With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 51 of 144 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your Digimon headcanons?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    In many Digimon games, ice and water attacks are the same Water element.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Lhikan634 View Post
    Regarding elements in application to Digimon headcanon, the word 'opposite' really doesn't fit too well. Counterpart or counter sounds more accurate. Without going all Pokémon, it's sort of a game of rock-paper-scissors based on natural observations. In one sense, Ice is the counter to Fire since fire melts ice. They may also represent "cold" and heat. But on the other hand, Water is the counter to Fire as water puts out fire. In yet another light, Fire and Light can be seen as counters to each other from physics, though Fire and Thunder would use the two plasmas.

Of course, Ice is nothing more than frozen Water, and there's no such physical property as "cold." Likewise, figuring out the opposites requires knowing which system is being invoked. Among the simplest is the Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water system.

There's probably several means of paralleling the elements in MagnaGarurumon and Kaiser/EmperorGreymon, either by grouping similar characteristics or different characteristics. My brain's drained, otherwise I'd input that data as my actual headcanon.
    Opposites cancel each other out through mutual annihilation. Light and Dark cancel each other out, Fire and Ice cancel each other out. Fire and Water result with water everywhere.

There's no such physical property as "dark", either, but here we are. I will grant you that Yin is associated with water where Yang is associated with fire, but the ice/fire duality is a seriously old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    Opposites cancel each other out through mutual annihilation. Light and Dark cancel each other out, Fire and Ice cancel each other out. Fire and Water result with water everywhere.
    Depends on how much water is used. I've put out small campfires with enough water that the fire both went out and turned the amount water I used into steam.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Add Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    If the opposite of Fire is Ice, what is the opposite of Water?
    Is it Wind? (the sea and sky thing)
    Is it Earth? (Water abrates Earth, Earth absorbs Water)
    Is it Steel? (Water corrodes Steel, Steel pollutes Water)
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

I come from the net
    Steel pollutes water...? How does that work?

Opposite of water is something I can think of many things.

Acid, Toxic, Tar and other destructive liquid types that ruin?

I think Water, Nature/Wood/Plant, Fire and Earth make sense, they are opposite to each others in many games. Just not only Pokemon.

Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Add Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    Steel pollutes water...? How does that work?
    Well, I meant Metal in general. Aren't Arsenic and Mercury, both pollute Water, kinds of Metals?
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,

I come from the net
    Oh ah alright. Yeah. I thought it was all about getting the answers to the weaknesses to cancel each others out from the games and cards to apply science minds... But I realized now it is all about searching for the opposites. In that case, it'd be "Heat"/Fire.
    Extreme heat made the water go all steamy. Extreme cold made the water go icy. So "Temperature"? Nah doubtful.

I go with "Four Elements" and Fire/Water. This is just the most basic and common.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Hawk View Post
    I go with "Four Elements" and Fire/Water. This is just the most basic and common.
    The most common, yes. But there's a simpler system than that: "The Three Elements". Fire burns Wood, Wood absorbs Water, and Water extinguishes Fire. And it's also not only in Pokemon.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Related to that, Fire, Water, and Nature are used as the elements in some Digimon games, such as Battle Evolution.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Visit Xadhoom's Youtube Channel Add Xadhoom on DeviantArt
    Well, just because it's the season:

About a year after the fight with MaloMyotismon and Oikawa's physical demise, the Digidestined make a surprising discovery. Once a year, about two weeks before the 24th/25th of December, the Digital World changes radically.

It begins to snow considerable amounts, blanketing all the land in a foot-tall, and the oceans freeze over. All the trees becomes spruce trees, dozens of metres tall, and sprout strange objects unlike fruits. The TVs by which one can travel between the worlds begin to sing songs of hearthy warmth and good cheer, and display images of well-lit fireplaces. Across all the Digital World, Digimon of every shape and size and species feel an odd to cease their hostilities because of this phenomenon.

For many, it is an occasion to flock together, for some, it is an occasion to get irrevocably wasted, for quite a few, it is an occasion to make merry and exchange presents (a new sword for Leomon, two pairs of giant socks for Ebonwumon, some making out beneath the mistletoe for Angemon and Devimon, a physical form for Oikawa from Azulongmon and Gennai). This event is soon recorded to wear off after a few days, and the Digital World reverts to what it was before.

Anyway, merry christmas, everybody.
    Last edited by Xadhoom; 12-21-2015 at 06:28 AM.