With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting Stuff in Digimon Official Big Picture Book Volume 1-6

Completely digital
    I could help out with the Digimon body parts translations, though sadly it would have to mean someone copying the Japanese text and pasting it on Notepad or some such, since that's the only way I can do them. I did buy the first two books and a translator pen to try and have a go myself, but the pen was too small to scan the sentences with.

As for requests, apparently there are two profiles specially given to Wallace and the Digimon Kaiser in Book 3 that follow the same layout as the Digimon profiles, and I was wondering if there's any interesting things in them? Incidentally, are there other Tamers/Chosen Children/secondary characters in Books 3 - 6 that also have been given profiles?
    Last edited by Wildermon; 12-15-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Okay! Sorry for the lateness of my reply, but this was sort of an all-day project. I've been translating the Digimon Kaiser and Wallace sections today, and I'm pretty pleased with the results, though it isn't very nuanced, I'm sure. If anyone wants to double-check me I can provide the Japanese text. As for Wildermon's question, each of the twelve Chosen Children gets a profile in Volume 3, though not a Digimon-esque one like Wallace and the Kaiser (and Michael). Anyway, here are those profiles. If anyone has any other requests, let me know. Just be warned that it may take a while.

DIGIMON KAISER
    DIGIMON TAMER
    Partner: Wormmon
    School Grade: 5th Year Elementary Student
    Place of Origin: Japan

Attacking to Rule the Digital World!!
    Using the Dark D-3, a terrifying Tamer with a plot to rule the Digital World!! He believes the Digimon are mere toys, and wants to win the game…

Brains
    With formidable high intelligence, he creates the Evil Rings, Dark Towers, and other dark items one after another.

Hand
    Not listening to the Digimon, the whip flies mercilessly!!

Mantle
    Intimidating opponent’s that see it, a dark colored mantle! Truly the proof of an emperor!!

The Digimon Kaiser’s True Identity!?
    [picture of Ken and picture of Kaiser sans mask]
    The Digimon Kaiser’s true identity, famous boy genius Ichijouji Ken. He was formerly a kind-hearted boy… What happened in the past!?
    [picture of Ken playing soccer]
    He performs excellently in all sports. His knowledge of computers is particularly deep, and he is a contest winner!

WALLACE
    DIGIMON TAMER
    Partner: Terriermon
    School Grade: 5th Grade Elementary Student
    Place of Origin: America

New York Raised and a Little Precocious
    Chocomon and Gummymon’s Partner, he’s using his summer vacation to take a trip searching for Chocomon. Formerly he had a Japanese girlfriend, and can speak Japanese skillfully!!

Brains
    7 years ago Chocomon abruptly vanished, and he has never forgotten to call his mom, until now.

Mouth
    If he sees a girl he admires, Wallace has a natural courtesy. A greeting kiss is his specialty.

Garments
    Wallace wears the ordinary Digivice on his person! Therefore, only normal evolution is possible!!

What’s the connection to Chocomon!?
    Appearing from his mother’s PC, twin Digimon were born from one Digitama. 7 years ago, the time of the incident when Taichi and the others encountered Parrotmon, Chocomon was dragged into a rift in space…
    [picture of the twins working the water pump]
    Now separated, Gummymon and Chocomon were very good friends! They were always together laughing cheerfully and playing!!
    [picture of Wallace and his partners on a bicycle]
    Wallace hid and raised Gummymon and Chocomon so that his mother didn’t find them. However, they were cruelly separated…
    Last edited by TMS; 12-15-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

No one requested this, but I decided to be a little more thorough about this segment of Volume 4.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    5) This seems to be finding the right Digimon partner based on personality compatibility. There are four categories from right to left: appearance, sense of responsibility, ambition, and courage. Then there are four different Tamer types: A, B, C, and D.
    A – Angewomon / Hawkmon / Aquilamon / Stingmon
    B – Revolmon / V-mon / Ankylomon / Qinglongmon
    C – Mummymon / LadyDevimon / Archnemon / Gokimon
    D – SkullSatamon / MarineDevimon / Minotaurmon / Chimairamon
    It then describes the Tamer personality types: A, like Hikari (suggested partner Floramon), B, like Daisuke (suggested partner FlareLizamon), C, like Ken (suggested partner Thunderballmon), D, like Oikawa (suggested partner BelialVamdemon). At least, I think this is what’s said in the section. There’s a lot of text.
    I noticed that I didn't bother earlier to translate the names of the Tamer types, and I hadn't realized that more examples of Tamers and partner Digimon than the ones I listed above.

