With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Thread: What don't you like in Fusion?

Add RestInPain on Facebook
    What I hated was the series being called Fusion. Why couldn't they have stuck with Xros Wars? Also the fucking names appearing on the screens every damn time like they think the viewers are too retarded to remember the names of the characters, same thing with attacks. I really feel like Saban or Toei decided to undermine the intelligence of those they made the show for.

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPain View Post
    I really feel like Saban or Toei decided to undermine the intelligence of those they made the show for.
    The show was made for children. Children are not known to be the most coherent beings.

Quote Originally Posted by GrungeCat View Post
    I really feel like Saban or Toei decided to undermine the intelligence of those they made the show for.
    The show was made for children. Children are not known to be the most coherent beings.
    Well maybe. But I think that maybe after one or two episodes and one introduction to a new character everyone would've already caught on.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Well first you can drop the language. I suspect the reason they dropped Xros Wars is due to 'cross wars' sounds like a religious battle series.. Some parents of the US would not take that well.

Every single episode of the original Japanese version of Xros Wars had character name captions appearing onscreen. The dub was simply replicating what the original did, but only a little moreso since some characters eventually quit having name captions provided for them over time. However, there were still definitely name captions given for some characters in every. Single. Episode of the original. Not to the same extent as in the dub, but the captions still never ceased in the original.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    Every single episode of the original Japanese version of Xros Wars had character name captions appearing onscreen. The dub was simply replicating what the original did, but only a little moreso since some characters eventually quit having name captions provided for them over time. However, there were still definitely name captions given for some characters in every. Single. Episode of the original. Not to the same extent as in the dub, but the captions still never ceased in the original.
    Well then that's an issue with the original version then. The creators of the show at the time were quick to undermine their viewers intelligence. Therefor they maybe stupid.

Well then that's an issue with the original version then. The creators of the show at the time were quick to undermine their viewers intelligence. Therefor they maybe stupid.
    Lots of Japanese children's anime do the name captions thing. Even Japanese-dubbed versions of some Western children's cartoons have them. The Japanese dub of the third season of the original Transformers cartoon (called "Transformers: 2010" in Japan), for instance, gave name captions to the characters where the original English version had none. It's simply a common practice that no one bats an eye at in Japan. It's not an "intelligence insult", it's a tradition.

And it's not like Digimon hasn't done it before. The first episode of both Adventure and Zero Two did the name caption thing for all the Chosen Children, and Savers had name captions provided for every wild digimon that appeared in that show before the it eventually decided to start using its own Digimon Analyzer. In fact, that's pretty much what the Analyzer screen in every series was for: To provide onscreen names for the digimon. Xros Wars never got its own Analyzer screen, so it stuck with the more traditional name caption method.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Lots of Japanese children's anime do the name captions thing. Even Japanese-dubbed versions of some Western children's cartoons have them. The Japanese dub of the third season of the original Transformers cartoon (called "Transformers: 2010" in Japan), for instance, gave name captions to the characters where the original English version had none. It's simply a common practice that no one bats an eye at in Japan. It's not an "intelligence insult", it's a tradition.

And it's not like Digimon hasn't done it before. The first episode of both Adventure and Zero Two did the name caption thing for all the Chosen Children, and Savers had name captions provided for every wild digimon that appeared in that show before the it eventually decided to start using its own Digimon Analyzer. In fact, that's pretty much what the Analyzer screen in every series was for: To provide onscreen names for the digimon. Xros Wars never got its own Analyzer screen, so it stuck with the more traditional name caption method.
    I guess I see your point there. But retort, Digimon Adventure and 02 only did it for one episode. And that was the first episode where we were introduced to them. My point is- Xros Wars/Fusion does it every damn episode. Like it's tedious and bit annoying. Like in some ways they think we can't remember the protags and Digimons name so on every episode they do the same thing of putting their names there.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    I think you've made your point a couple of times. No need to keep going on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    I think you've made your point a couple of times. No need to keep going on about it.
    Yeah, but I don't think he exactly understood what I meant. But either way I've gotten it across and it's all cleared up now.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast