With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Completely digital CrazyAristocracy's Avatar
    Add CrazyAristocracy on DeviantArt
    Wuthering Heights apparently served as inspiration for Twilight... Edward is Heathcliff and Bella's name comes from Isabella. Stephenie Meyer is stupid enough to think their relationship is anything but horrible.

Oh, and I started reading Stephen King's Firestarter some time ago. I haven't read much lately...
    Last edited by CrazyAristocracy; 07-29-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    She doesn't even realize that the supernatural "romance" of the novel (if you can call it that) is between Heathcliff and Catherine? Just another reason to write her off, I guess.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Raiden On Twitter Visit Raiden's Youtube Channel Add Raiden on DeviantArt
    I've started reading Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (already have all 18 volumes, just never started to read) and re-reading Fruits Basket. ...I love both series to bits. Gin and Furuba, along with Ginga Densetsu Weed, Trinity Blood, Chrono Crusade and all my Quinrose manga are probably the only manga series that I will never sell or throw away. <3

*scratches head* I just wish they translated Saint Seiya and its sequels (both canon and spin-offs) into Finnish, or even English... well, Saint Seiya DOES have an English translation. I just hate it since they turned Deathmask's name into Mephisto and Saori into Sienna... -_-;
    "Everything is idiocy if you choose to look at it in the proper light." - Belgarath, The Belgariad book 1

lurk lurkedy lurk kaboom

"Doing the deeds of evil men makes you evil. 'Duty' is not an excuse. Not to your god, or anyone else's." - unknown RPG Maker game

Books:
    • The Railway Series

Comics:
    • IDW's Generation 1 continuity Transformers comics

Manga:
    • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (Kodansha USA translation)
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Add KaenKazui on DeviantArt Add KaenKazui on Google+
    Well, I finally got BioShock Rapture yesterday and therefore are reading this book, as I simply love the franchise.

I don't read any Manga right now, apart from the weekly chapter of Fairy Tail.

I finally finished Jane Eyre a week or two back. I was right in predicting that I'd end up preferring Wuthering Heights. Still, I'm glad I read it. It is a classic novel after all, with some great parts to it. I really liked the character of Rochester, for example.

Now, for a change of pace, I'm reading something from this century. It's non-fiction as well, though it reads somewhat like a novel. The book is The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. It's about the spectacular 1893 Chicago World's Fair, with special attention given to Daniel Burnham, the man behind it, and H. H. Holmes, America's first serial killer, who used the fair as a sort of hunting ground. Holmes is like something out of a Victorian horror novel. He built a bizarre hotel full of secret passages and deathtraps to take advantage of the fair. I'm a little over halfway through the book now, to the point where both the fair and the hotel are fully up and running, and it's a been a very good read.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories

Book: re-reading Phenomena 1, also some Dracula, Sherlock Holmes and Alice's Adventures now and then.
    Comic: mostly web comics, also some Snobben og Putte(dunno their original names), Hägar the Horrible and Lucky Luke sometimes
    Manga: too many to list...

I am BETA reading. Got sent an interesting request for an Armored Core fic, a series I haven't edited before. Interesting premise, we'll see how this goes. I'm pretty sure half my writers lost interest before I did, but hopefully that won't be the case this time.

Well, time to get back to it....

I've been reading through John Buchan's Collected Supernatural Stories as part of my interest in stories mentioned in Lovecraft's "Supernatural Horror in Literature." If anyone has ever heard of the Hitchcock movie The Thirty-Nine Steps, Buchan wrote the novel it was based on. Lovecraft only specifically mentions three of Buchan's short stories, all of them from The Runagates Club (and one of them narrated by Richard Hannay, the protagonist of the aforementioned novel) and I liked them, so I thought I'd try out some of Buchan's other stuff. So far my favorite in the new collection is "The Grove of Ashtaroth," but others have been good as well. A while back I read a Buchan novel called Witch Wood, which was okay, though the horror aspect didn't play a big enough part in it for me.
    MY PROJECTS

Well, I was reading Hoshi no Samidare when I reached chapter 53 and saw a second reference to the Pillows. ("Biscuit Hammer" and "Blues Drive Monster" are two of their songs.)

Just when I thought the series couldn't get better.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast