With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just what the heck is Gazimon, anyway?

It seriously makes me think of a monstrous kitsune, what it's multiple tails.

Completely digital CrazyAristocracy's Avatar
    Add CrazyAristocracy on DeviantArt
    It's a Digimon.

It doesn't need to be anything.

EDIT: Isn't Pagumon a pug, though? That would probably make Gazimon a dog.
    Last edited by CrazyAristocracy; 06-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.

There's a couple of older child Digimon that are not supposed to be anything in specific. Elecmon, Gazimon, Gizamon, and Betamon are the ones that come to mind. I wouldn't be able to narrow done what they are supposed to be either. Maybe even Plotmon considering it evolves into Tailmon.

This is very pedantic, but I can see it maybe being inspire by the nekomata, but not based on it completely. In the same way Elecmon was inspired by the Kitsune those multiple tails.

I love the comparison to Wile Coyote too lol.

I always thought the reason X Antibody Gazimon looked like a Sabretooth Tiger was because DinoTigermon debuted around the same time. I always thought Gazimon X should be the child for Tobucatmon>Skullbaluchimon>DinoTigermon considering the similarities between them all but I don't think it was actually in the cardgame.

Also I remember people in the Digimon Evolution thread explaining how Gazimon looked like a good child for Devidramon, which doesn't really help answer what he's supposed to be lol.

I always thought it was weird how they connected Gaomon to Gazimon too.
    Last edited by flintlock; 06-23-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    There's a couple of older child Digimon that are not supposed to be anything in specific. Elecmon, Gazimon, Gizamon, and Betamon are the ones that come to mind. I wouldn't be able to narrow done what they are supposed to be either. Maybe even Plotmon considering it evolves into Tailmon.
    You make a good point. Considering how diverse the pre-Pendulum evolution lines were, it actually makes sense for the Child Digimon to have a kind of "mixed" feel to them - after all, they can practically evolve into anything. I'm surprised you didn't mention Gabumon too, since he's a lizard in a wolf pelt with a forehead-horn. Makes the platypus look straightforward, if you ask me XD
    Procrastinator (n)-A person who

(Signature to be finished later)

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I rationalize it this way too. I know many people are tempted to find connections to (real world) animals/creatures, but in Gazimon's case it's hard to find anything beyond inspiration.

Add HarleyThomas on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAristocracy View Post
    It's a Digimon.

It doesn't need to be anything.

EDIT: Isn't Pagumon a pug, though? That would probably make Gazimon a dog.
    Isn't Nyaromon a cat?

Those kind of reasonings don't really work.

When I was a child I always thought Gazimon was a cat, without thinking about it at all. Now that I know of the connection to Gaomon I think it's dog...ish. I'm going with Gazimon being a monster that's similar to a dog, but definitely not a dog itself.

Completely digital
    Nyaromon seems like a cat. Gazimon seems like a 'thing.' Plotmon seems like a dog. Gatomon seems like a cat. Ophanimon seems like an angel. Magnadramon seems like a dragon.

Some lines don't have a physically obvious theme.

I had no idea there were so many people who were so confused as to what animal Gazimon looks like.

I never had this problem. I could tell right from the get-go what animal he resembled, and have never questioned it since.

From the first time I laid eyes on the bunch of Gazimon that worked for Etemon, I could instantly tell that it was obviously an anthropomorphic wolf with exaggerated cartoony features and unrealistic fantasy features.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugendramon View Post
    I'd say it looks like a coyote, sorta? I mean, at least look at this guy.
    I thought they were coyotes too. They reminded me of Scar's minions from the Lion King.
    Nightfall on the Frontier, a Tamers/Frontier Crossover Sequel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast