With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 144 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your Digimon headcanons?

My headcanon for the original children was that one of them had Leomon as a partner, explaining why he could blast evolve.

"Millenniummon can't be explained" inverted to "Millenniummon explains everything." A+ for creativity...

TFWiki's distinction is fairly good, and that article is surprising not irreverent for that site.

I agree with TMS. Only the Frontier==Adventure part is too far out there. I might not agree with rest, but it can work without severe interruptions.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Inpu View Post
    In that case, the original Chosen Children could be linked to the Four Holy Beasts.
    I've been told that this is implied in the novel, but unfortunately it's still in the process of being translated.

By the way, Glyptodon, I'm surprised you've devoted so much thought to Digimon genitals, considering how reluctant you are to talk about stuff like that.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    Forgot to post this before; I think Another Mission/World Data Squad took place in a different continuity than the anime, was followed by the events of the Burst Mode Movie, & then afterwards the Savers/Data Squad make cameos in World DS.

Even I was a teenager once, TMS. None of what I wrote has required refinement since the first airing of the Frontier dub (that was my junior year of high school, to spare you the arithmetic). I think I mentioned this once before, but it less reluctance to speak of such matters than a desire to avoid causing needless offense coupled with an ambiguously-reliable skill for determining what will cause said offense. Hence the spoiler tags. Of course, given what I've read here over the last eight months, the first blacked-out section probably stands at least as good a chance of annoying someone.

I don't usually participate in this kind of thing, but I like to think that Taichi and Koushiro became life-long best friends after the defeat of Diablomon. You could say that all eight of the Adventure kids are life-long friends, but I like to imagine those two having a close friendship.

I also like to think that Ken and Ryo were eventually reunited, but I know I'm not alone there so I don't consider it my personal "headcanon." Other than that... I dunno, I guess I assume like everyone else that the Tamers kids were reunited with their partners, if that counts.
    show me ya brave haht

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    My headcanon for the original children was that one of them had Leomon as a partner, explaining why he could blast evolve.
    But he already explained how he could do that in the show itself. He said that he seemed to gain the ability after having been bathed in the light of the Digivice so much previously. And his stating that he "gained" the ability suggests that he didn't already have the ability beforehand.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

I'll go ahead and give this a shot, here it goes:

The 4 Holy Digimon are actually the mega level partners of the original chosen children, who sealed away Apocolynmon behind the wall of fire. In Adventure it shows five children in silhouettes, one of the children turned on the group because his Digimon could not digivolve like the others, his Digimon then dark digivolved into Apocolynmon as a result of his anger. That would explain why Apocolynmon is made up of discarded data, or why he is made up of the data of Digimon who could not digivolve, he feels the pain and anguish of those Digimon, because he was unable to Digivolve properly himself.

Gennai has several versions of himself living in different universes, as he once mentioned to Izzy in episode 28 of Adventure, that he would appear different in each of the worlds. In the Tamers universe he was Shibumi, in Savers he was Suguru Daimon (which would explain as to how they knew how to create Digivices), and in Xros Wars he was Bagramon, but he came back as the Old Clock Shop Maker during the Hunters arc, who also knew how to make Fusion Loaders.

Almost all of the Digidestined that appear throughout the different Digimon series are the exact same people, just different versions of themselves living within different universes. That's why they all similar personalities and traits.

The Quartzmon that appeared during the Hunters arc of Digimon Xros Wars, actually came from the Adventure universe. Quartzmon is actually the Diabolomon that Omnimon destroyed and the same Armageddemon that was destroyed by Imperialdramon PM. That Diablomon not fully destroyed, later found a way to digivolve to a higher form known as Quartzmon. Since Quartzmon can manipulate space-time, it made it's way into the Xros Wars universe, attracted to the digital power of that world, where the events of the Hunters arc would later unfold. That would also explain, why Quartzmon made copies of Digimon that were defeated in the Adventure universe such as Myotismon, and Diablomon even it's digivolutions, instead of just random Digimon.

Bagramon is actually a portion of the old ENIAC and ABC computers that created the Digital World, and the different Digital Worlds that exist, it simply took the form of a Digimon. That is how Bagramon became aware of the existence of the other world's that exist, outside of the Fusion/Xros Wars universe.
    Last edited by Vice; 03-24-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Another one that I've stated before. Movie 8 takes place between scenes in episode 48 of Savers, specifically after the reunion at sunset scene but before the scene at DATS where the digimon say that they have to go back home. My reasoning for its placement here is that it can't take place any earlier what with all episodes after the one where ShineGreymon first goes to Burst Mode being so tight-knit and focused on the Digital World in the sky colliding with Earth and the battles against the Royal Knights and Yggdrasil, and it taking place after the final episode would require and excessive amount of making stuff up to explain why the digimon and Masaru are back in the Human World when they ought to not be.

Plus, the DATS scene I mentioned takes place in the headquarters that was destroyed back during the Kurata arc, and during that time the DATS members were all viewed as fugitives and were stripped of all their resources, so there's no way they had the power to commission a reconstruction project of the building until after their names were cleared, which could have only been done after all the conflicts with Kurata, the Royal Knights, and Yggdrasil were over. Thus, the scene in the DATS building logically must take place a good amount of time after the sunset reunion scene in episode 48, since that scene was the last immediate scene to take place during the long chain of events that consisted of most of the show's conflicts (during which, as I said, the DATS members wouldn't have been able to have their building rebuilt).

This new open gap in time between scenes therefore leaves room for the 8th movie to take place in. And it makes sense for how Argomon/Algomon (seriously, which is it?) to take over the city so easily. The city had just recently come out of the war against Kurata and the threat of Yggdrasil, so that left it vulnerable in the aftermath for Argo/Algo to come in and take it over. As for all the important characters in the series who didn't appear in the film, the other humans were in other pods, and the other digimon were either simply separated from Agumon/Gaomon/Lalamon in another part of the city trying to avoid capture, or they too were captured in pods and Agumon/Gaomon/Lalamon happened to be the only three who fully evaded capture.

As for how Masaru broke free, I've been toying with an idea for a fanfic to explain that one, but that's not quite the same thing as a headcanon, so I'll just say that he bested the pod's higher functions because he's Masaru, darn it! Sheer manly, Burning Justice willpower always wins through him!

But if that explanation for Masaru isn't good enough, the aforementioned fic idea I've been thinking of is inspired by the Batman: The Animated Series episode titled "Perchance to Dream", in which Batman bests a device that put him into a comatose state that I feel is similar to the one that the pods put Masaru and the others in. If you haven't seen it, check out that episode for an example of how I envision Masaru breaking free of the pod's control over him.
    Last edited by Sabrblade; 03-24-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Yeah, that's my placement for the Savers movie as well. Meanwhile I put Movie 3 between episodes 21 and 22 of Adventure 02. At that point the Kaiser would have been defeated, the kids would still be on summer break, and Magnamon would have already appeared. XV-mon doesn't appear in the film because V-mon hasn't evolved yet. I'm not as familiar with the timeline of Tamers, but I would guess that Movie 5 takes place either between episodes 18 and 19 or between 20 and 21. Not sure if that coincides with summer break or not, which is presumably the occasion for Takato visiting Okinawa.

I think people have had trouble placing Movie 7 in the Frontier timeline. I haven't taken a crack at it yet, myself.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net