With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 175

Thread: What don't you like in Fusion?

  1. #11
    I come from the net Bartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The original Xros Wars reused VAs all the time though. Japanese Nene shares an actor with Cutemon, Lilithmon, Taiki's mom, and Ren. There are several other actors who have more than one major role as well.
    I meant reusing main charaters from previous seasons, not resuing one VA for multiple roles eveyone does that, however using previous manin charaters VAs takes away from making the new character as unqie and iconic as they should be
    The original Xros Wars did that as well, Dorulumon for instance was played by Tentomon, Damemon by Joe, Sparrowmon by Kristy and so on. The thing is that when you have an extensive cast of characters like this series, you're bound to be using the same voice actors for them. What matters is if those voice actors fit the role they're given, not if they have had a previous credit in the franchise.

  2. #12
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9
    don't like the guy who does jeremys voice, i think
    his name is Derek Stephen Prince i've heard his
    work a few other places, his voice literally drives
    me up a wall and ruins any scene he is in that and the constant
    leaking and mixing up of episodes

  3. #13
    I come from the net Sabrblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida, the Neglected State
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWizardCassidy View Post
    don't like the guy who does jeremys voice, i think
    his name is Derek Stephen Prince i've heard his
    work a few other places, his voice literally drives
    me up a wall and ruins any scene he is in that and the constant
    leaking and mixing up of episodes
    Derek Stephen Prince is a Digimon dubbing veteran, having provided the voices for all of the following:

    • DemiDevimon (Adventure)
    • Digitamamon (Adventure and Zero Two)
    • Piedmon (Adventure)
    • DemiVeemon / Veemon / ExVeemon / Paildramon (with Paul St. Peter) / Imperialdramon (with Paul St. Peter) (Zero Two)
    • Ken Ichijouji / Digimon Emperor (Zero Two)
    • Impmon / Beelzemon (Tamers)
    • Takehito Uehara (Tamers, Movie 5)
    • Grumblemon / Gigasmon (Frontier)
    • Dynasmon (Frontier)
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!
    .

  4. #14
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9
    Cool didn't know that but i haven't watched since season 1
    and the fact that they can get veteran voice actors back
    at all is awesome. i just don't like his particular voice it's
    actually the least of fusions problems. Witch i mentioned is
    the fact that it's been on 2 networks already and episodes
    get leaked constantly.

  5. #15
    I come from the net Sabrblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida, the Neglected State
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,194
    Something I have come to dislike in this dub is its portrayal of Tactimon. My goodness, they flat out RUINED the character! They took a really cool villain who was mostly calm-minded, stoic, honorable, and knew when to and when not to speak, and then turned him into this arrogant, high-pitched loudmouth of a slimeball who never EVER shuts up how he's so amazing and everyone else is so pathetic. Good grief, dubbers, just because he has no visibly-moving mouth doesn't mean every second of his screentime needs to be padded in with so much egotistical jibber-jabber and incessant rambling from him.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!
    .

  6. #16
    I'm a Maniac Zennistrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Analog World
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    Something I have come to dislike in this dub is its portrayal of Tactimon. My goodness, they flat out RUINED the character! They took a really cool villain who was mostly calm-minded, stoic, honorable, and knew when to and when not to speak, and then turned him into this arrogant, high-pitched loudmouth of a slimeball who never EVER shuts up how he's so amazing and everyone else is so pathetic. Good grief, dubbers, just because he has no visibly-moving mouth doesn't mean every second of his screentime needs to be padded in with so much egotistical jibber-jabber and incessant rambling from him.
    Tactimon was never exactly "honorable" to begin with, he's been shown repeatedly even in Japanese to be quite ruthless and arrogant. Just listen to how he speaks of the others when he grows humongous at the end of the first arc. Anyone who refers to his enemies as "insects" is far from honorable.

  7. #17
    I come from the net Sabrblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida, the Neglected State
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Zennistrad View Post
    Tactimon was never exactly "honorable" to begin with,
    Towards Bagramon, he was. Now he's all "Even Bagra himself fears my power!" and talks about how Dorulumon could have ruled the world alongside him (Tactimon, that is) when it's Bagramon who would rule. In the original, Tactimon was far more respectful towards his master's power and authority. Here, though, he's Starscream.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!
    .

  8. #18
    I'm a Maniac Zennistrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Analog World
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zennistrad View Post
    Tactimon was never exactly "honorable" to begin with,
    Towards Bagramon, he was. Now he's all "Even Bagra himself fears my power!" and talks about how Dorulumon could have ruled the world alongside him (Tactimon, that is) when it's Bagramon who would rule. In the original, Tactimon was far more respectful towards his master's power and authority. Here, though, he's Starscream.
    I guess you're right about that, but truth be told I never found Tactimon to be all that interesting of a villain. DarkKnightmon (or AxeKnightmon, I guess) will always be the bad guy of the series, no other villain in Xros Wars could really even come close.

  9. #19
    Ain't got no mojo... GeneralMikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    24
    there isn't too much I find myself disliking about the dub. a minor nitpick is how the opening spoils some of the DigiFusions that haven't happened yet, whereas the Japanese openings were more careful about that.

    as for the stuff that realy bugs me, as sombody who grew up with the english dub and most of the time uses dub terms, it bothers me when this dub has Digimon or attack names that are inconsistent with past dubs

  10. #20
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,326
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I can understand not liking them, but naming inconsistencies in the dub are hardly new.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •