With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your Digimon headcanons?

This will take a while...

The potentially impolite parts are in spoiler tags, with explanations provided.

Adventure, roughly chronological:

In the aftermath of the third Millenniummon incident (ie. D-1 Tamers), the Harmonious Ones set about gathering more teams in various parts of the planet. Baihumon's efforts were focused on North and Central America.

Michael Barton et al had an Adventure of their own in summer 2001. He and perhaps others of his team already knew Mimi, if not well. Michael already spoke Japanese at that point (don't ask me how, it's of minimal relevance). Some time in mid-September of that year, as Mimi and Michael (just friends at this point) sought to console each other, she mentioned Palmon in passing (it should be her doing it; she's the more absent-minded). To her surprise, he understood, and showed her his Digivice. This was the first time any of the Adventure 8 learned they were not alone.

Sometime in the span of 2005-2010, a new opponent emerged, formed by a fusion of Daemon and Dagomon. Combined efforts from across the planet were needed to defeat it. Justimon's presence proved decisive in several battles (see the Tamers section).

The following section is on Adventure's epilogue, and contains (among other things) shipping-related material. It is my perspective only. By highlighting it, you acknowledge that this what you wish to see.

Takeru and Hikari eventually ended up together, but it took them a long time to realize they were both interested. Their sons are fraternal twins.

Michael married Michael Barton. Like the other out-of-team spouses, he never quite felt comfortable when the entire group was present all at once. For this reason, none of them came to the reunion on Odaiba Day 28 (2027-08-01).

I recall reading somewhere the suggestion that Miyako is part of Koshiro's research team, from which she is on maternity leave on Odaiba Day 28 (the maternity leave part is canon). I agree and approve.

The Digidestined's children's partners are indeed their partner's children. Wormmon and Hawkmon's respective wives are not present for the same reason as all of the other out-of-team spouses; Poromon sees himself as a "stepbrother" of sorts to Minomon and Leafmon.

Each of the young digimon match the sex and gender of the parent whose form they share. As a result, five of the thirteen pairings are opposite-gender, including two male-human/female-digimon pairings.

The children present on 2027-08-01 do not represent the full eventual brood of the Adventure teams. Count on at least three more pairings in the next two years. Toward that end, on the date in question, at least one of the four human women present is pregnant, but does not know it yet (no basis at all for this last one).

Tamers, in no particular order:

Renamon was lying. She just didn't want to explain the Birdramon and the Honeybeemon (that joke is not nearly as funny as the Pokemon equivalent) to Ruki's mother in public. I don't care how many toes it steps on.

The partnerships were eventually reunited, and some rebuilding began, but the next jump was not until early 2004. In the interim, Leomon had been separated from Impmon and reconstituted. Juri was present when he hatched again, and he passed through Popomon > Frillmon > Liollmon quickly. Though Liollmon was able to assume higher forms like the others, Juri was an Adult by the time he principally maintained Leomon rather than Liollmon once again.

Various threats during 2004 compel the remaining Tamers to invoke the Biomatrix, bringing their partners to their respective Mega forms. These include (but are not limited to) HiAndromon, Cherubimon, and SaberLeomon (explained below). Following this, Cyberdramon is separated back into Monodramon and Millenniummon (don't care how). By the combined efforts of the entire team, the millennium bug is finally utterly destroyed. With Monodramon no longer a threat, there is no cause for Ryo's exile to continue, and they are both returned to the Adventure biverse (still don't care how, just think they deserved better than becoming unwanted pawns in Konaka's deconstruction fic). Ryo and Ken have bizarre stories for one another.

Always looking for hope, am I.

Continuity-unspecific, highly speculative:

In dyadic biverses of sufficient sample size, opposite-gender pairings constitute roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of all pairings. Such "cross-pairings" /*I really need a better name for that...*/ are capable of Biomatrix Digivolution. As hinted above, the result is a beast-form Mega whose sex matches the digimon component. As with other temporary fusions, the two "souls" retain their separate identities, rendering separate analysis of the combined form's "gender" - by academic definition - moot.

The spoiled section which follows speculates on Biology in pertinent continuities. I have endeavored to keep it PG-13 and fairly academic, but it still gets slightly blunt in a few places. Consider yourselves warned...

Few digimon aspects are always male or female even in biological continuities, with most such cases being humanoid and obvious. Fresh and In-Training digimon typically ♂:♀ split 1:1. Rookie and above usually lean one way or another, with both sexes still possible. Higher levels have more lopsided ratios. Salamon - as an example - leans roughly 1:12, and is very lopsided for a Rookie; most are far closer. When meeting an unfamiliar Rookie, don't assume, and don't be ashamed of asking. They have trouble telling with humans, too.

Digimon of Fresh or In-Training level do not possess differentiated genitalia. Not even other digimon can reliably determine the sexes of the young by external examination.

Digimon genitals are typically hidden at metaphysical layers, and require a conscious act of will to reveal or hide. Their shape is constant for any given sex-aspect, but across all digimon varies from human-like to closely resembling their animal inspirations, and anywhere in between. To clarify, every Male Patamon has the same type, which is (obviously) different from a female Patamon, which in turn may be different from a female Salamon, etc. etc. etc.

Rookie digimon, being the physical equivalent of human children roughly 6-13 years of age inclusive, are capable of romantic inclinations, but are not fertile. Only Champion Digimon and above are capable of breeding.

Interbreeding is theoretically possible between highly disparate forms. That said, certain combinations (in particular, endothermic/exothermic) are unlikely to find one-another desirable, so the full limits of inter-fertility are unknown.

