With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 74754555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your Digimon headcanons?

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Follow MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    in my headcanon Bagramon started questioning Homeostasis after Lucemon rebelled against Digi-God, later when he became the Bagramon we know from Xros Wars he freed Lucemon and Huanglongmon from their sealing, however since he didnīt go the long un-sealing way, like in frontier those two did not restore their full power and thatīs how the ended up so weak in Xros wars.
    or maybe he did un-seal the wrong way since he feared their power.

For the most part, every time we see a new Digimon's digiovolved form for the first time in an Anime/Game, that's the Digimon's inception point across all time, space and dimensions. So the first Omnimon was created by Tai, Matt, and the support of Children around the world in the battle against Diaboromon. Guilmon and Gallantmon were created by Takato through Tamers. The first Machindramon was a chimera created by Analogue Man.
    I've always prescribed to this headcanon ever since Frontier first aired and Brave Tamer theories started popping up. Thanks for the turn of phrase though. I kind of want to discuss more about this idea of a multiversal 'inception point'. Specifically, I'm curious if there's a multiversal blueprint for evolution paths based on this same idea that all the Digital Worlds pull from the same source code (with the notable new exception of Appmon's!).
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Red shirt
    This is one I posted on the Digimon subreddit a while back, and seemed to be fairly well-received.

The Parrotmon from the original Digimon movie was a test and/or sacrificial lamb created by Homeostasis (hence the Holy Rings), and the giant Agumon was both Taichi and Hikari's partners. When it defeated Parrotmon, it absorbed some of its data (ala Tamers), and was reborn as two Digitamas: the bulk of its data went to create Tai's Agumon (which is why it's smaller), but the leftover data, now permanently merged with some fragments of Parrotmon, became Gatomon/Tailmon, which is why she wears a Holy Ring- but only one Holy Ring, unlike Parrotmon who wore two- because she only contains part of Parrotmon's data.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    ^^^ I remember seeing that on Reddit. It is a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I've always prescribed to this headcanon ever since Frontier first aired and Brave Tamer theories started popping up. Thanks for the turn of phrase though. I kind of want to discuss more about this idea of a multiversal 'inception point'. Specifically, I'm curious if there's a multiversal blueprint for evolution paths based on this same idea that all the Digital Worlds pull from the same source code (with the notable new exception of Appmon's!).
    Stands to reason. Maybe in the future even Appmon will come into the fold. But we'll see.
    Last edited by McGann; 09-21-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

It's also the basis of the DS Lost Evolution game, so I'd like to see it explored in Cyber Sleuth or something, too.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Originally, Apocalymon created the four Dark Masters to be his servants. However, they did not wish to be merely "servants," and wanted to control the Digital World all for themselves. Thus, they reformatted it into Spiral Mountain so as to gain the upper hand in the fight against Apocalymon.
    "Evil can confuse you when you're staring at it straight in the face. You can hope the face of evil will change, but it won't unless you force it to change."

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    The disembodied red eyes in the Adventure 02 opening are Dagomon's, because I like Dagomon and he's the only villain in the series (besides Devimon) to actually have red eyes.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

In the deepest pits of hell, and the deep reaches of space... Occasionally both.
    Follow Xadhoom on DeviantArt Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel
    Bagramon is Ignitemon's Super Evolution / adult form.

Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    The Dark Ocean in 02 is Adventure's equivalent of the 'Dark Area' of Digimon lore.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I think that that's pretty much regular canon at this point...
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 74754555657585960 ... LastLast