Mephistomon, and Meicoomon are all different portions of Apocalymonís self that manifested after his defeat. Ironically, each one of these is known for evolving in its movie(s).
    -Leomon and Etemon essentially have ďDarkness ModesĒ in Adventure, like the forced Xrosses in XW.
    -For a while, I really thought that Appmonís Dark Web was a more traditional Digital World
    -The Appmon that live in Cyber Kowloon not only cover themselves, but have mutated to that form permanently (ie they canít just take off the mask).
    -The reason that Tamers doesnít have a crossover with V-Tamer is because V-Tamer and Tamers take place in the same world at different times. Also, Digimon Next takes place in Tamersí future too.
    -As an extension, ďGodĒ in the V-Tamer universe refers to Shibumi
    -Tapmon, Flickmon, and Swipemon take the place of Baby Digimon in Appmonís universe and can eventually evolve into higher forms.
    -Also, more traditional evolution exists in Appmon (Since Gatchmon and Navimon talk about DoGatchmon being an evolution of each of them.)
    -Digimon get older in their current forms (Kokuwamon in Frontier, Baíalmon, etc.) when they donít meet any of their other evolution requirements.
    -Armor Evolution, Spirit Evolution, and Xrossing are all the same general type of evolution (Base Digimon + additional outside data on top), and Jogress and Fusion are the same general type (Base Digimon mixed with additional data more cohesively).
    -Due to a Xrosí less cohesive and stable nature, it is weaker than a fusion or Jogress of similar parts. (Example: Paildramon made from a Xros is weaker than Paildramon made from a Jogress).
    -While God Grades can be seen as comparable to Ultimates, Haruís WarGreymon was weaker because of how bad Haru was at the game.
    -Eventually, the Tamers create a version of DATS for their world, based off of the old Hypnos infrastructure.
    -Bagramon didnít ďknowĒ that DarkKnightmon would betray him, but in fact had contingency plans for every feasible outcome.
    -The Dark Masters are a universal constant in Adventure, sonce they lack Great Demon Lords
    -In Konakaís map of the Tamers Digital World ďAnother WorldĒ is the Adventureverse. Millenniumon crossing over is what accelerated the D-Reaperís mutation.
    -Vamdemon would not have been able to revive himself without the power of the World of Dreams. Without that worldís power, he would have remained a ghost, much like Wizardmon.
    -The reason that the Island of Lost Digimon has so many Armors is because itís a remnant of Frontierís Ancient Digital World.
    -Gankoomon prefers to hang out with the Banchos than the Royal Knights
    -Dramon Killers are only super effective on other dragons if the user wishes it, as itís mechanics are essentially the Overwrite from V-Tamer.
    -Partition could have been used in Season 2, but no one ever thought about it.
    -The crests were never necessary, and they only served as a catalyst. The CC realized this during and after 02, and thatís why they can evolve to Perfect in Tri.
    -The Gabumon and Agumon were always evolving from Perfect to Ultimate, and Warp Evolution was just a convenient way to show it.
    -DigiEggs can actually be hatched by chickens, but only if the chickenís coop is on a toxic waste dump.
    Love most of these headcanons. Subscribe to a few of them myself.

This one, though:

'-The Dark Masters are a universal constant in Adventure, sonce they lack Great Demon Lords'

The Adventure universe has Demon (as easy as he is to forget), so at least one Demon Lord seems to exist, making it likely that Adventure is supposed to be included in the 'GDL are multiversal constants' rule that Cyber Sleuth introduced.

Feat wise, the God Grades donít have anything concrete higher than planet level (God Grades > Dantemon > Cometmon who controls planets). WarGreymon, on the other hand, helped destroy a being who was going to destroy multiple universes. Also, even considering that an outlier, Vademon creates Solar Systems (made more evident in the manga) and heís beaten by AtlurKabuterimon.