The new egg typically matches the fresh form of its same-sex parent, though the the reverse is far from unheard-of.

I turned 14 during the first airing of the 02 dub. Yes, I've had time to think about these things; right, wrong, OR insane. As always, no offense is intended.

There may be more later.

When Lucemon originally took control, it slew the Digital World God, which is why the few Angel Digimon that appear in Frontier are associated with Lucemon, or live normal lives. Lucemon was possibly aided by the dark power of a time-traveling Millenniummon. The Three Archangels were servants of Lucemon, either before or after his fall, and only reluctantly joined the rebellion against him when it was clear he was too far gone. This is why they were so ineffective at mediating between Human and Beast Digimon, due to old prejudices, and were unable to keep hostilities from rising again.

The Frontier chosen children were Adventure's original chosen children, and the time warping between the two worlds didn't get resolved until Millenniummon was completely destroyed. The Ten Warriors and Archangels passed on their power to the Holy Beasts after deciding that the Archangels had too uneven a power distribution, while the Ten Warriors were too numerous to be united and decisive; with the consent of the Holy Beasts, Lucemon's "good data" was used to put Huanglongmon into slumber deep within the Digital World to act as a lynchpin and lock the way to the Dark Area (containing Lucemon's dark half), making it much more difficult to access. However, the lockdown allowed the Dark Area to become more concentrated, allowing for the mighty darkness which eventually birthed Millenniummon, meaning that Lucemon is the progenitor of Millenniummon, similar to the relationship between Vril and the Ogdru-Jahad.

Millenniummon's Chimairamon and Mugendramon are the ones the Adventure children fought, as part of a stable time loop. Millenniummon secretly passed several Dark Spores on to the Dark Masters and their cult to Apocalymon; one for Mugendramon to "survive" past his own defeat, another for Vamdemon in order to survive as Malo and ensure the creation of Chimairamon, and another to Piemon. Piemon was not a cultist of Millenniummon, however, and only knew that the spores were powerful weapons, which is why he "wasted" his infecting Gennai. Vamdemon was probably the fence for the Dark Spores, prob. passing them off as a creation of his black magic. The Dark Spore in Gennai was unable to take control of him as it did Ken and the spore children, but was able to weaken him so that he was forced to stay at his own abode rather than fight alongside the chosen children. Dagomon was merely a priest to Zeed, and his whole purpose was to create the Dark Ocean in order to foment the creation of Chimairamon by Ken. With Chimairamon defeated and his purpose complete, he went back into slumber and that's why we don't see him again. Demon is another cultist who went rogue and, knowing that Millenniummon was in remission, attempted to seize power, but was terrified of being sent back to the Dark Area before he was strong enough to keep from being punished.

When he was about to die, Millenniummon dragged Ryo's family into the Tamers world as a "gift" to Ryo. The last surviving Dark Spore was sent with him and corrupted the D-Reaper as a last "game", in which Millenniummon finally got Ryo to merge with him into Justimon, at which point he was satisfied and dissipated.

Savers, Xros Wars, and the various other series including Yggdrassill are a separate half of the multiverse where God (Yggdrasill and the Homeostasis) slew Lucemon/Millenniummon instead of the other way around. AS a result, Order is in excess instead of Chaos, and so the reigning powers are much more dualistic instead of elemental and morally neutral -- the Demon Lords, Olympians, and Royal Knights.

(Yes, my answers for most of the series mysteries are "Millenniummon". Timeywimey Lovecraftian elder god is a peg that fits in a lot of holes. Hopefully none of this falls into pure wish-fulfillment, as it's only supposed to be using evidence given to fill holes. Feel free to point out flaws in the theories, as well as any outright contradictions -- since this is supposed to be our fanon, the whole thing is pointless if we're disputing the canon.)
    Last edited by Inpu; 03-24-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    So Adventure and Frontier are the same universe?

I haven't really commented on any of these regardless of how ridiculous they might seem just because they're people's own canon and there's really nothing to discuss. Many of these posts are just fan fiction material that has nothing to do with the canon events.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

um TMS aren't headcanons just fanon used to fill in events that have not been stated yet

That seems to be how people are using it. In my opinion, it should more apply to interpreting things that actually happened, rather than building entire new series out of thin air. Like, from my perspective, The Call is fan fiction rather than "head canon," because we're given no reason to believe that there's a Sato or a Dark Man. For the most part I made those characters up out of whole cloth.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories

All right lets try this

Veemon loves chocolate because in his past life him as a mega he and a close friend went to the human world and it was the first ever anything of human food he ever ate.

Davis has some form Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder but is embarrassed about so Ken is the only one who know about it.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Hikari's son is the only Chosen Child of the future kids, which is why he has a Child level and the others don't.

I'm going on tfwiki's distinction: "The difference is that fan-fiction is an extension built upon canon, while fanon is an interpretation or explanation of existing canon." I'd say that any fanfiction with the primary purpose of explaining incongruincies, or turning plot holes into normal plot using retcons, would count as fanon.

In any case: I'd definitely be interested in hearing any evidence that negates my theories, 'cause they're supposed to be entirely based on explaining mysteries rather than being an entertaining story or being wish-fulfillment.

The only thing that seems too far-fetched to me is that the Frontier universe became the Adventure universe. As you said, "Millenniumon did it" is hard to argue with, but that instance seems a little extreme.
    MY PROJECTS

Okeydokey. In that case, the original Chosen Children could be linked to the Four Holy Beasts.