Type A: Innocent / Pure Tamer
    Similar Tamers: Hikari, Sora, Yamato, etc.
    Compatible Digimon: Centalmon, Delumon, Jyureimon, Unimon, Yukidarumon, etc.
    Best Partner Choice: Floramon ("Best Regards!")

Type B: Hot-Blooded Tamer
    Similar Tamers: Daisuke, Miyako, Taichi, etc.
    Compatible Digimon: Gorimon, Hanumon, Leomon, Meramon, Tortomon, Tyrannomon, etc.
    Best Partner Choice: FlareLizamon ("Get fired up!")

Type C: Intellectual Tamer
    Similar Tamers: Ken, Takeru, Koshiro, etc.
    Compatible Digimon: Ebidramon, Mamemon, Monzaemon, Starmon, Wizarmon, etc.
    Best Partner Choice: Thunderballmon ("Keep it up!")

Type D: Fiend Tamer
    Similar Tamers: Oikawa
    Compatible Digimon: Devimon, SkullSatamon, Vamdemon, VenomVamdemon, etc.
    Best Partner Choice: BelialVamdemon ("Ugaaaaah!")

There. That's all the easy stuff, though I can attempt the rest later. Again, if anyone has any requests, let me know.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    I think it's ironic that Kuwagamon hates beetles while he himself is one. Angewomon also hates vulgar individuals though her own outfit is also very vulgar. It's also hilarious that Tankmon hates his own noisy body and Evilmon hates his stretched face. If only Evilmon knew what things those stretched faces were concealing in Xros Wars... *gets hit by Angewomon's Holy Arrow*.

Why is Gigadramon's data size bigger than Megadramon's despite the former's color is simpler?
    And why did they skip Number 167 to 271?

That SkullGreymon VS MetalGreymon picture is epic. I never knew before that it has happened years before Xros Wars. And this one is also the original (?) MetalGreymon... Errr... I think the original is the purple one... Looking at the metalic part on his tail in this picture, it looks like the metal is beneath the skin rather than attached to it. Have they ever mentioned whether the outest part is the metal or the skin?
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Quote Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
    Why is Gigadramon's data size bigger than Megadramon's despite the former's color is simpler?
    Well, "giga" is more than "mega," I guess. And I don't see that 167 to 271 are skipped.

I'm not sure on the MetalGreymon question. The profile says that more than half of its body is mechanized, which doesn't seem to be the case judging from the exterior, so maybe there are robotic parts beneath the skin in places like the tail.
    MY PROJECTS

I come from the net Monox D. I-Fly's Avatar
    Follow Monox D. I-Fly On Twitter Add Monox D. I-Fly on Facebook Follow Monox D. I-Fly on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Well, "giga" is more than "mega," I guess. And I don't see that 167 to 271 are skipped.

I'm not sure on the MetalGreymon question. The profile says that more than half of its body is mechanized, which doesn't seem to be the case judging from the exterior, so maybe there are robotic parts beneath the skin in places like the tail.
    The difference is only 2 GB though, Megadramon's is 38 GB while Gigadramon's is 40 GB.

Oops, sorry. Looks like I made a mistake because after I read at Number 266, it was Number 163 and then it continued at Number 267 again.

Well, now that I think about it, there is no way Giga Destroyer can be launched from the inside of MetalGreymon's chest if there were no metal parts beneath his skin level.

EDIT: So, after making Airdramon's evolution chart, I realized why Gigadramon's data is bigger than Megadramon's. Gigadramon has metal wings, while Megadramon's are just normal sewn/torn wings.
    Last edited by Monox D. I-Fly; 10-08-2014 at 05:18 AM.
    I am a Digimon fan who was an Elementary Schooler during WarGreymon era,
    a Middle Schooler during KaiserGreymon era, a High Schooler during ShineGreymon era,
    and a college student during ZekeGreymon era.

Since maps have come up in several threads recently (specifically here and here), I took a look at these books again to see what they had to offer in terms of geography. Unfortunately, File Island and Server Continent are the only parts of the Digital World that are actually given maps (see the Imgur link earlier in this thread). However, I did notice in the Adventure 02 books that there's a section called Digimon Collection. In Volume III this gives the location names for where each episode took place, along with what Digimon appeared there, with "new" Digimon highlighted. Volume IV's Digimon Collection gets rid of the episode-by-episode place names, I'm afraid, though it does mention a few of the obvious locations. Anyway, thought I'd share them here, along with how those sections break down the show's story arcs.

1-6: Senpai Digimon and Coming Together!!
    1: Cavern (Snimon, Unimon, Numemon, Monochromon)
    2: Grand Canyon* (Mojyamon, Drimogemon)
    3: Prison (Elecmon, Tuskmon, Tyrannomon, Gotsumon)
    4: Santa Geria** (Vegiemon, Gazimon, RedVegiemon)
    5: Crystal Land* (Gizamon, Yukidarumon, Ebidramon, Shellmon)
    6: Forest*** (Otamamon, Gokimon, Gekomon)

* Grand Canyon and Crystal Land sound like off-brand versions of File Island's Great Canyon and Freeze Land. I guess they're supposed to be different places?
    ** "Geria" doesn't mean anything as far as I can tell. Possibly it's derived from "geri," meaning "diarrhea" (given the poop-throwing Vegiemon and all).
    *** In episode 15 of the anime, a Gekomon refers to this place as Murimuri Forest. "Muri" means unnatural or impossible.

7-11: Agumon’s Rescue!!
    7: Full Metal City (Guardromon, Andromon)
    8: Death Valley (Bakemon, Deltamon)
    9: Marsh of Flame (SkullGreymon, Airdramon, Meramon)
    10: Locomotown (MetalGreymon, Woodmon, DarkTyrannomon)
    11: Steep Cliff (Flymon)

12-18: The Digital World’s Crisis!!
    12: Western Town (Revolmon, Starmon)
    13: Mysterious Digital World (Hangyomon)
    14: Restaurant (Seadramon, Digitamamon, Betamon, Gorimon, Scumon)
    15: Edo Town (TonosamaGekomon, Mushmon, Igamon, Floramon)
    16: Offshore Oil Field (MegaSeadramon)
    17: Odaiba - Fuji TV (Wizarmon)
    18: Rocky Mountain (Kuwagamon, Dokugumon)

19-21: Fierce Fighting! The Digimon Kaiser!!
    19: Mobile Stronghold (Devimon, Chimairamon)
    20: Mobile Stronghold (Wormmon)
    21: Mobile Stronghold (Devidramon)

22-29: Bring Down the Dark Towers!!
    24: Kindergarten
    28-29: Giga House
    Tortomon, Thunderballmon, Golemon, Minotaurmon, Okuwamon, Kunemon, Archnemon, Mummymon

30-37: The 7 Holy Points!
    36: Chinatown
    BlackWarGreymon, Knightmon, Hanumon, Musyamon, Qinglongmon, Rukamon, Bakumon

38-42: Tamers Around the World Cooperate!
    40: New York
    Triceramon, FlareLizamon, Shakomon, Octmon, Ganimon, Coelamon, Giromon, BigMamemon, Mamemon, MetalMamemon

43-45: The Terror of Demon!!
    45: Hikarigaoka
    SkullSatamon, MarineDevimon, Demon, Millenniumon

46-50: Light for the World!!
    48: Different Dimension
    Pipimon, BelialVamdemon
    MY PROJECTS

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    I think it's ironic that Kuwagamon hates beetles while he himself is one.
    The generic word for Beetle, "Kabutomushi," applies primarily to Rhinoceros-type beetles, as opposed to "Kuwagatamushi" Stag beetles. So Kuwagamon hates Kabuterimon and all its relatives. And presumably non-digital ones if it ever met them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123