Getting back on topic, headcanon: Mugendramon was never the most powerful machine Digimon. Itís creator was just spouting off nonsense.
    If I want to draw feat from side material I could cite,
    Rebootmon doing universal reboot in the game themselves.
    Even then Taiga Wargreymon is such an outlier that it isn't funny, that's like saying every man could lift mountain because hercules is a man. the best strength feat that the anime pulled is Bancholeomon and the Craniummon benchpressing digital world, the first need burst mode to do that.l.and the latter need three burst mode to defeat.
    And not mentioning X7 struggling to hold two floating castle together.
    And Vademon solar system is very shaky, given that the 'planet' it throw to atlur Kabuterimon is barely building sized.
    Now, tell me when Tai Wargreymon destroy the multiverse? The biggest thing it destroy is a mountain during three way class with Wargreymon, BlackWargreymon and Imperialdramon, a feats that the Ultimate Appmon could replicate solo.

Manga and game Rookie could easily stomp of their anime counterpart.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Iím not saying the God-grade theoryís wrong, mind you, just that itís unproven. By the way, did any Perfect-level Digimon get Appmon cards?
    Angewomon get one iirc.
    Last edited by salman332; 11-14-2017 at 09:02 PM.

It's usually pointless to compare power levels based on anime feats, since the plot dictates how strong anything is. Since the Appmon cards were brought up, though, I took a look at the set where the Adventure Digimon got their cards, and found that the total points (HP, Power, Defense, and Speed) for WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon are actually lower than all but one of the Super-grade Appmon in the set. On reflection, the reason for this is obvious. It's due to the gameplay. Agumon and Gabumon can evolve straight to WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon without fusing, so it would break the game if such easy-to-get monsters weren't weaker than those harder to get. Incidentally, both Angewomon and HolyAngemon have higher totals than they do.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

To be fair, the power level of anything that isnít digimon refference book is all dictated by the plot. By anime showing, The ultimates Appmon sit right the middle between low mega(SaberLeomon, Wargreymon) and high Mega (Lucemon SM, Bagramon).
    Also, didn't the second card set actually increased both the digimon and appmon power?

On topic: The spirit evolution system is loosely based on armor digivolution by the ancient digimon because both of them is basically armor that you put on to achieve higher level.
    Last edited by salman332; 11-14-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    Also, didn't the second card set actually increased both the digimon and appmon power?
    Actually, I was talking about set 4, which is apparently the second set in which WarGreymon appeared. It's actually significantly weaker in set 4 than it was in set 3, probably because it had only a normal rarity instead of being a promo card.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McGann View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Armadillomon -> Ankylomon -> Brachimon -> Plesiomon
    I like this idea, cuz it's like Cody and TK swapped Megas. And Plesiomon is one of my favourite designs.
    You mean Joe?
    I mean Joe >.>
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

@Salman Striking strength doesnít have to equal lifting strength though tbf.

Thatís a good point made about Rebootmon though. Thereís always the more concrete feat of Etemon absorbing Apocalymonís black hole (which was larger than the Milky Way).

@Jay I did actually forget about Demon. Itís almost as if his plot came out of nowhere and went nowhere. (Watch Part 6 of Tri. expand on Makiís scene and give Demon something).

@Salman Striking strength doesnít have to equal lifting strength though tbf.

Thatís a good point made about Rebootmon though. Thereís always the more concrete feat of Etemon absorbing Apocalymonís black hole (which was larger than the Milky Way).

@Jay I did actually forget about Demon. Itís almost as if his plot came out of nowhere and went nowhere. (Watch Part 6 of Tri. expand on Makiís scene and give Demon something).
    It still a strength feat, unless we have digimon in the anime who vaporized mountain with his fist then that is the only feat we have.

...What black hole? I don't remember anything like that at all in the anime, I need a citation for that because it sound too ridiculous to happen in the anime when he was defeated by rocket only 'equal' to nuclear warhead himself and that after absorbing the dark network.
    Remember I said anime not side material where everyone get upscaled.
    Compare anime Ultimate Appmon and Anime Mega they are pretty much sit in the middle of the power chart between "bust mountain Wargreymon" and "Obliterate the moon Lucemon"
    Last edited by salman332; 11-15-2017 at 01:20 AM.