With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Season 2 DVD Boxset Confirmed. Update- Updated Cover

Digimon Season 2 DVD Boxset Confirmed. Update- Updated Cover

It appears season 1 sold well enough that New Video has confirmed they will be doing season 2.

Image Thumbnail

Information from New Video regarding the set

Four years after Tai, Mimi and the rest of the DigiDestined brought peace to the digital world and found their way back home, the Digimon Emperor–a new villain–threatens the world and its Digital Monsters. With some the original kids off to junior high, a new generation is chosen to defend and save the world from evil. Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken join T.K and Kari to form the new Digidestined team. Together they journey back to the Digital World to battle the Digimon Emperor and free all the Digital Monsters from his control.
    For the first time ever DIGIMON ADVENTURE SEASON 02 (the direct sequel to Digimon Adventure Season 01) is available in an 8-disc official collector’s set, complete with all 50 episodes
    The MSRP will be the same as season 1 at $79.95 (so keep an eye out for sales, I'll do what I can to keep an eye out for everyone.)

The set will be released on March 26th, 2013, which is the same day that the second volume release of season 1 is coming out.

The set is confirmed to have extras, but we don't know what they are yet.

Update- Preorder is up at Amazon for Season 2 Pre-order right now is at $56. If you preorder at Amazon you get the lowest price they do inbetween your preorder and the release (and you can always cancel.) No sign of Season 2 elsewhere yet.

Update 2- Got this a few days ago, but got busy and forgot to upload it. Thanks to WTK for reminding me about it.

The cover for New Video's release of Season 2 has been updated with some color differences and some moving around of the images on the cover.

Image Thumbnail
    Last edited by MarcFBR; 01-17-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Updated w/ Updated Cover
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Woohoo! Can't wait, still haven't gotten season 1 yet but I'm glad to know the second season will be out there too soon.

Ah, excellent. Now I know they are continuing, I need to buy the 1st set and sell my australian half sets.

WOAH DANG. Since S1 was doing well I expected S2 to be released, but this is one heck of a turnaround.

Season 2 wasn't my most favorite season, but the fact that they included Mimi in that blurb even though she doesn't appear often makes me want to go out and buy it a.s.a.p
    Mimi Tachikawa fanboy and proud of it.

Ain't got no mojo...
    So awesome to read this. Hopefully we will get a disc of extras from both seasons. **waits patiently for Walmart to list DVD set**

So... Ken teams up with T.K. and Kari to fight the Digimon Emperor, eh?

Another set with more bland-looking, generic artwork.

Based on the first DVD set, I guess we can expect at least 11 episodes to be missing their pre-episode recaps, and at least 6 of those to not have openings at all.

Also, are we gonna be seeing "SnowBotamon" and "Rockmon" or "YukimiBotamon" and "Golemon" in the analyzer screens of this set?
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    It's good to see that you guys are getting Season 2. Since the original set seems to have done well enough for them to release this, there is still hope for it coming over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrblade View Post
    So... Ken teams up with T.K. and Kari to fight the Digimon Emperor, eh?

Another set with more bland-looking, generic artwork.

Based on the first DVD set, I guess we can expect at least 11 episodes to be missing their pre-episode recaps, and at least 6 of those to not have openings at all.

Also, are we gonna be seeing "SnowBotamon" and "Rockmon" or "YukimiBotamon" and "Golemon" in the analyzer screens of this set?
    Always nice to see the negativity.

Don't try and let any positiveness pop in, you may not be able to take it.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Aw, come on, I was joking about the first bit.

And the last one was an honest question, since that episode first aired with the incorrect analyzer screens.
    When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast