With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 133 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3383123130131132133134135136143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1431

Thread: What are your Digimon headcanons?

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Motomiya View Post
    At the risk of sounding like the most ignorant person, what do you guys mean about headcanons? I'm a fanfic writer, I should know this...
    I guess it's a kind of unclear distinction, one of those concepts that is often used but hard to actually strictly define. I would argue that the most similar context in classical hermeneutics/literary interpretation would be eisegesis, although in fandoms the addition of own inventions tends to be more substantial. The opening post gives a very rudimentary definition that in my opinion fails to distinguish between the addition of original ideas and simple interpretation of canon material. After all no one has the exact same opinion and interpretation of a work of art, making almost any statement by a fan that's not simply a straight quotation a headcanon since it is canon filtered through the perception of someone who is not the creator (no matter how sure said fan might be about how close his perception is to actual canon). Instead my personal definition would be that an headcanon is any theory that a fan creates under the explicit assumption that said theory is not the intended interpretation.
    As far as the distinction between headcanons and fanfics is concerned, I would argue that a headcanon is something added to an existing narrative without constituting a separate narrative in itself. Once a headcanon becomes complex enough to require an entire chain of original events to unfold in a highly specific way, that's where we are entering actual fanfiction territory, although where that specific line is drawn is yet another unclear distinction.
    Last edited by Theigno; 09-02-2018 at 06:16 PM.

At the risk of sounding like the most ignorant person, what do you guys mean about headcanons? I'm a fanfic writer, I should know this...
    The tvtropes article might help: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Fanon

Junior Commander IamTheSovereign's Avatar
    Piedmon is the one who dealt the killing blow to Piximon in Adventure.
    "Evil can confuse you when you're staring at it straight in the face. You can hope the face of evil will change, but it won't unless you force it to change."

If you enjoy(ed) my story, check this out! It's the various Digimon I've created for the entire series: ---> https://withthewill.net/threads/1844...906#post325906

It's just an idea you have about a story not evident in the story itself, but that you treat as true nonetheless. It's "canon" in your head.
    "A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author." -G. K. Chesterton

I'm going digital
    I was rewatching season two and finally get qinglongmon was responsible for patamon and gatomon reaching their ultimates. Also qinglongmon could of always restored their ability to digivolve like we see in the end of the season but because of the influence of the dark towers it was pointless to give at the time.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    small headcanon, Digitamamon has a restaurant in each Digi-verse.

I'm going digital
    I think all the royal knight mode changes will have wings which makes sense since they're holy knights.

Add DazzleDream on Steam
    One headcannon I have is that some of the DNA digimon partners in 02 had a shared ancestry; sort of like Gatomon and Hawkmon were originally one species that eventually split. This is why some of the main evolution lines of these digimon still have traits of the partner like Hawkmon to Silphymon or Wormmon to Dinobeemon. This is really the only way I can get over some of the obvious jogress designs being included in the Digimon's 'main' line.

I'm going digital
    I think the reason homeostasis didn't have Ken apart of the original digidestined is that it only calls forth as many digidestined. And I think the original 8 were chosen not just because they saw greynon because if that was the only reason I would expect their would be more digidestined called but I think of the kids their they exemplified the strongest crest attributes that influenced greymon. And greymon and parrotmon might of been purposefully summoned for that purpose.

Also am I the only one who thought Cody was a girl for the longest I didn't know he was a dude till the timeskip. And besides that digimon is pretty accurate with Asian gender ratios.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbeemon View Post
    I think the reason homeostasis didn't have Ken apart of the original digidestined is that it only calls forth as many digidestined. And I think the original 8 were chosen not just because they saw greynon because if that was the only reason I would expect their would be more digidestined called but I think of the kids their they exemplified the strongest crest attributes that influenced greymon. And greymon and parrotmon might of been purposefully summoned for that purpose.

Also am I the only one who thought Cody was a girl for the longest I didn't know he was a dude till the timeskip. And besides that digimon is pretty accurate with Asian gender ratios.
    You're not, multiple dubs changed Cody into a girl. The Spanish version, for example.